The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Worldwide C0VlD-19 Coronavirus Pandemic Discussion Thread...

D

Deleted70138

Though Georgia today closed all of it's borders for travelers, somehow information can't be found anywhere on the internet (This is a document sent to members of tourism association), which leads me to think, that there must be many other small countries with same or even harsher actions, which they all together create big part of a whole picture.

COVID-eng-16.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
Though Georgia today closed all of it's borders for travelers, somehow information can't be found anywhere on the internet (This is a document sent to members of tourism association), which leads me to think, that there must be many other small countries with same or even harsher actions, which they all together create big part of a whole picture.

View attachment 31176

That's the COUNTRY of Georgia. You had me going for a second there.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Here are my notes from the White House announcement today:

Trump
I want to thank everyone for being here today
Spoke with leaders of G7 nations
Also spoke with the nation’s governors today.

Announcing new guidelines for every American to follow over the next 15 days as we combat the virus. Every one of us has the responsibility – younger people can spread the virus, putting others in harm’s way
White house task force meets every day and keeps people updated with guidelines. It’s all over the world.

Guidelines of the task force, new modeling – we’ve made the decision to toughen the guidelines and blunt the infection now. We’d rather b

Recommend that all Americans:
  • School from home
  • Avoid gathering more than 10 people
  • Avoid unnecessary travel
  • Avoid eating and drinking at bars/restaurants

We will rally together as one nation, defeat the virus, celebration all together

A lot of progress has been made

A vaccine candidate has begun the phase 1 clinical trial.

Racing to develop antiviral therapies and other treatments, promising early results to reduce severity/duration of symptoms

The government is prepared to do whatever it takes. Whatever it takes, we’re doing it.

Dr. Birx

I think you know over the last months e’ve taken very bold action to stop the virus from coming to our shores. We gained time to understand what has worked and what hasn’t worked

Appeal to every single American to stop the spread of virus

Talked before about washing hands.

If you are sick, no matter who you are, please stay home.
If someone is diagnosed, the entire household should quarantine in house to prevent spread.

We know there is spread before you develop symptoms.
A large group is asymptomatic that they spread the virus.
If your children are sick, please keep them home.

Older population: Everyone in the household needs to focus on protecting them

Millennials:
They are the core group that will stop this virus. They are the group that communicates successfully without picking up a phone. Asking all of them to hold gatherings to under ten people, not just in bars & restaurants, but in homes. We really want people to be separated at this time. We don’t have a vaccine or a therapeutic. We only have the amazing ingenuity and compassion of the American people.

Protect each other and ensure that virus doesn’t spread.

Guidelines will only work if Americans take this together to heart and responds as one nation and one people to stop the spread of this virus.

Fauci
In order to be able to contain and curtail, we have a 2-pillar approach:
Travel restrictions and equally if not more important – when you have infection in your own country, which we do (incremental increases globally as well as in the US – so therefore the kinds of things we do are containment and mitigation. What we’re mentioning now, the guidelines, if people in the US take them seriously (because they were based on serious consideration back and forth) – some will look at them and say we’ve gone too far. They were well thought out. When you’re dealing with an emerging infectious disease outbreak, you are always behind where you think you are. It will always seem that the best thing to do to address it looks like an overreaction. This is not an overreaction. It is commensurate with what is going on in reality. They will fail if people don’t adhere to them.

Questions for the president
How long might all of this last?

I ask that question every day. It seems to me that if we do a really good job, we’ll not only hold the death down to a level that’s much lower than the other way (had we not done a good job) but people are talking about July/August. I say where it washes through, but people don’t like that term.

Is this the new normal?

It could be July.

Americans are living with so much anxiety/fear/uncertainty. How are you talking to your own family about this? Do you empathize with this sense of fear?

