The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My Life Is a Mess -- And there's no "motivation"

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
Last night, I hopped into my car to deliver my letters to the companies. I didn't want to wait any longer to bring it to the post office the next day because I've wasted so much time in the past. On top of that, I didn't want to purchase any stamps.

Didn't work out so well... the first 3 post boxes I drove to were inside the company buildings... and, of course, the doors were shut (it was 12:30 am).
I never thought about company buildings having their post boxes inside the buildings... so I got back home.

Today, I really wanted to get the letters out of my way and in the hands of the recipients asap. Unfortunately, my letters were to heavy for the post stamps I found at our house (because of the coin I attached to each one). So I rewrote the letters -- without the coin, put the stamps on I had at my room and threw it into our citie's mailbox.

Now that the letters are on their way, I made the plan to write 40 cold emails till tomorrow. I don't "like" cold emails (because I read the lousy response rate) but there's nothing I can do right now -- so I try it at least.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GoGetter24

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Oct 8, 2017
Various
A few points on the letters:

People don't want to read all of that. I'd expect to be paid to read something that long. Also you're doing web design, yet your letter is just black text on white paper. Talk is cheap, they want proof.

It shouldn't be longer than a page, and it shouldn't be wordy. People's attention spans are now crazy short due to information inundation. It should also have colour graphics (screenshots) of your previous work, with a testimonial from the client. You can tell the links to their sites, so they can confirm. Also ask any of your previous clients what the effect on their business was (e.g. sales went up 10%) so you can include that information.

Keep it simple.
"This will boost your income / reduce your problems. It will happen easily & without hassle. I've done it before for [people]. Here's proof."

MoneyPhantom

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
Germany
Today, I really wanted to get the letters out of my way and in the hands of the recipients asap. Unfortunately, my letters were to heavy for the post stamps I found at our house (because of the coin I attached to each one). So I rewrote the letters -- without the coin, put the stamps on I had at my room and threw it into our citie's mailbox.

You rather rewrote the letters instead of just buying stamps or just driving there again during business hours? What is your time worth, buddy? No excuses!

You have learned to live off little money, that's actually good instead of bad if you ask me. It's a good starting point from where you can invest 90-99% of the money you make into your business. You just have to get going. And out of experience I can tell you that it doesn't take long until you get to a point where you can't even stop it anymore without force.

By providing good work, people will get back to you with more and more work and you will find yourself buried in business stuff soon, not worrying about haircuts anymore.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
What is your why?

It is obviously not compelling enough.

Write it out. Why do you want to do this? What makes it important to you? Who or what are you doing it for? What is your why?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Find @Almantas ’s thread about the cat...

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.