The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
3 flights, 12 hours of sleep and broken locks on my suitcase (thanks, TSA.gov) later I can say that it was worth every penny.

Thank you to everyone for being so open, friendly and willing to share your wisdom, stories and laughs. I truly enjoyed meeting you all, this event is second to none!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
3 flights, 12 hours of sleep and broken locks on my suitcase (thanks, TSA.gov) later I can say that it was worth every penny.

Thank you to everyone for being so open, friendly and willing to share your wisdom, stories and laughs. I truly enjoyed meeting you all, this event is second to none!

They make travel locks solely so customs/security personnel can open them with a special tool and don't have to break them.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
I hope not.

One exists now, for all current and past attendees.

But please if I may say...

Contributing content (and moving users) to Mark Zuckerburg's platform (FACEBOOK) does NOT help the forum.
It does not help me.
And it does not help spread my message.

In some respects, my biggest competitor is Facebook.

When people want to move off the forum and onto Facebook, I look at it like someone walking into mom-and-pop burger shop and saying, "Hey, why don't we ya'll take our burgers and go over to McDonalds?"

There's a reason why I spend all my time here, and not at Facebook.

Every year at the Summit I get a few dozen people who say to me, "You've changed my life, how can I return the favor!??"

It's very flattering and humbling. And yet my response is always the same. If you want to pay me back, simply:

• Visit the forum.
  • Contribute.
  • Be active.
  • Share your stories, both failures and success.
  • And hopefully, win a big success story that we all can be proud of.
  • And finally, when you become a billionaire, don't forget the forum and the 2 books that helped tweaked your mind... ;)

At the end of the day, Facebook is not a part of this equation.

The Fastlane Summit exists because of the forum, the forum doesn't exist because of the Summit.

Hope that makes sense.

The forum is the main reason I don't use Facebook anymore. As I don't watch any TV or any type of news.

Thank you so much @MJ DeMarco for doing this event WITHOUT doing it for the money. I know this is a perfect complement to the forum.

As an introvert I really struggled to network and appear social/normal. Anyway I think I didn't do it so bad and I DID network. Mostly with other introverts.

Recently I have no friends and certainly no "mentors". But the forum is enough for me. The' Hell with Facebook.

G

Guest06196

If you are not willing to 'go to the ends of the Earth' (literally), then this may not be the summit for you?

@Magneto C came from Australia. Was it worth it, @Magneto C ?
Thanks for rep+ @ZCP (and the free drink of course:smile2:)
Yes it's worth my trouble. But the value of attending the summit varies significantly from person to person. I'm sure those who have contributed to the forum over the years can get a lot more than me. The more you give, the more you receive.

Australia? That really is commendable. (Spent all of Dec in Sydney btw, absolutely fell in love with the place).
Thanks @Five Star
I had a lot of mixed feelings before my journey. Excited about meeting forum members/visiting the US the first time but stressed about the flight. When I arrived at the door of the airplane, my heart sank:eek:
Let me know the next time when you're in town!

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
It's been a few days since I departed Scottsdale and like most... I wanted to gather my thoughts and review the notes I had written down at the Summit.

I had high expectations going into the Summit, as I knew that there would be a tremendous amount of experience and success from the collective group at the event. The Fastlane Summit exceeded my expectations! My only regret is that I did not book a few more days in Scottsdale, prior to the event to spend more time with the attendees.

All the speakers did an excellent job conveying information to the group and I have many takeaways from each of the presentations.

I specifically wanted to thank @million$$$smile and @Get Right for our conversations regarding parenthood and building a business. It has been a challenging phase for me so far with time management, working a full-time job and having a thriving family life. Both of you guys were sincere in our conversations and explained to me from your experiences, the priorities of life. I will forever be thankful for those conversations.

One takeaway from the event, was when @LightHouse stated that "If we aren't playing full out on the forum, then we are likely not playing full out in life."

That may not be a direct quote, but the point was made clear.

From this point forward, I will do my best to be a contributing member of the forum and provide as much value in my posts as I can.

Get Right

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
477%
Jul 16, 2013
Sunny Florida
Wow, what a summit! @MJ DeMarco thank you so much for trusting me to present to the group. I'm not a public speaker and frankly 120 high achievers giving 45 minutes of their life to listen to me was terrifying....until I looked around the room and saw the reassurance of so many friends (new and old).