I think they’re very scared. I think they see we’ve been working very hard. Mayors, governors, FEMA involved, locally, working with people that they know, e.g. California, Washington, they work with them on other things. What you can do and all you can do is professional, totally competent. We have the best people in the world. We’re the greatest experts in the world. Someday this will end. We were all surprised. This came up so suddenly. We made a good decision, closed borders to china, otherwise we would be in a very bad position, much worse than what’s happening now. I’ve spoken with my son. “How bad is this?” It’s bad. But we’re going to hopefully be a best case.

1. Your own test. 2. Containment efforts. Is the administration considering additional containment?
We have that very much. We’ve been pretty aggressive. As far as containment here, we are. We’re coming out with strong suggestions. It’s becoming a little bit automatic. People are self-containing to a large extent. We look forwards to the day when we get back to normal

Are you considering a nationwide lockdown?
AT this point not nationwide but we may look at certain areas/hotspots.

You had your coronavirus test Friday night. The white house said no test was indicated. When did you have your test?
I had no symptoms so the doctors said we don’t see any reason, but on the press conference everybody was going crazy, so I did the test, the doctor I don’t know what time the letter went out, but the results came back in about 24 hours.

How could the doctors have said that the test wasn’t indicated?
I did a test late Friday night and the results came back 24 hours

Nation’s governors: if they need respirators / masks, they should get them on their own?
Get them through a supply chain they may have, if they’re able to get certain things without having to go through the longer process of federal government, we have stockpiles, we’re ordering respirators, ventilators, masks but if they can get them directly, I’ve given them authorization to order directly.

Search capacity for medial facilities: What precaution is being done? China was building hospitals? Are you prepared to use the corps of engineers or FEMA to build additional capacity?

We’re expanding certain areas, taking over buildings that aren’t being used, doing a lot in that regard.

Guidelines say stay home if you’re sick. No one should worry about losing a paycheck if they stay home while they’re sick. But only companies with +500 have to do that?

How many ventilators and ICU beds do we have right now and will it be enough

I can get back to you with that number. We’ve ordered a lot.

Yesterday you said this was under tremendous control. Do you want to revisit that statement?
We are doing a very good job in the confines of what we’re doing. There’s been a tremendous amount of the way they’re working together. They’re working hand in hand

You’re not saying IT’s under control?
I’m talking about what we’re doing is under control, not the virus.

Is the stock market heading to a recession?
I think there’s a lot of pent-up demand. Once this thing goes through, we’re going to see a tremendous surge.

Domestic travel restrictions?
We don’t think we have to. We haven’t made that decision

Doctors and nurses are telling us that they’re terrified of this virus, that they might get it, that they might take it home to their families. What is the administration doing to make sure that they get PPE?

We made good early decisions by keeping certain people out where the infection was very immense. People are talking about South Korea because they’ve been doing a good job on one side, but on the other side, they had it very bad at the beginning with a lot of deaths.
No matter where you look, this is something, it’s an invisible enemy. We are speaking with the people, they are doing a fantastic job. We are working on getting them the equipment they need. For the most part they either have it or they will be getting it. We want the governors & mayors to do it

You told John that you think this could wash through July/August. You told Steve when he asked about a recession, you said, “It may be.” If there is a recession, when do you expect it?
I don’t determine recession. We have an invisible enemy. We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about. Many years ago I read about the 1918. It’s so contagious – record-setting type contagion. The good thing is that young/healthy people do very well. Very bad for older people esp. with problems. My focus is on getting rid of this problem. Once we do that, all that will fall into place.

Rumors of a national curfew. People are saying this is a foreign disinformation campaign. Is that going on?
I don’ts know, I think the media is begin very fair. Maybe foreign games. We haven’t planned to do that at all. It’s a step we could do.

Airlines: What would you like to do / Jeff Bezos: Jeff has been in contact with the White House daily – what has he been asking for?
My people have been dealing with him. It’s nice. We’ve had tremendous support from people. Airlines – we’re going to back the airlines 100% - it’s not their fault. It’s nobody’s fault unless you go to the original source. We’re going to be backstopping the airlines.

