The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thoughts on Duda CMS

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I've never worked on it, and neither has anyone in my usual SEO circle. I'm prepping a proposal for a client, and I'm wondering if anyone on here has used it. What are your impressions of it overall? More specifically, I'm also wondering is it locked down code wise, or more open?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I've never worked on it, and neither has anyone in my usual SEO circle. I'm prepping a proposal for a client, and I'm wondering if anyone on here has used it. What are your impressions of it overall? More specifically, I'm also wondering is it locked down code wise, or more open?
Blimey. I was literally looking at Duda - The Professional Website Builder You Can Call Your Own today. I’ve never used it. I like the idea of a whole whitelabelled control panel in the background, and not using Wordpress.

easy850

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Aug 8, 2021
Reminds me a lot of IM Creator,
I considered it in the past, they have a white label version for $350 a year.

It was great until I realized there's some features that it just cannot do, then I found Wordpress.

I think that Duda would be similar.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Blimey. I was literally looking at Duda - The Professional Website Builder You Can Call Your Own today. I’ve never used it. I like the idea of a whole whitelabelled control panel in the background, and not using Wordpress.

Reminds me a lot of IM Creator,
I considered it in the past, they have a white label version for $350 a year.

It was great until I realized there's some features that it just cannot do, then I found Wordpress.

I think that Duda would be similar.
Yeah, I definitely don't need it to be a wordpress clone. But if I can't access the code base, then I might not be able to speed this site up. And that might be a problem...

I'll let you guys know what happens, assuming I get access to the site...

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
What's the challenge/ask here?

Are you thinking of rebuilding a site with Duda as CMS? or is it just a consideration for a project that needs a CMS?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
What's the challenge/ask here?

Are you thinking of rebuilding a site with Duda as CMS? or is it just a consideration for a project that needs a CMS?
Potential client has a Duda site.

I'm an SEO who has never worked with Duda.

Anything I should be aware of? And do I have access to all the code, or is it more lockdowned like some CMS's?

McAdam

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Jan 11, 2022
Canary Islands
Hmm... I had a quick look.

It seems like more of a locked down page builder (a la wix) than something more extensible (a la Wordpress).

I don't really see many ways to really customize, although there does seem to be a reasonable API and extensions documentation.
Since everything is managed and provided as is - I don't think it would be too easy to really speed it up.

They do have things like built in CDN and static serving - maybe the client hasn't enabled/set them up?

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
I use Duda for my agency, we have over 40 websites designed and hosted on them.

There are pros and cons to every platform

I've used every platform (Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, GoDaddy Builder, WP and all the plugins that come with it, and more) and Duda is by far the one I prefer the most and fits our agency's needs the most

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I use Duda for my agency, we have over 40 websites designed and hosted on them.

There are pros and cons to every platform

I've used every platform (Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, GoDaddy Builder, WP and all the plugins that come with it, and more) and Duda is by far the one I prefer the most and fits our agency's needs the most
I appreciate you responding. I agree with what you're saying, but I guess I was looking for a little bit more detail. Why is Duda better for your agency? What are the cons and the pros of Duda in your expertise?

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
I appreciate you responding. I agree with what you're saying, but I guess I was looking for a little bit more detail. Why is Duda better for your agency? What are the cons and the pros of Duda in your expertise?
Everything in one dashboard, fastest platform out there and performs the best (their blogs and developer docs go into detail about this), super easy for maintenance, fast buildout time for the actual sites, connected data, and the best for SEO IMO, and some more

DrWumbo

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Sep 22, 2016
Everything in one dashboard, fastest platform out there and performs the best (their blogs and developer docs go into detail about this), super easy for maintenance, fast buildout time for the actual sites, connected data, and some more

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.