The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
Ordered my copy earlier today. I'm order #216! It has all ready been shipped out! That's what I call quick! I didn't get the autographed version. By getting the non-signed copy it will give me initiative to meet MJ in the future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Oh, is this because I wouldn't give you a book for FREE? Just to clue everyone else in, this douchebag PM's me wanting my book free and copped a attitude when I wouldn't give him one. Like we all know, his contributions around here are legendary to deserve something free.

This guy is a classic example of what's wrong with the a lot of young people in this country -- they continually want something for nothing. Take a look at this toolbox's posts ... 47 posts of flatulent air. Yea, let me lace up a box here and ship you a copy for free. And if I offered the book for 3 bucks? You'd still complain like a whiny bitch.

For those of you reading the book, we have terminology to classify Gaulkin on page 33 ... you'll recognize it as a Sidewalker.

Get lost troll.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/ge...-handed-him-some-internet-guy.html#post138884
Oh wait-- is Gaulkin really BryanC?

Have we fallen for the same dreck once again?

Trolls . . .

. . . Can't live with 'em . . .

Can't shoot 'em.

Mods?

-Russ H.

I think it was BryanC.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think it was BryanC.

No, I checked the IP range. BryanC at least contributed a modicum of conversation thru lengthy posts that stimulated debate.

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
- this douchebag - this toolbox's posts ... 47 posts of flatulent air - whiny bitch - Get lost troll.

ROFLOL... OMG this made my day I had read this one out loud to the family - MJ you are an awesome role model!!!

Got my book today. And I would have paid double but I am thankful it is available at the price that is. Thanks for your years of hard work. I believe this will be my new high school grad gifts from this point forward. Inspirational. BTW, my signed copy was a personal inscription, not just your typical signature. Classy!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
haha! lovin' this thread. Ok back to work :smxB:

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just got the book.

001.JPG

Will read that like bed time story and morning newspaper with a big cup of coffee!

MJ has cool signature! Thanks for the blessing.

Don't really care about the price of the book. It's an investment.

If I can get $250K after reading the book, it's 10,000% return.

PS. Wondering what will happen if I read the book at Stabucks coffee ... Will people come ask me what that book is about? Hmmm ..

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Actually, Russ said that, but we are both thinking the same thing.

Ahhh my bad, sorry Russ! I had remembered an awesome thread or quote about that but I thought it was MJ who said it! Either way, that is a quote that needs repeating over and over again! :)

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
ROFLOL... OMG this made my day I had read this one out loud to the family - MJ you are an awesome role model!!!

Got my book today. And I would have paid double but I am thankful it is available at the price that is. Thanks for your years of hard work. I believe this will be my new high school grad gifts from this point forward. Inspirational. BTW, my signed copy was a personal inscription, not just your typical signature. Classy!

I felt the same way. I honestly couldnt put a price on the stuff MJ has taught us over the years. Buying the book is just an easy way for any of us who have benefitted from his advice to show our support!!!

I'm eagerly awaiting the mailman's arrival everyday!

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Woohoo! I just got my book today in the mail. I didn't expect it until Monday or even Tuesday. I'm so excited!

Thanks MJ for signing it and putting all the great wisdom you have to offer in a book. I truly appreciation it :)

TC2

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Jun 30, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I just finished reading the book. Although I skip few chapters that talked about slowlane, I read word by word about Fastlane in the last few chapters.

I got the book yesterday and spent 5 hours last night and 5 hours this morning reading the book at Starbucks.

To me, the $5 coffee and 5 hours time on reading the $25 book in Starbucks pay off.

001.JPG

It's time to digest what I have learned and execute it.

I felt that the book is specifically written for me, because I am doing similar thing as MJ did for his company. We both server millions and deal with small businesses.

We both are doing lead generation, but with totally different revenue model and approach.

It's too early to tell what I did wrong, but I can definitely tell what I haven't done right. I got sidetrack by earning small money (not even good money) that slow me down on earning the big money. I miss calculate the return on investment, especially when TIME and FREEDOM are left behind.

Really! Driving on the fastlane isn't easy, but I have clean windshield now.

Anyway, I highly recommend MJ's book to those who can't make up their mind to pick up the book and read.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I received my first copy of the autographed book today - very nicely done MJ!!