25 BN for Passnger carriers / 4BN for cargo?
They were having a record season

Stocks continue to fall
Best thing to do for the stock market is to get through this crisis. Once the crisis we’re going to have a stock market like nobody’s ever seen before.

Fauci: Want to clarify: The trajectory of the outbreak might last till July, but not necessarily these restrictions

Senate republicans – do you want them to change the package?

They may make it even better. They’re working in unison with the house. Only enhance it and make it better and make it fair for everybody. Both will be in a positive fashion

Avoid social gatherings & groups of 10 ppl. vs CDC said 50 ppl. What’s evolved in your thinking over the past 24 hours? Also, what do you see in a stimulus bill?

Birx: We have been working on models day and night around the globe. Some countries in the very early stage. New information coming out from a model. What had the biggest impact in the model was social distancing, small groups, most important thing was if one person in the household became infected, everyone in the household stays quarantined for 14 days. It’s silent. We had another silent epidemic (HIV) and that was solved by the community. If everybody does what we ask for, we will see a dramatic difference, and we won’t have to worry about the ventilators and ICU beds.

Mike Pence
Very productive call with governors. New rollout of testing, drive-through & community based testing. The US public health service as well as fema, we made great progress.

The other issue that was raised was PPE. Regarding testing, these remote testing sites make a priority of 2 groups: (1) People over 65 who have symptoms. We don’t want them to go to hospitals. (2) Other category is health care workers. They have the opportunity to be tested. We’ll be able to do that much more expeditiously. Priority on health care workers. People that are concerned that they may have been exposed.

We’re grateful that the legislation includes liability protection for N95 masks manufactured for industrial purposes/construction – can used to protect health care workers. 3M were not able to sell those to hospitals, negotiated with senate, now we will have 30 million masks per month. Americans can be certain that president and team will put the care of health care workers first.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018
Part 2 (since I exceeded the character limit for a single post)

How many test kits have been sent out and how many people can be tested?

Admiral:
We’re entering a new phase of testing. At first CDC was only available at public health / CDC. We’re now moving into a phase where big commercial labs have availability. As we talked about last week, Roche, and Thermo Fisher test were produced. 1.9 million will be sequentially into the ecosystem this week. 1M tests available. Reagents, everything ready to go. Quest, Lab Corp, and others. A little white box gets shipped, test result is electronically reported. We expect 1 M more coming this next week, and in the future, we expect 2M next week and 5M the week after. Laboratory determined testing, where individual labs can develop their own tests and start using them. So the point is – testing is now entering what we normally do in the health care system where big labs receive these through the normal

How many Americans have actually been tested?
Admiral - There is a number. I don’t have that number. State and lab results are published every day on the CDC website. They get that on a daily basis. What is not being reported right now is these home grown tests in highly-complex labs don’t get reported. We expect 80-85% of tests to flow into CDC.

Trump: A lot of testing has been going on, and I don’t think anybody is able to do what we’ve done and what we will be doing.

Admiral: It’s not replacing testing that’s going on in doctor’s offices or hospitals. This is just another tool> It’s modeled on the FEMA distribution system optimized for testing. We have gear, people being shipped today to 12 states with multiple sites who will augment local capacity.

Trump: This has never been done before. That’s never been done. I think I can speak for the professionals, if you don’t have the symptoms, don’t go out and get the test.

Earlier today Gov Cuomo said that soon hospital capacity would be overwhelmed and implored you to use the Army Corp of Engineers.
We’ve heard that from two places and we are looking into it very strongly

How have you changed your own behavior?
I wash my hands a lot.

What was it like taking the test?
It’s not something I want to do every day. It’s a little bit of – good doctors in the white house. Nothing pleasant about it.

