The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Twitter on the Deathwatch

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
it's a shame though i have never used it but they had alot of users at one point. but the social media market is a very risky market indeed though if you look at it most of them have a life span of 3-5 years i am surprised facebook is alive today and i got to give credit to their ceo and his amazing team.
Facebook has kept it simple and added ads in smart ways with a nice clean layout.
Twitter on the other hand has too much sponsored and is all over the place from the original.
Instagram is slowly but surely becoming the same still a good app for the time being though.

Its crazy to think the next Facebook might have already been 'thought up' and some little guy (or girl) is sitting in a dorm, their garage, their basement etc. Working away on it already, Wouldn't mind being one of the first to invest lol if it is the case.

Forodstar

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Nov 2, 2014
I am putting Twitter on deathwatch.

I don't think they'll still be a thing by January 2018.

It will be around, but nobody will care. It will continue it's fade to irrelevance.

The next big platform hasn't been hatched yet, but you will see some new form of social media emerge in 2016.

Twitter is the MySpace of current social media.

Their 15 minutes of fame are over.

Shareholders will keep it alive artificially longer than they should, but it will be a slow bleed to zero.

They never had a superior value proposition to Facebook other than for stalking someone.

Hmmmm I respectfully disagree with the premise of this thread. To play Devil's advocate and because I think Twitter is great.

IMO twitter's advantages.

1. Live response to events
2. Easy connection with strangers unlike FB, linked in ect.
3. hash tag system has become everyday parlance on the internet [HASHTAG]#twitterrocks[/HASHTAG]

Anyway, I think to ignore twitter is foolish depending on your niche. Especially if you are involved in something which has a global reach. You want to build your audience in South Korea, no problem.

I use tweepi to find followers who are interested in my niche. I know what these twitter users like, where there from, ect. I get interaction and fans for free (- 5mins a day add relevant followers).

Look at the end of the day, use whatever social media works for you. Be ready to jump ship and be diversified. I bet there is some people still killing it on Myspace. It is in about 1700 in the most visited websites.

Would I invest Twitter or any other social media? No. Would I objectively test the results of all social media and see which is reaping rewards? Yes... by the way it's twitter.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I agree with Vigilante. I don't see twitter staying as it is.

What can I get from twitter that I can't get from facebook or instagram?

Why do I need to have Facebook + Instagram + Twitter ???

Facebook and Instagram accomplish everything that Twitter can 100000 times better. I signed up to twitter for a whole of 2 minutes. Created an account, logged in, logged out and never used it again. Thought it was painful.

I don't even know why anyone would buy out twitter, other than to grab it's user base as a potential marketing platform. Why should facebook buy them out? Twitters technology sucks. Everyone that owns a Twitter account already owns a Facebook account.... So why would Facebook pay Twitter to buy it's user base and it's crappy software?

If a compnay wanted to get into social media and didn't have a huge presense, then I could see it. MAybe a company like Microsoft, or something. But even then, they don't need to do that to get information on users because 90% of the world uses windows and Microsoft farms the shit out of that lol.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok

Mineralogic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jul 28, 2014
Facebook is a marketer's dream and a profit cow. As long as advertisers can reach specifically targeted groups, I doubt it will crack. Twitter on the other hand... another Silicon Valley pipe dream that sells dollars for nickels.

I think we are seeing a massive bubble in the stock...twitter was at one point as well. CEO of the company is all about liquidating now. I smell microsoft.Their next product is to continue to embed people into a false matrix of reality/ vr.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ilrein

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 1, 2012
I'm not surprised FB has superior products, their track record in open source is world class, especially in front-end.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I never understood what made anyone go on twitter and not facebook.

More people on FB and the only thing that I can think of is the character limit.

Also calling the death in the near future

Stalking/creeping

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.