After skimming through the book today, I realized that there is no way I can mark this book up or leave it laying around to be up to chance for the moment (such as my kids getting a hold of it and ripping a page or using a crayon in it - ha!). I am dying to dig into it. But for this one, I want to put it up as part of my autographed books collection.

I am placing an order for another that will be the official study book for margin writing, underlining and highlighting!

Damn I didnt even think about that, Im going to have to order another one as well as I tend to make notes and highlight passages I like in books all the time. Id rather do that in one I can lend to my friends and maybe pass along to my twin sister to read after Im done, where I wont have to worry about them destroying my autographed copy.

Edit: Just ordered my 2nd copy a minute ago! :) MJ we are going to have this book on the bestsellers list for ya in no time! :)

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Woot just got it today that was quick! Going to relax and read all day thanks MJ!!

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Eh! I didn't know if you order the signature book, then you get it immediately :(. Ah..I see some have finished reading the book, cool just send it to my address ;) I will PM you lol. Ok, I will wait patiently for my copy then :D. It sounds exciting, and now I can't wait to read my copy and to learn as much as I can.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
First Russ turns out to be a racist against Canadians ;) and now no autographed copies of the book shipped to Canada... guess I'll just have to go and console myself by watching my recording of the Winter Olympics gold medal Hockey game a few times followed with a chaser of staring at a chart of the USD/CAD ;)

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
First Russ turns out to be a racist against Canadians ;) and now no autographed copies of the book shipped to Canada... guess I'll just have to go and console myself by watching my recording of the Winter Olympics gold medal Hockey game a few times followed with a chaser of staring at a chart of the USD/CAD ;)

Man, what are you going to do after exhausting the value of the 2 worthwhile achievements ;) :p

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
First Russ turns out to be a racist against Canadians ;) . . .

Yeah, that's me, over der in da corner, tellin' Newfie jokes . . . (NOT) . . . :smx4:

-Russ H.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Still waiting on mine. Of course I am always getting my mail a bit later than others since I live up in the sticks and my mailman seems to only like to deliver on occasion ha!

Since I live in the sticks can I get my copy at no cost...

Just kiddin' :groove:

Should be here tomorrow. If not MJ is getting an email from me... :smxF:

Davidla

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 30, 2009
Colorado, U.S.A
Just ordered an autographed copy.

It took me a little time to order - because I dont like the marketing here on the forums for it (the VIP list etc), because it felt a little against what I've been liking so much about this forum =)
nonetheless, I'm sure this book will be a great read.

I also bought it as a thank you, for creating this great place, that is a continuing source of valuable knowledge to me.

Thanks MJ.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
followed with a chaser of staring at a chart of the USD/CAD ;)

I've always wondered why our books still say $20.95 USD and $25.95 CAD. That was understandable when the CAD was like 1.3. But now we still charge Canadians more and than make them pay $30 for shipping ay? :)

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I've always wondered why our books still say $20.95 USD and $25.95 CAD. That was understandable when the CAD was like 1.3. But now we still charge Canadians more and than make them pay $30 for shipping ay? :)

The bookstores up here take a lot of flack for that these days, but of course its not really their fault. Guess publishers have to go with the worst case scenario and those jackets are prolly created months in advance.

Also, it's not just the massively overpriced exchange and the shipping, most things coming to Canada get hit with customs and duty charges which can be considerable and unexpected.

Ordering items from US into Canada is still very far from a smooth transaction, even though I do it a lot, I've thought many times that there would be a big business opportunity there to bring price certainty around cross border shopping. The only way I can see it being possible is to import and resell, which isn't very scalable. If someone could somehow streamline or avoid the government and currency exchange issues, they'd have a killer business.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Oh shoot, Can we still order a personalized copy? I've been so busy! TC's picture made me jealous, now i need to get into the "IN" crowd.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Ok nevermind i just ordered it from VP. Whew, glad i didnt miss a deadline!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Were the books shipped u.s. mail? My mail came today and nada. No bookie. Oh well.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Were the books shipped u.s. mail?

If you got the signature version, it comes via USPS Media Mail which can take up to 10 days. Since you are "up there", you might be on the long end of that. If you got the unsigned version, it will come by either UPS, or USPS Priority Mail.

I am only half way through the book but it IS everything I imagined.

Great to hear!

Incidentally, as we get closer to Nov 9th, the optimum ordering scenario might be Amazon, especially for those outside of the United States.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey, I love the new icon: "I've read the book!"

-Russ H.

Russ H