The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

UNSCRIPTED: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
Got the softcover from Amazon yesterday, great so far, but can't wait for the audible version. BTW, as an avid audiobook consumer, the presenter really makes a huge difference and I am sure MJ did some due diligence in choosing. But, if given a choice, in this case I would be willing to be pay 2X, 3X, maybe even 4X as much to get MJ presenting over anyone else. TMF is absolutely amazing in audiobook form since you can feel the passion from MJ as he speaks, its great.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Got the softcover from Amazon yesterday, great so far, but can't wait for the audible version. BTW, as an avid audiobook consumer, the presenter really makes a huge difference and I am sure MJ did some due diligence in choosing. But, if given a choice, in this case I would be willing to be pay 2X, 3X, maybe even 4X as much to get MJ presenting over anyone else. TMF is absolutely amazing in audiobook form since you can feel the passion from MJ as he speaks, its great.

If I chose to do the narration, then you wouldn't get the audiobook until 2018.

As of now, it will be out in few days. I chose the narrator based on how the book should be read by myself, not based on what is cheapest, or who can read a script.

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
The arrival of my copy of UNSCRIPTED crossed paths with an unexpected trip to the hospital...so...I delved into the book with limited interruption and have completed my first pass...now I have begun my second pass with note taking and contemplation of application into my business and personal life...this is a dense work but not in the "academic" sense...there are no wasted segments...the read is helped by a real "let's discuss this over a beer with no BS" delivery...I look forward to buying a copy for my youngest daughter and a nephew that could use some punch mouth red-pilling in his life right now...btw...loved the "Comparative Immunity" passage...I've been guilty of that at times in my life...my dad called it being a "30 Thousand Dollar Millionaire"...thanks for the book MJ.

JSM

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Nov 19, 2016
Would you guys recommend reading TMF or Unscripted first? I personally read TMF first but I know that @MJ DeMarco said that he wrote Unscripted to be a stand alone book. Recommending them to my cousin.

WarWizard

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Sep 22, 2014
Maitland, Australia
Would you guys recommend reading TMF or Unscripted first? I personally read TMF first but I know that @MJ DeMarco said that he wrote Unscripted to be a stand alone book. Recommending them to my cousin.
I've only finished just over 25% of the book so far, and I'd consider Unscripted the prequel to TMF, even though it can stand on its own. So start with unscripted and then progress to TMF.

Sent from my F3216 using Tapatalk

FLIPSIDE4CP

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 21, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
The guy who's reading it did a real good job in mimicking my energy and inflection. I don't think you will be disappointed.
I tried listening to my Echo/Alexa who can read the Kindle version of a book, and it was a no-go, at least for the section I tried. The acronyms do not compute well audibly, and I am an audible learner. The text is fantastic and the visual structure of the writing keeps my attention and sinks in deep, so this may be one of the few times I don't buy the audio version, but I may just buy it to support the project, and see how creative the production team was in their execution!

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I just restarted my Audible membership for the audio version. Bring it!

sumobro

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 26, 2017
San Francisco
@MJ DeMarco

Just wanted to let you know that there's a typo in the book. The typo is "As a write this" and should be "As I".

I'm on the Kindle version loc 6148 (73%).

Cheers!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.