• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO My Life Is a Mess -- And there's no "motivation"

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by r6203, Sep 10, 2018.

1. maverick

maverick Unorthodox Nonconformist Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,832
    Suggest you tone it down a bit.

I'm glad to help anyone with help during their entrepreneurial journey. However, this is a place to talk about entrepreneurship. Nothing else.

2. r6203

r6203 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $851
    So today I made my goal to write 5 more sales letters till 05:00pm for selling websites. I customized every letter and finished all of them by 03:30pm. Now I put them in envelopes and deliver it to the companies.

I also "upsold" my recurrent client an additional feature for $148 (on top of the $510 I mentioned yesterday).
    I "negotiated" that he pays 50% upfront and 50% when everything is finished.

I'll use the first half of the payment to buy more stamps and envelopes in order to send more sales letters.
    18-09-11 15-32-21 4876.jpg 18-09-11 15-33-49 4877.jpg

3. Faithlaine

Faithlaine New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $150
    You are a go-getter. I just read your post. You did in 1 day what some people take months to do. lol

GoGetter24, Dramolion and r6203 like this.
  4. NewManRising

NewManRising Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,097
    I am experiencing something similar. But I am not living with my parents. For the last 9 months housing and work has been unreliable, choppy, and non-consistent. It is really demotivating me. I feel like until I have a secure place and job only then could I focus on fastlane or other skills. It is very hard for me to work under pressure like this due to my past. To keep it show my background is filled with some trauma and moments where I had no security or support. So, I just fall apart when I don't have basic things.

I moved to another state to not only be in a better environment but it was also a better place for potentially building my career (science). For 9 months I have been putting in application after application. Most of the time I never get a call or email. The few times I do, they either say sorry they went ahead with someone else or call me for an interview. I have been to about 2-3 interviews in 9 months. I have even started applying for just any job. Even the crappy labor minimum wage jobs and even they do not call me or hire me. I began to think, " am I doing something wrong?" After examining it I do not think I am. I think I need more skills/experience to get into my career. For the other jobs I don't have the experience at all.

I have tried so much crap to get ahead and feel like my hands are tied behind my back. I applied at a fish hatchery and this morning they said sorry that they could not get the funding to hire me. In a little bit I am going to contact them to ask if I could just volunteer there. I figure I give them free labor and in return I get experience that can help me down the road.

Cannabis is legal in the state I am in. Right now harvest is happening. I got myself a worker's permit and I got a seasonal job starting tomorrow. This job is a bit competitive too. I had to bug a few farms to hire me. Kept calling and showing up at their office. One lady even said, "bugging us paid off for you". It's hard, man. I too get so frustrated even to the point where I want to give up on life. But, I try to think of the future. I try to strive for something more. Even right now it does not seem apparent I hope/believe it will become more clear when things get better. I am trying to just focus on one tiny thing at a time. It is the tiny things you do that add up. I also suggest don't pursue women right now. It will only make matters worse. Get your life in order first. Women can be a huge distraction. Right now I am living at my cousin's house for about 2 weeks. He is cool with it and actually excited I am here. There is no pressure. But, I don't know his kids or wife. And I sometimes feel they are uncomfortable or awkward that I am here. So, sometimes I think about that and it makes me want to get my own space ASAP. I actually need my own space so I can properly have routines, privacy, and so on. As of right now, I don't have this. Anyway, like I say, move your life forward piece by piece. Have more confidence in your skills. I am trying to learn copywriting to earn some side income and just to learn a valuable skill. I am SICK of this sh*t and need to do something to get myself out. My mom, cousin, government, women, no one can save me. And I don't want them to. Good luck.

r6203 likes this.
  5. Fotis

Fotis Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $509
    Good job on getting the gig! Here are +100$ sent your way ;)

I suggest not reading any more copywriting books for the time being and just investing all your energy and time to getting clients. Then, keep getting clients but try to increase the price. As another poster said, you did in a day what others don't do in months.

Hope you're proud of yourself. Get yourself a premium Tinder membership (I did in August and had sex with 5 different girls thanks to the unlimited swipes) and your life will get in order. You'll soon how money and gurlz - they are not everything in life, but to a guy your age they are probably 90%

r6203 likes this.
  6. r6203

r6203 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $851
    Last night, I hopped into my car to deliver my letters to the companies. I didn't want to wait any longer to bring it to the post office the next day because I've wasted so much time in the past. On top of that, I didn't want to purchase any stamps.

Didn't work out so well... the first 3 post boxes I drove to were inside the company buildings... and, of course, the doors were shut (it was 12:30 am).
    I never thought about company buildings having their post boxes inside the buildings... so I got back home.

Today, I really wanted to get the letters out of my way and in the hands of the recipients asap. Unfortunately, my letters were to heavy for the post stamps I found at our house (because of the coin I attached to each one). So I rewrote the letters -- without the coin, put the stamps on I had at my room and threw it into our citie's mailbox.

Now that the letters are on their way, I made the plan to write 40 cold emails till tomorrow. I don't "like" cold emails (because I read the lousy response rate) but there's nothing I can do right now -- so I try it at least.

Fotis and Superkid like this.
  7. Thoelt53

Thoelt53 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,308
    Why not drop the letters off during business hours?

Crush your fears.

Kingmaker and GoGetter24 like this.
  8. GoGetter24

GoGetter24 Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,846
    A few points on the letters:

People don't want to read all of that. I'd expect to be paid to read something that long. Also you're doing web design, yet your letter is just black text on white paper. Talk is cheap, they want proof.

It shouldn't be longer than a page, and it shouldn't be wordy. People's attention spans are now crazy short due to information inundation. It should also have colour graphics (screenshots) of your previous work, with a testimonial from the client. You can tell the links to their sites, so they can confirm. Also ask any of your previous clients what the effect on their business was (e.g. sales went up 10%) so you can include that information.

Keep it simple.
    "This will boost your income / reduce your problems. It will happen easily & without hassle. I've done it before for [people]. Here's proof."

9. MoneyPhantom

MoneyPhantom New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $34
    You rather rewrote the letters instead of just buying stamps or just driving there again during business hours? What is your time worth, buddy? No excuses!

You have learned to live off little money, that's actually good instead of bad if you ask me. It's a good starting point from where you can invest 90-99% of the money you make into your business. You just have to get going. And out of experience I can tell you that it doesn't take long until you get to a point where you can't even stop it anymore without force.

By providing good work, people will get back to you with more and more work and you will find yourself buried in business stuff soon, not worrying about haircuts anymore.

10. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $19,794
    What is your why?

It is obviously not compelling enough.

Write it out. Why do you want to do this? What makes it important to you? Who or what are you doing it for? What is your why?

Kingmaker and MidwestLandlord like this.