In a tweet you said that Gov Cuomo should be doing more. What specifically?
I think he can do more. It’s an area that’s very hot, New Rochelle is an area that has to be tamped down even more. I think they can look at doing it. But were getting along very well. Relationship with fed gov is very good. But we can – I think it’s very important that governors get along very well and I think that’s happening.

The defense secretary decided to separate and protect the chain of command. Is that something you and the vice president should be doing?
We haven’t but we’re very careful, we’re careful about being together. We have to be very careful & vigilant.

Dr. Birx said the millennials are going to lead us through this and it is time to look out for older people in our home. If we’re millennials with parents in 50s, 60s, 70s, what is “older”?

Birx: There is a difference between physiological age – people with significant heart/kidney/lung disease, immunosuppression etc. Millennials are the key because they’re out and about, likely to be the least symptomatic. We’re protecting the greatest generation and the children of the greatest generation. The millennials need to communicate with each other. Public health people like me don’t always come out with compelling messages. But millennials can speak to one another about how important it is. You can be 40 and have a substantial risk. You can be 30 and have come through Hodgkin’s Lymphoma and be at substantial risk.

The other day you said you were not responsible for the shortfall. Does the buck stop with you ? How would you rate your response on a scale of 1-10?
I’d rate it at 10. It started with shutting down travel. I think the professionals have done a fantastic job. With testing, we took over an obsolete system. We’re doing something that has never been done in this country. We worked with the system we had. Broke down the system. Even now we’re testing tremendous numbers of people.

Admiral: We certainly expect that testing is no longer a barrier. The health care provider has to have full PPE. There’s a nasal swab.

The next person who gets tested, they need to change all the PPE. That’s what we’re trying to fix now. We’re doing technological things, too. We certainly expect from thousands of people per day.

Does the buck stop with you?
Trump - Normally, but when you hear that this has never been done before, when you look at things in 09 or 11, nobody’s ever done. We’re also getting this ready for the future, so if and when, hopefully not, we’re going to be starting out at a much higher plateau. We had a system that was not meant for this. We broke down the system and now we have something that’s very special and ready for future problems.

How close are you to shutting down America’s northern border with Canada? Elections tomorrow – should they be postponed?
Trump - I’ll leave that up to the states. It’s a big thing postponing an election. They’re doing it very carefully. They’re spreading people out at great distances. I think they’ll do it very safely. I think postponing elections is not a very good thing. I think postponing is unnecessary
Northern border: We think about it. We have very strong emergency powers. We are talking about different things.

Vaccine trial today and whether the timetable for a vaccine is accelerated?
Fauci – first trial took place today. I said it would be 2-3 months and if we did that, it would be the fastest we’ve ever gone – this is 65 days, a record. 45 individuals from 18-55. Seattle. 2 injections, one at 0 days, separate doses, 100 mg, the individuals will be followed for one year, both for safety and for whether it actually works. The first injection was today.

Is there guidance for someone who may have felt sick but now feels better?
Fauci - If you are positive for the infection, if you have coronavirus, it is less how you feel than whether or not you are still shedding virus. For people who have been infected, you need 2 negative cultures 24 hours apart.

Stock market?
Trump - The market will take care of itself. It will be very strong once we get rid of the virus.

Pregnant women?
Birx - There’s very little data on pregnant women. Reports from Chinese CDC of 9 women who were documented to be pregnant and have corona –delivered healthy children and they recovered. That is our total sample size. While countries are in the middle of this crisis, we try not to get data daily, try to ask them weekly

What about people like Devin Nunez encouraging people to go to restaurants?
Trump - I haven’t heard that from Devin or anybody

Should they stop saying that? Should they go to restaurants?
Trump - I would disagree with it. We don’t have an order. In certain areas, Oklahoma doesn’t have a tremendous problem.

School districts are closing down but day care centers remain open. Considering that children can be carriers, recommendations about day care centers?

Fauci - In the original guidelines, it was schools not daycare. We should discuss whether that’s equivalent to school. Good question.

