The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Most Important Formula in Business

Anything related to matters of the mind

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
View: https://youtu.be/-QHiYHcWnAQ

(Read more here.)

Transcript

Hi, this is Andy Black

In this video, you will learn about The Search Sales Funnel and the single most important formula in business.

If you’re running a paid search campaign, then you have “searches” at the top of your sales funnel. This is the number of searches performed by people on a search engine.

Your ads receive “impressions” when they are shown in the search results. If your impression share was 50%, then your ads were only shown half the time they could have shown.

When someone “clicks” on your ad, they end up visiting your “website”. With all this talk of clicks and traffic, it’s easy to forget that clicks are actually “visitors”. To be successful with paid search you need to remember that you’re not buying clicks, you’re buying visitors.

If your offer is interesting enough your visitors might convert into “leads”. They could ring you, complete your “Contact Us” form, get a quote, or sign up to your email list.

Or they might skip this step entirely and go straight to the next step, and become a “buyer”.

It’s always good to think of that first purchase as a test. If you pass the test, you stand a chance of converting that one-off buyer into a “customer” … which is just a “repeat buyer”.

If this customer is really satisfied, they might become a “referrer” for you, where they recommend your product or service to other people.

They may even end up becoming a “champion” for your business, where they go out of their way to protect your brand, and promote your business.

So what’s the most important formula in business?

Well, it’s “R + R = Profit” … where R + R is Repeat business, and Referrals

The front end of your sales funnel is where most of your customer acquisition costs are.

Yet most of your revenue can come from a good back-end to your sales funnel,
where you provide such value to your buyers that they make it a custom of buying from you … and refer you to other people.

If the front-end of your sales funnel ran break-even, then any revenue afterwards will be mostly profit.

That’s partly what “R + R = Profit” means.

But the formula stands for more than that.

The real insight is that you can only build a profitable business when you add such value that people come back to buy more from you, and then recommend you to their friends.

The key takeaway for you is that you will never get repeat business or referrals if you’re not adding value.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

pickeringmt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
364%
Apr 24, 2014
ANDY, you have a great voice for this stuff!

It is really starting to look like you are going to be unstoppable!

Iwokeup

Aut viam invenium aut faciam
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
May 23, 2014
The East Coast
Andy, great post. Thank you very much.

ddall

continuous self-improvement
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
402%
Dec 5, 2013
Toronto, ON
Agreed, nice work Andy, your voice is well suited for this type of presentation

~Phil

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 3, 2014
Philly Suburbs
Thanks for more great info Andy. You have the ability to break complex things down into simple terms. This skill will take you far!!!

SmoothFranko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Jul 31, 2015
Australia
Make a show called "Andy's Talks" and you'd have the majority of all active members on these forums watching you. throw so ads on there + ??? = profit?

JustAskBenWhy

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Sep 8, 2015
Lima, OH
Great!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Make a show called "Andy's Talks" and you'd have the majority of all active members on these forums watching you. throw so ads on there + ??? = profit?
Hmmm... Last week someone outside the forum told me to create an "Andy's Corner" on YouTube or something. I've been giving it some thought... I do love writing, and I also love flipcharts and "chalk and talk". I might be able to get more content out that way... I have so many posts/threads in my head that I feel it will pop if I don't get some of it out there.

@SinisterLex has a corner already. (Way to go Lex!)

SlowlaneJay

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Oct 25, 2014
Bogotá, Colombia
Hmmm... Last week someone outside the forum told me to create an "Andy's Corner" on YouTube or something. I've been giving it some thought... I do love writing, and I also love flipcharts and "chalk and talk". I might be able to get more content out that way... I have so many posts/threads in my head that I feel it will pop if I don't get some of it out there.

@SinisterLex has a corner already. (Way to go Lex!)

ohmygodyes

oh-yes.gif

Jago

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Jan 29, 2016
Clear and precise! Great value for such a short vid, Andy. I wish our school teachers were that good.

Surf16

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 6, 2019
California
Thanks for this Andy.

I am just getting started on creating a landing page and found your posts very helpful so far.

freeney

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 20, 2023
I am aspiring to enter the fastlane through the e-com route (late to the party, I know) and have been only getting confused by the explanations of these basic terms been given in isolation. Impressions, landing pages, leads etc etc.

I feel that your (now 9 years old!!) very short explanation managed to, not only explain the terms, but also put everything in context and shedded well needed light on this subject for me.

Thanks a thousand!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.