The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

To Be Free

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
My run this morning felt like something out of an animated picture. The grass was so green, there was a mild cool breeze and the sky was so clear. It always seems to be clear here in AZ though. There is no claustrophobia here!

The rabbits were out in force this morning all over people's lawns. The birds were singing and dancing all through the trees.

I had my dog with me out for an easy 6 mile trot. He was behaving and not trying to chase all the critters.

It was all so pleasant....

I played in a softball tournament this weekend. We did not win but got five games out of it. Two of them were on Sunday. I went for an 8 mile run following the games. It was a bit warm but my dog and I ran out through the mountain preserve.

I was beat when I got home but began preparing to climb on the roof to do some work. My lovely wife said "you have done enough. Why don't you relax and watch some golf". Play, play, play, relax....

Next up... Vegas softball tournament.

I love my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Last edited:

Bigguns50

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 12, 2013
Sedona, AZ
I'm with you guys !

I was raised on an 80 acre farm until I was 12 yrs old and I loved it ! We grew most of our own food. We also had several different animals, chickens, etc. and there was a lot of work to do.
No neighbor kids to play with so I had to be creative and imaginative but it was the best. To this day I love being out doors and it definitely energizes me. My Daughter is the same so that makes it even better.

I live in the City now but go to the biggest parks we have here and cycle. I look forward to moving out of the City and having some space.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Going outside and moving around for even just 20 minutes does wonders for my brain and productivity.

You'll like this one: http://jamesaltucher.quora.com/What-Your-Brain-Looks-Like-After-a-20-Minute-Walk

@ChickenHawk and @COSenior.... I can't remember which one of you ladies talked about what a difference taking a walk makes for your productivity (even though at the time you feel like you are wasting time.) ~ Thought you might be interested in this article.

And now, I think I'll go take a 20 minute walk :)

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
@ChickenHawk and @COSenior.... I can't remember which one of you ladies talked about what a difference taking a walk makes for your productivity (even though at the time you feel like you are wasting time.) ~ Thought you might be interested in this article.

And now, I think I'll go take a 20 minute walk :)

I'd be interested in hearing about other life "hacks" people use for productivity. I was talking to AllenCrawley about bulletproof coffee the other day. Super excited to try that stuff out, I've heard nothing but good things about it.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I was just realizing this morning how lucky I am to have the freedom to spend my time as I see fit. I had to come up with a "problem" for my mastermind group call, and the only one I could come up with is that maybe I'm a little too comfortable and parkinson's law comes into play.

I go on walks, take my kids all over the Western US for sports, garden, knit, read, volunteer... I rarely have to say *no* to someone because I *have* to be somewhere else.

It is awesome...
But then again... I set a goal to edit my book a bit every day, and my Masterminders are to hold me accountable.

What have I done today?

I've searched google for info on other people's projects...
I've called around to see if any stores still have baby chicks in stalk...
I've worked on an art project with my daughter...
I've taken a walk...
I've explored pinterest for ideas on remodeling a bathroom...

Oh geez.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
You are a genuine hero xD

I definately feel closer to that myself. It isn't the money, its the confidence.
Way to go champ!

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
My run this morning felt like something out of an animated picture. The grass was so green, there was a mild cool breeze and the sky was so clear. It always seems to be clear here in AZ though. There is no claustrophobia here!

The rabbits were out in force this morning all over people's lawns. The birds were singing and dancing all through the trees.

I had my dog with me out for an easy 6 mile trot. He was behaving and not trying to chase all the critters.

It was all so pleasant....

I played in a softball tournament this weekend. We did not win but got five games out of it. Two of them were on Sunday. I went for an 8 mile run following the games. It was a bit warm but my dog and I ran out through the mountain preserve.

I was beat when I got home but began preparing to climb on the roof to do some work. My lovely wife said "you have done enough. Why don't you relax and watch some golf". Play, play, play, relax....

Next up... Vegas softball tournament.

I love my life.
Poetry.

Reminds me of this thread:
> Freedom as an entrepreneur (Amusing PM w/Freelancer)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.