Telling people to avoid restaurants and bars is different than saying to shut down. Why was it seen as prudent to take that additional step?
Birx – the data has been coming out on how long the virus lives on hard surfaces. That has been our concern over the last two weeks.

Fauci – In states with evidence community transmission, these locations should be closed.

Are you telling governors in those states to close bars/restaurants/gyms etc.?
Trump - we haven’t gone there

On the elections, if you’ve got the 10-person maximum guideline, can you have rallies?

Trump – hopefully this will pass through and people will be going to restaurants and flying and all these things that we do. We’re taking a tough stance. We may take additional decisions.

On the HHS, is there any reason to believe they were trying to hack into the system to get info? Could it have been Iran? Russia?

CDC guy - Over 24 hours, lot of activity on HHS website – we had no penetration, no degradation of the network, we’ve taken very aggressive action.

Stimulus package?
It’s very important to get out that much of what we’re talking about is for the next 15 days

Mike Pence
As the VP I have not been tested. I’m in regular consultation with the white house physician. I haven’t exposed anyone. My wife and I have no symptoms. We’re taking our temperature every day. Following all guidance. Good place to land. As we expand testing, we want the test to be available for people who have symptoms and are in vulnerable populations, and our health care workers – peace of mind that people are doing their jobs are protected.

Call your doctor, ask whether you should be tested.

I want to emphasize one more point:
Continuously review the data we have to give the best guidance to state leadership and American people to keep people safe. This guidance for the next 15 days is the best opportunity we have to lower the infection rate over the entire course of the coronavirus. Just like he did with travel restrictions, screening, with Europe and (at midnight tonight) with UK and Ireland, we will take decisive steps to lower the spread of the coronavirus. Spread the word to the American people, this is the advice to every American what you can do over 15 days, we are calling on every American to do your part. We’ll find our way forward.

What was the upshot of that and are you going to be able to meet at Camp David? Are you confident in their response?
Very confident, They’re in a rough position and heading to rough territory. Good teleconference Every leader. They are working very hard. They’re very concerned. Just about all of it was devoted to

Still going to hold that summit at Camp David?
I think so. There’s a great camaraderie. Great togetherness.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Same dude from the Joe Rogan podcast...

NBA players, DC staffers, actors; this kind of penetration indicates that the virus is highly contagious and spreading asymptomatically.

In financial news, the VIX is at a record high, higher than the 2008 crisis.

Rivoli

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Jun 4, 2018
Orange County, California
July or August?!

Just let the 0.6% die and end containment honestly. That’s what we do with the flu. This is NOT WORTH the economic cost.

Look at what UK is doing. I think we are WAY over reacting here.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
404%
Apr 16, 2019
July or August?!

Just let the 0.6% die and end containment honestly. That’s what we do with the flu. This is NOT WORTH the economic cost.

We don't quite understand what we're up against. Listen/watch some of what leading pathogen experts have to say on the topic.

I for one am beginning to take this a lot more seriously than I did previously. Did anybody else read @JAJT's post with link to neuroinvasive potential of C0VlD-19? That shit is serious... Essentially, C0VlD-19 is of the same family as SARS and MERS, and those things have done damage beyond the respiratory systems, and it's safe to assume with the many similarities between these that C0VlD-19 poses similar risks.

I'd rather go broke than to potentially live with a F*cked-up respiratory or nervous system for the rest of my life. And that's just what we know so far, who knows what else you can experience in the long term with this virus.

Last edited:

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
July or August?!

We don't quite understand what we're up against. Listen/watch some of what leading pathogen experts have to say on the topic.

I for one am beginning to take this a lot more seriously than I did previously. Did anybody else read @JAJT's post with link to neuroinvaise potential of C0VlD-19? That shit is serious... Essentially, C0VlD-19 is of the same family as SARS and MERS, and those things have done damage beyond the respiratory systems, and it's safe to assume with the many similarities between these that C0VlD-19 poses similar risks.

