Hi fastlaners!
It's time to escape the rat race.
<--- This is me (my avatar).
I'm 23, living in Melbourne Australia, working full time (7am - 4pm, plus commute, Mon-Fri, min wage) in a job that leaves me with roughly $1000 left over after expesnes each month to invest in business opportunities. I budget relentlessly to reduce my expenses as much as possible, so the only way now for me to increase my left over money is by increasing my income.
The last 5 years have seen me take an erratic path after leaving school with no clear destination in mind; studying management, accounting, and then entrepreneurship while also working in various part time and casual jobs in different industries.
About 1 year ago I made the decision to create a long term plan designed to see me into life-long wealth, or as I now call it, the fastlane. The framework for the plan was simple: break down my long term goals into actionable steps that can be executed day by day, while constantly re-evaluating and pivoting the plan as required to overcome inevitable set backs.
1 year ago these were my actionable steps:
- Gain full time employment
- Reduce expenses as much as possible
- Move out with my long term partner
- Position myself to start a cashflow business
1 year later I can happily say I have achieved all of the above and am ready to take the next steps.
3 months ago, with a business fund of roughly $4000, I started my very first business on the side, following a framework I found online that many people claimed to have replicated with success, a domestic cleaning company.
Today, unfortunately, and after a great deal of consideration, I have decided to pull the plug and shut down my first business. I can go into detail about the specifics in another post, but for now I will just say that I learned a huge amount, experienced an incredible amount of personal growth, and will take the lessons learned with me into my next ventures.
Although my first venture didn't work out like I had hoped, my long term plan remains the same. My current goal is to create a new business and grow it to the point where net profit exceeds my income from my full time job. I have roughly $3000 put aside for my next venture, with $1000 more being allocated every month.
At this point in time i am considering entering the realm of ecommerce and will be looking into opportunities in FBA and dropshipping. I am excited to share my journey with everyone here in my upcoming progress threads and I hope I can share some exciting value bombs along the way!
Stay tuned for a write up about my previous venture and the mistakes I made and lessons I learned.
I look forward to engaging with you all in the coming months and years!
@MJ DeMarco
It's time to escape the rat race.
<--- This is me (my avatar).
I'm 23, living in Melbourne Australia, working full time (7am - 4pm, plus commute, Mon-Fri, min wage) in a job that leaves me with roughly $1000 left over after expesnes each month to invest in business opportunities. I budget relentlessly to reduce my expenses as much as possible, so the only way now for me to increase my left over money is by increasing my income.
The last 5 years have seen me take an erratic path after leaving school with no clear destination in mind; studying management, accounting, and then entrepreneurship while also working in various part time and casual jobs in different industries.
About 1 year ago I made the decision to create a long term plan designed to see me into life-long wealth, or as I now call it, the fastlane. The framework for the plan was simple: break down my long term goals into actionable steps that can be executed day by day, while constantly re-evaluating and pivoting the plan as required to overcome inevitable set backs.
1 year ago these were my actionable steps:
- Gain full time employment
- Reduce expenses as much as possible
- Move out with my long term partner
- Position myself to start a cashflow business
1 year later I can happily say I have achieved all of the above and am ready to take the next steps.
3 months ago, with a business fund of roughly $4000, I started my very first business on the side, following a framework I found online that many people claimed to have replicated with success, a domestic cleaning company.
Today, unfortunately, and after a great deal of consideration, I have decided to pull the plug and shut down my first business. I can go into detail about the specifics in another post, but for now I will just say that I learned a huge amount, experienced an incredible amount of personal growth, and will take the lessons learned with me into my next ventures.
Although my first venture didn't work out like I had hoped, my long term plan remains the same. My current goal is to create a new business and grow it to the point where net profit exceeds my income from my full time job. I have roughly $3000 put aside for my next venture, with $1000 more being allocated every month.
At this point in time i am considering entering the realm of ecommerce and will be looking into opportunities in FBA and dropshipping. I am excited to share my journey with everyone here in my upcoming progress threads and I hope I can share some exciting value bombs along the way!
Stay tuned for a write up about my previous venture and the mistakes I made and lessons I learned.
I look forward to engaging with you all in the coming months and years!
@MJ DeMarco
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
