The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Last edited:

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
I received my first copy of the autographed book today - very nicely done MJ!!

After skimming through the book today, I realized that there is no way I can mark this book up or leave it laying around to be up to chance for the moment (such as my kids getting a hold of it and ripping a page or using a crayon in it - ha!). I am dying to dig into it. But for this one, I want to put it up as part of my autographed books collection.

I am placing an order for another that will be the official study book for margin writing, underlining and highlighting!

Just received my backup copy today. Compliments to the fast ordering, processing, and shipping on the books. I ordered the 2nd book on Friday 10/22 with it shipped out on Saturday, with arrival today on Monday to here in KY.

Ready to dig in!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I ordered the 2nd book on Friday 10/22 with it shipped out on Saturday, with arrival today on Monday to here in KY.

You are experiencing customer service that SUCS (ha ha)-- I've been facilitating the order process to accomplish that. Orders going through the fulfillment house are taking longer ... there is a Fastlane lesson therein and I hope you all know what that is!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I love the cover, simple and well done, yet we all know how hard it was to create it!!

Congratulations on achieving another dream MJ :)

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
MJ, You are doing an awesome job! 100% Satisified with the MJ Fulfillment & Processing Center! :)

While I await to read the book to learn these fastlane principals, I take a shot at trying to name it in my own words by stating that "no one will work your business like you work your business" when the pursuit of success is on the line.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
no one will work your business like you work your business

Yup, also ... you own desire for "passivity" or "automation" must take a back seat if your customer is on the line. My personal, selfish desire to work a 4 Hour Work Week must be forgone if I am intent on creating an exponential business. For those of you who read the book, I am in "CHUMA" mode. :smash:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
Received my copy today, looking forward to reading it.
The style of the book looks great and delivery was quicker than expected.
As usual, MJ under-promises and over-delivers.
Thanks man.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Ordering items from US into Canada is still very far from a smooth transaction, even though I do it a lot, I've thought many times that there would be a big business opportunity there to bring price certainty around cross border shopping.

Not scalable at all, but we live close to the Canadian border. My mom has Canadian friends and often receives and stores items for them. They dip down and pick up their items every so often.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
Book review:

I read the book this weekend. I was lucky enough to have read most of this over the last several years before the book was written because I basically devoured everything that was written on forums by guys like MJ when I was trying to learn how to build wealth. I can tell you that it works. In some sense MJ and others served as indirect mentors to me because I knew they were wealthy and I knew that's where I wanted to be. All I had to do was learn from them and implement what I learned. Not very complicated if you are getting the right advice, and just doing it. I'm confident if someone reads this book and implements what MJ teaches, you'll be wealthy. Seems like a crazy statement to make, but it's really that simple. The truth is, most people who buy the book will read it and then not do anything. The 1% who do go and do something will be wealthy. The game is easy. The problem is, most people decide to sit the whole game out, or play their whole life by the wrong rules. This book shows you the right way to play the game if your favorite color is money green like mine.

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I am in Chuma mode too....but I am hitting the sack for the night now. :coffee:

Read the entire book, enjoyed it! Tons of great stuff in this book that you won't find on the forum. Quick read as well.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Got mine yesterday, read Chapters 1 and 2(as well as the covers and intro) so far.

Looking forward to reading more tonight and more importantly finishing it before I leave for AZ in a couple weeks to follow in MJ's foot-steps and pursue my own Fastlane :)

Rick

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Sep 8, 2010
Bonn, Germany
Got my book today. It only took 7 days for overseas shipping to Germany which is great.

And...this was a very productive day, since I am burning to read the book but only allow myself some paragraphs after completing a task.

Well, I have just written a new post on my blog - was a huge effort. Now it's reading time.

Cheers!
Rick

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
I'm glad you never gave up writing this book. I couldn't put it down, most parts had me lmao too. I'm lucky to have joined early but most of the book was new information. The n.e.c.t.s. and consumers compared to a producer point of view made me look at things differently today. Highly recommend this to everyone!!! Loe!!!! Process not events. Time to get out of the slowlane and into chuma mode.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
It only took 7 days for overseas shipping to Germany which is great.

Just got mine, 6 days including a weekend to Australia is pretty damn good!

Can you guys tell me what method of shipping there was? Was it a US Postal Service envelope? A UPS box? Just curious so I know who to use in the future.

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Ordered mine 4 days ago and got it in the mail yesterday!! Great process! That was super fast.

Did have a couple of books ahead of yours to finish but I started reading yours just to see what it was all about...and, well, I can't put it down, haha.

Those others will have to wait! Thanks for never giving up!

sergit

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 30, 2010
is there any way to order an electronic version? $16 for shipping to Canada is a bit too much (just don't like an idea of paying same or more for shipping as for the item)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A PDF version is coming and I agree -- I hate having to charge an arm-and-a-leg for shipping.

imoutthere

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jan 21, 2009
Va
on chapter 37 now.

Wow its a great read. ive been doing a lot of self analyzing while going through chapters. thats why im not done yet.

Great book MJ!

Congrats and thanks!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
On page 77 now. Getting through the "sidewalker" portion was a nice slap in the face that I needed and a lot of the slowlane stuff is what I've been trying to avoid since I graduated college and the biggest reason I couldn't give in to the corporate brainwashing at the 2 corporate jobs I worked ;)

DreamPursuit

Say a little, do a lot
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
May 18, 2010
South Carolina
MJ, you really out did yourself! To call this book great would be an understatement! I love the down to Earth logic and style. It really makes one believe in their self, that they too can scale mountains. I am not even done with the book yet, and I am pumped up to do something big!

PS: Mine came in a white USPS envelope.

...Now back to my READING!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
PS: Mine came in a white USPS envelope.

Wow, the US Postal Service is kicking some a$$. They are 2X as fast as UPS and FED EX, or my fulfillment company is blowing balls. =)

Glad ya'll like the book -- I thought the Slowlane/Sidewalk aspect was critically important to see how wealth can be destroyed either thru time mismangement or financial mismanagement. I also thought it was important to provide logic (via mathematical proof) to see why the Slowlane is just as risky, if not more, than a business.

Thanks y'all for the great comments. I'm having a blast working again!!!

Motivated

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Aug 17, 2010
Can you guys tell me what method of shipping there was? Was it a US Postal Service envelope? A UPS box? Just curious so I know who to use in the future.

Mine came in a big brown ups envelope delivered by a really, really old guy in a delivery van, I should've recommended the book to him!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.