I'd rather go broke than to potentially live with a F*cked-up respiratory or nervous system for the rest of my life. And that's just what we know so far, who knows what else you can experience in the long term with this virus.
this, plus if we end containment it won't be just .6%. .6% is with the use of ICU beds. If we have millions of people that need ICU beds all at once, and there's only 100,000 ICU beds in the country, well that will suck. And it will also suck for the other people that need ICU beds for 'normal' stuff.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
There's this great book, "One Second After," which offers a fictional, yet realistic, portrayal over how basic systems break down in the event of an emergency. In the book, the event is an EMP. But the lessons are universal. Don't count on the government to save you if things go haywire. If this becomes a pandemic, the whole world will be impacted. Who will ride to your rescue? Who will deliver your food? Who will take care of your kids?

Just got the audiobook after seeing your summary.

zblundell

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Oct 2, 2019
You're right. I started it.

@zblundell I apologize for being a condescending a$$ hat. I was out of line.
It's all good! I am not a mathematician by any means. I know my numbers and data are flawed. I just cannot buy into this virus being much worse than the influenza virus. They are both viruses and both have to somewhat run their course. If it was bacterial then antibiotics might work to combat it. The flu shot mostly protects against only one type of flu, so even if you get a flu shot you are not guaranteed protection against the flu. Hopefully the lab folks can invent something soon to at least limit the severe symptoms to keep those most vulnerable from passing away. Fingers crossed!!

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Richard Wilkins, the tv presenter who interviewed Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks wife) has tested positive, had zero symptoms but thought it would be a good idea to get tested after she was positive. Had no contact with her, not a hand shake, didn’t get coughed on...

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Richard Wilkins, the tv presenter who interviewed Rita Wilson (Tom Hanks wife) has tested positive, had zero symptoms but thought it would be a good idea to get tested after she was positive. Had no contact with her, not a hand shake, didn’t get coughed on...

Told work I'm out, not gowing into work and risking infecting my parents who are high risk, not worried about me getting it but worried about infecting people I love who are in danger. This is going to F*ck everything the economy is F*cked so many businesses are going under.

he said how long do I plan on not coming into work? I told him at least a week.

Originally I bullshitted him and said I was sick but I called him after and told him the truth.... reluctantly.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Told work I'm out, not gowing into work and risking infecting my parents who are high risk, not worried about me getting it but worried about infecting people I love who are in danger. This is going to F*ck everything the economy is F*cked so many businesses are going under.

he said how long do I plan on not coming into work? I told him at least a week.

Originally I bullshitted him and said I was sick but I called him after and told him the truth.... reluctantly.

Use the time off wisely, check @Vigilante image a page back.

Things are grinding to a halt here pretty quick, I already know 2 small business owners who are expecting to close the doors permanently.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Got this message from my therapist:

Hello, this message is for Chris. It is [my therapists name] from [their office] calling because I got your message and we are going to be working from home starting today and providing phone sessions or video chats. I would like to have your email address on file so we can connect better while I'm out of the office. Please send me an email at [her contact info here]. Send me an email and we will figure out a nice way to connect and the medium that works best for you. Okay. Stay safe. Be well. Talk to you later, bye-bye.

Pretty cool. I'm really impressed with the country's response to this. Everyone from different sectors are coming together to work on fixing this thing in so many different ways. It's really cool.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Martin Luther, on the Black Plague:

“You ought to think this way: “Very well, by God’s decree the enemy has sent us poison and deadly offal. Therefore I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely, as stated above. See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

Learning from Church History–Martin Luther on the Deadly Plague

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada

I noticed the same identical pattern basically here in Canada. The only difference being Italy's death's was glaringly way higher. Wikipedia has a pretty impressive day by day world wide count of case's all over the world. Can easily look back and see the pattern's.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
July or August?!

I guess we will see which way was better in hindsight.