Absolutely! And we like failure stories too! I was quite impressed by @Get Right 's laundry list of "occurrences" before he hit pay dirt.

Badges of honor, ha!

@Get Right your talk blew me away.

I confess I almost skipped it. The subject matter didnt interest me. Until you started talking. And I realized that your story... is all of our story. The discovery. The attempts, the failures. The win. The CENTS. The home run and the beautiful end game.

While I could only understand part of what you said (due to the drawl) the parts I did understand, I loved. You are an excellent, captivating winner and next year I would like to hang out with you fire side for a while as I have much more to learn from you. I'll bring the whiskey.

Well done, sir. Well played.

Wow, thank you for the nice post @Vigilante ! It would be an honor to have a fireside chat with you next time. I think I will be the one learning though!

And he has a lot of "pop" in his golf swing. (bell ring) "Big hitter, the Lama"... It was nice to have @Get Right come play the course. It is also good to know the inside info on his forum name.

@SteveO - I had one of the best golfing experiences in my life playing your course. The hospitality you showed was truly appreciated. You are an inspiration. I'll work on my driver so I can limit the broken house windows, ha! (picture of SteveO playing his own course!)
20180215_091652.jpg

@Robert R - Thanks for all the pictures! I don't take many and always regret it. You made a lot of people's trip more memorable. Wife approved also :)
@Red - Thanks for everything you do! I can't wait to hear about your new venture(s).
@AllenCrawley - Cream jokes aside, I was truly impressed with your progress and humbled by your introductions. Thank you.

I was going to tag everyone I spoke too but ran out of room, ha! Love YA'LL and I'll shoot you a PM.

Five Star

Dean
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Aug 5, 2014
Northern Ireland
Thanks @Five Star
I had a lot of mixed feelings before my journey. Excited about meeting forum members/visiting the US the first time but stressed about the flight. When I arrived at the door of the airplane, my heart sank:eek:
Let me know the next time when you're in town!

It sounds like it was well worth the trip - hope you get a lot from it going forward! I done UK to Sydney on my own with a 4 yr old and 1 yr old, damn near killed me, lol! I'll certainly look you up if I'm back in Sydney.

I specifically wanted to thank @million$$$smile and @Get Right for our conversations regarding parenthood and building a business. It has been a challenging phase for me so far with time management, working a full-time job and having a thriving family life. Both of you guys were sincere in our conversations and explained to me from your experiences, the priorities of life. I will forever be thankful for those conversations.

Hey @Dunkafelics if you're looking for a thread idea, this ^^^ would be awesome. I'm in the exact same position, would be great to hear what you learnt, and how you cope day-to-day....

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm not a public speaker and frankly 120 high achievers giving 45 minutes of their life to listen to me was terrifying....until I looked around the room and saw the reassurance of so many friends (new and old).

How'd the wife react to the photo of you speaking? Did she claim, "Photoshop!"? ;)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I'm sure I've seen that @GlobalWealth has spoken before at the summit but I would love to hear him in 2019!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

keith4444

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Jan 13, 2018
UK
Awesome thread! Thanks for everyone for sharing with those that couldnt make it.
To think I had never heard of MJ or his books until late last year, Ive now read both (and will obviously re read many times). I will be buying an INSIDERS subscription in the next few days.
Great forum/group of people here.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Hey gang,

I'm getting shit ton of requests for Chicago UPW info -- please email me @ stephen.hilgart@tonyrobbins.com with those requests and I'll handle those.

I mentioned to all attendees I'll be sure to get you at cost but here are the rules:

1. you can't tell people outside of our crew
2. you can't be a douche about it

I'm thinking about asking MJ for permission to do a paid ad on the forum for tickets but if/when I do that -- I'll be doing that to make money so don't expect me to do this again :rofl:

If you did not attend the summit... well... you missed out on more than just a few drinks with friends!

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
Just at the airport now. What a great week. 7 days go by in a hurry.

