The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

There's this saying about "luck"

A post of a ranting nature...

SOYEnterprises

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I heard it said that luck is a combination of opportunity and preparation. What is frustrating is when the only preparation you lack is more money than you make in a year. Determination check. Willingness to learn check. Late hours at night to spend days with family check. Money zilch.

Of course trying not to think along the lines of what little I can do compared to the ULL for my day job, but not having the financial leverage to borrow for any opportunities. I'm not talking opportunities that say mkae $1000 in 24 hours. I talking about getting help creating a system that will eventually make me $1000 in 24 hrs.

I guess this rant but at the same time a realization. There's no credit cards I can leverage, no friends or family with my mindset, and with the ULL of my job that likelyhood of such savings will let those opportunities fly by.

Though frustrated every time this happens, I hold on the dream of retiring in 5 years to spend time with my family and do something I love.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Digamma

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
301%
Nov 13, 2014
So what? Build up until you have those things to leverage, and stop whining.
Most of my income, currently, goes to helping my family make ends meet. Forget about leveraging shit. You don't hear me complaining - people are dying like flies in the Mediterranean sea some hundred miles from the table where I eat my meals, every day, no exceptions. I have nothing to complain about. You don't either. Get to work.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
There are other opportunities out there to solve your problems, aside from the ones you listed.

One can either focus on the problem, or the solution. Depending on where your attention goes determines if you'll reach the next level.

zerobrainwash

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Feb 20, 2015
Baltics
At every level people can find what to complain about. Someone in a poor country might be saying, "Oh, if only I had $1000, I could buy the equipment and start a business". Someone in US in Europe might be thinking "If only I had $100,000, opportunities would come my way". Elon Musk, after selling Paypal, could have said "$165m is not enough to start an electric car company & space company, let alone make them successful. Let's think smaller."

Evaluate where you are and make the best of what you got, stop complaining. Complaining is draining, period.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Can't disagree with the responses..

Not having enough resources isn't an excuse to not make it work, it's one of the things most within your power to remedy one way or another.

lacking funds or having funds isn't preparation. Making a plan to grow and utilise your funds or alternatives, is.

You're looking at it too much of a 'if I have a cash injection I can make a plan'. or, 'if I canbe given a grand I can have someone pick me up and fly me to Fiji' as opposed to 'how can I get there from with what I have, how can I use what I have to get me closer' ie. 'I'm making a plan from this point all the way through to where I'm aiming'.

Last edited:

beatgoezon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 31, 2013
Lol, it's like @zerobrainwash just said, for someone in a poor country like me, $1000 was more than enough to get my Fastlane plan on the road. It's been much longer and much more stressful due to not having the capital, but I'm thankful I have something to work on finally.

You have a job??? Bud, honestly I say this with all sincerity, I WISH I had a job where I could save even $50-100 a month when I started... I had to borrow all the money to start, it was like 1/4 of an average households' yearly income. It was either borrow or get a "highly qualified" job that paid $150 a month after 12/day shifts.

I understand your anger bud, having capital to invest and money to risk makes the journey smoother, but what can be done...?

The replies here are spot on. Not having the capital to implement the perfect plan can set you back a few months or even years where you have to put in extra effort. I know that's very frustrating... It could set you back a few months or a year or two.

But NOT getting started from where you are with what you have will most likely set you back a LIFETIME, eventually, you'll give up your dream and that's the end of that...

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
Everyone's got a challenge man. That's your's. Learn how to solve it.

The more options you can create. The more freedom you'll begin to have.

These poor countries have so many problems and so little people who focus on the problems and not the solution. Don't be them.

Find the problems around you and start solving them. Start from the smallest and work your way up. Help anybody, help everybody.

You want to retire in 5years? Do ANYTHING (legal) to get that. Stop wishing!

It's a journey man, not a race.

SOYEnterprises

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
There are other opportunities out there to solve your problems, aside from the ones you listed.

One can either focus on the problem, or the solution. Depending on where your attention goes determines if you'll reach the next level.
I appreciate the constructive criticism. I guess it didn't come across with the words I used that I will always look for opportunities. I am always adding people to my circle for when I do finally figure out my system and start making it work.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I talking about getting help creating a system that will eventually make me $1000 in 24 hrs.

You are SO focused on a system that will make you $1000 in 24 hours - yet you don't talk about the value you will provide that will create $1000/day. Stop focusing on the money and start focusing on the value.

You've had some tough love from the posts in this thread. I agree with them.