But I'm ok with your solution, as long as the 0.6% is from your friends and family. See how f*cked up that sounds. It's ok as long as it doesn't affect you. That's basically what you are saying because you are only worried about your business and your money.

Last edited:

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
I guess we will see which way was better in hindsight.

But I'm ok with your solution, as long as the 0.6% is from your friends and family. See how f*cked up that sounds. It's ok as long as it doesn't affect you. That's basically what you are saying because you are worried about your business and you making money.

Thank you.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Martin Luther, on the Black Plague:

“You ought to think this way: “Very well, by God’s decree the enemy has sent us poison and deadly offal. Therefore I shall ask God mercifully to protect us. Then I shall fumigate, help purify the air, administer medicine, and take it. I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance infect and pollute others, and so cause their death as a result of my negligence. If God should wish to take me, he will surely find me and I have done what he has expected of me and so I am not responsible for either my own death or the death of others. If my neighbor needs me, however, I shall not avoid place or person but will go freely, as stated above. See, this is such a God-fearing faith because it is neither brash nor foolhardy and does not tempt God.”

Learning from Church History–Martin Luther on the Deadly Plague
This is incredible. It's so poetic.

Also - anyone interested in the science of why this virus is so devastating, this video is a good breakdown:

(Note: This video is from January, so the data is very old, but the science of the illness is the same)

It's interesting to see conversations from a month and a half ago – a more innocent time when we thought we were likely protected from things like this.

VentureVoyager

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Aug 19, 2017
Merida, Yucatan, Mexico

"New Research Indicates SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Is Indeed Mutating Into Various Strains That Have Specific Preference Of Attacking Human Host Cells "

:blank:

Damn. I don't know how reliable this website is.
I only hope it isn't.

Last edited:

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany

"New Research Indicates SARS-CoV-2 Coronavirus Is Indeed Mutating Into Various Strains That Have Specific Preference Of Attacking Human Host Cells "

:blank:

Damn. I don't know how reliable this website is.
I only hope it isn't.

Well I don't have any medical knowledge but after reading the abstract of the study mentioned in the article things don't read as bad as in the news article... Virus strain of a mild C0VlD-19 patient in Hangzhou representing a new trend in SARS-CoV-2 evolution related to Furin cleavage site

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
If you’re a parent trying to explain the situation to your bigger kids this could be really helpful.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I don't regard myself as big conspiracist but something about this just doesn't sit right with me.

It just seems odd that there are all of these small countries all over the world with small populations that have maybe one confirmed case. I understand that possibly traveling in and out could cause some of this to occur, but it just makes me wonder if this virus wasn't somehow "planted". It just doesn't seem quite right..

Check out all the countries on Worldometer that only has one case.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 182,442 Cases and 7,158 Deaths from C0VlD-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Well I don't have any medical knowledge but after reading the abstract of the study mentioned in the article things don't read as bad as in the news article... Virus strain of a mild C0VlD-19 patient in Hangzhou representing a new trend in SARS-CoV-2 evolution related to Furin cleavage site

"non peer reviewed" "could".

Dont post this stuff unless its verified source, peer reviewed. Panic comes from misinformation and exaggeration. People need to grasp onto reality so we can find our way out of this.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
July or August?!

You’ve made it abundantly clear that you have absorbed absolutely nothing from this thread and have somehow only further cemented your ignorant opinion. It’s remarkable.

rblitz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Jul 11, 2013
Germany
"non peer reviewed" "could".

Dont post this stuff unless its verified source, peer reviewed. Panic comes from misinformation and exaggeration. People need to grasp onto reality so we can find our way out of this.

Which is exactly what I was trying to accomplish...

But you're right, we should just forget the original article that some posted here from the Thai "news" site.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I don't regard myself as big conspiracist but something about this just doesn't sit right with me.

Had some free time yesterday and went down the rabbit hole, plenty being speculated on in the conspiracy space right now! Interesting times whatever the truth is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.