3 hikes, a week in a house packed with both old and new friends, millions worth of inspiration and advice ... What's not to love?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I mentioned to all attendees I'll be sure to get you at cost but here are the rules:

1. you can't tell people outside of our crew

Well ya just kinda screwed that by posting in a public thread where 2,000 people visit a day. (Not sure the #, but it's a lot.) ;)

scottyg packfan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 10, 2018
North Carolina
Not sure if this has been mentioned or talked about but for those of us who can't attend the summit will there be material made available afterwards? Videos, power points, docs, etc?

Thanks in advance

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Not sure if this has been mentioned or talked about but for those of us who can't attend the summit will there be material made available afterwards? Videos, power points, docs, etc?

Thanks in advance
Can this shit just be deleted at this point? Laziest question ever.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Well ya just kinda screwed that by posting in a public thread where 2,000 people visit a day. (Not sure the #, but it's a lot.) ;)

Attendees only! :rage:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

No material will be made available other than what a presenter might want to make available. Usually that is no one, although I might make my presentation available on the Inside in some format, audio, video, or thread post.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
As I sit back and reminisce a write-up there was just too much to process on the flight back home; I immediately thought of @LightHouse challenge and brain dumped on a thread....

shout out to @ApeRunner for the last minute roomshare; I was on the fence about staying at the resort because of my crazy travel schedule but it worked out; (when there’s a will there will be a way)

First and foremost friday morning nice to meet @amp0193 @Ravens_Shadow before the event started.

It was good to see all the guys that met at a tampa meetup from 2017 January LOL @Ronak @Vigilante @ZCP
That saw my badge and then remembered how mad i was being stuck on I75 for 1.5 hrs lol.. Well we made it to phoenix together!

Of course besides all the presentations really amazing to converse with people that are on their way like @Chitown @inputchip @Dunkafelics @RayAndré
@Envision @LightHouse @James Fend

Next time I will stay for a week. F*ck my schedule i will figure out a way beforehand to make up for it income wise :smuggy::fistbump:

This one will be right up there as one of the top 10 events in my life possibly tied with one of the births of my children.

vth

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
259%
Feb 18, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
I visited during the 'meet and greet' event by invitation from @eliquid on the sunday night and all I can say is that next year I will be there as long as I can get a ticket! Feel super lucky to have this event right here in my backyard and while I can't speak to the summit - everyone I met in those few hours were very welcoming.

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
No material will be made available other than what a presenter might want to make available. Usually that is no one, although I might make my presentation available on the Inside in some format, audio, video, or thread post.

I'd probably get fired if I posted up the info about my employers hiring process. No thanks.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Have found that today with my staff and tonight with my lab students, that I am a HELL of a lot less tolerant of 'f#cking excuses'.

I want to scream 'you have no freaking clue!!! Hard work, advesity, desire, motivation are not in your vocabulary .....'

Then I remember that I am back in the real world now. I must shepherd and leave bread crumbs and crack the door. Hopefully some will find the path and join us.....

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA

Thanks in advance
Let's flip this..... could you post everything that you have been working on to the forum? Links, connections, processes.......

You are asking for a shortcut on a forum of people who don't need a step by step handed to them......

Now apologize to @LightHouse and get to work providing value TO the forum. Sincerely apologize to him.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Let's flip this..... could you post everything that you have been working on to the forum? Links, connections, processes.......

You are asking for a shortcut on a forum of people who don't need a step by step handed to them......

Now apologize to @LightHouse and get to work providing value TO the forum. Sincerely apologize to him.

wuh-PSSSH!

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
I was disappointed that we didn't have a summit last year but I'm not sure I realized how much I missed it until this week.

It's always great to catchup with old friends. It's also great to finally be able to shake hands and meet people in person that I have been talking to for years. Very happy I finally had the chance to meet @amp0193 @JAJT @The Alchemist and many others in person

Very thankful for MJ @Red @Eskil and @AllenCrawley for organizing this event.

Thanks to @AnneC and John for arranging the Airbnb.
Thanks to all the housemates for the friendship and candid conversations @TopChef @TheSilverSpoon @JasonR @GPM @The Alchemist Curtis @Davidla @Milkanic @csalvato

A final thanks to all the new and old friends that made the past week amazing.
You all are awesome and if you ever need my help please reach out!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.