What are you willing to do to create more money/time? Move to a cheaper apartment? Cheaper state? Cheaper COUNTRY? What are you willing to give up to get where you want to go?

If you create a business that turns a profit, even a small one, at a small scale, you WILL be able to get money. Money is just your self limiting belief - and that's all it is - a belief.

How many investors have turned you down? 5? 10? 20? 200?

Start focusing on the value you can provide.

And, there is some truth to luck.

Fortune favors the bold.

Whenever I start thinking about taking risks, I remember that simple saying: Fortune favors the bold.

Every single wealthy person I know has taken substantial monetary risks, and each of them has lost a significant sum of money to get where they are today.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
(The now Billionaire) John Paul DeJoria used to live out of his car surviving on $1 meals everyday from a food truck just to afford the capital to get his business going, and this was decades ago when there was no internet. Determination will bring you crazy places as you learn along the way. Having an easily accessible modern market and a job providing you with good capital is no reason to complain. If anything, you should see this as a massive opportunity, and carpe diem like no one else.

As I've Said in another thread (as for your bit on luck):

Luck is simply a term used to describe unaccounted variables. The more variables you account for, the better your 'Luck' gets.

After many failures and mistakes, one finds, and accounts for, many of these variables, eventually leading to success.

Luck is Math that most people don't care to learn about. That's all there is to it.

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
You can tell the size of a person by the size of their problems. Mo' money mo' problems. If you had cash flow, there is then the problem of managing it. Once you figure out how to make money, the real problem is keeping it.

So stop complaining about not having money. Everybody in the world is short on cash, everybody. Constraints are what makes this world tick. I would recommend reading "A Beautiful Constraint".

Here's an example that you could use to turn your situation around. The energy you directed at this post could've been directed towards an e-book. Download GIMP for free, OpenOffice (for free) and write a book and format it (for free). Put it in Amazon (for free) then take revenues. Rinse and repeat.

Or just, come on the forum and complain.

SOYEnterprises

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
You are SO focused on a system that will make you $1000 in 24 hours - yet you don't talk about the value you will provide that will create $1000/day. Stop focusing on the money and start focusing on the value.

What are you willing to do to create more money/time? Move to a cheaper apartment? Cheaper state? Cheaper COUNTRY? What are you willing to give up to get where you want to go?

If you create a business that turns a profit, even a small one, at a small scale, you WILL be able to get money. Money is just your self limiting belief - and that's all it is - a belief.

Fortune favors the bold.

Whenever I start thinking about taking risks, I remember that simple saying: Fortune favors the bold.

Every single wealthy person I know has taken substantial monetary risks, and each of them has lost a significant sum of money to get where they are today.

Thanks for your input. I look at my current state and find very little value I can bring (besides connecting people). I had two valuable ideas but they were cashed in on by companies with better resources than me.

I don't mind tough love as long as I can take something positive away from it.

Thanks for asking those questions. I have a list of things within my moral compass that I am willing to do for money. I do as many of them as possible when my kids are sleep or visiting family. Already contemplating moving the family to Denmark or the Philippines for the financial benefit. I already have a cheap apartment (and am very thankful to have that).

I have business ideas I have proposed to investors. None have made offers (unfortunately there is no one to turn away). I don't mind starting small. I've started small before, those businesses were labor intensive and the cost far outweighed the value.

I am still piecing together how what little value I can bring to help others.

SOYEnterprises

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
May 22, 2015
Sacramento, CA
You can tell the size of a person by the size of their problems. Mo' money mo' problems. If you had cash flow, there is then the problem of managing it. Once you figure out how to make money, the real problem is keeping it.

So stop complaining about not having money. Everybody in the world is short on cash, everybody. Constraints are what makes this world tick. I would recommend reading "A Beautiful Constraint".

Here's an example that you could use to turn your situation around. The energy you directed at this post could've been directed towards an e-book. Download GIMP for free, OpenOffice (for free) and write a book and format it (for free). Put it in Amazon (for free) then take revenues. Rinse and repeat.

Or just, come on the forum and complain.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't morally feel comfortable regurgitating information that has been of no use to me (or someone in my situation) for profit. Although, I do a service that creates book covers for others (unfortunately, also not very profitable thinking of ways to turn that around as well.)

obrian

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Apr 16, 2015

Fortune favors the bold.

that's so true man the more value you create the more money you make because look at bill gates for example most of us are using microsoft and it creates so much value and we all know he is the richest man in the world.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Patience is just the realisation that energy spent in anxiety and frustration is many times more efficient spent fixing what you can't and accepting what you can't.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.