The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
I like how you really hammered down the idea that you can't get rich when you are paid via your time. I think that is a crucial element that some people don't understand.

They try to get a higher rate of pay, but the pay is still only multiplied by 40 by the end of the week. Why not have your rate of pay multiplied by 500 or even 5,000,000? With time you simply can not do this as you have pointed out you are not in control of time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

brouwek

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Apr 15, 2010
I'm more of a lurker on the site- this being my first post is evidence, but I wanted to give thanks.
MJ, Thanks for the inspirational personalized message. Certainly makes the book EXTRA special. Page one starts now!
Thanks again,
Knut.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I was up till 2:30 in the morning reading the book last night, and only went to bed because I knew I was going to DIE trying to wake up for my 6AM alarm...lol. Like everyone said, to say the book is incredible is an understatement. It gives you a wake-up call in so many ways....it is like literally slapping you in the face with each turn of the page saying, "SEE! NOW do you see what youve been doing wrong!".

I am only halfway through it and cannot wait to bang out another hour or so tonight. I would be even further along, but theres so many thought provoking scenarios, I found myself reading certain sections over and over again as I took notes and highlighted sections.

I especially liked the part about the Pharoah's and the pyramids, as that is a PERFECT example of what MJ has been trying to teach us when he says that an Entrepreneurs growth is exponential, whereas slowlane growth operates on a completely linear scale.

As many of us suspected, the book is truly a life-changer if youre willing to 1-take the time to read it, and 2-use it to take the advice given in the book and TAKE ACTION!

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
In true fastlaner style, I got my book ultra quick. MJ WOW'ed me by doing a bit of research before writing a note inside the cover and getting it to me very fast! A testament to his own writing! I just started reading it yesterday, unfortunately i can not read it as fast as some of you all but i will certainly post a review as well. I didn't get a chance to take a cool picture like TC did but i will do that later today and let FB know how WOW'ed I was by customer service

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
and let FB know how WOW'ed I was by customer service

I'm more of a lurker on the site- this being my first post is evidence, but I wanted to give thanks. MJ, Thanks for the inspirational personalized message. Certainly makes the book EXTRA special.

Thx guys, it maybe a while before you get there, but that is Chapter 40, page 278, 279 ... "SUCS" discipleship ... =)

And welcome brouwek to the forum, glad to see ya.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
Just ordered my book... can't wait..

Hey, James! Our company is just starting construction on a Senior Living project down near you (Hendersonville). I'd love to get down there some time. Hear it is gorgeous!

SaraK

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 25, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I received my first copy of the autographed book today - very nicely done MJ!!

After skimming through the book today, I realized that there is no way I can mark this book up or leave it laying around to be up to chance for the moment (such as my kids getting a hold of it and ripping a page or using a crayon in it - ha!). I am dying to dig into it. But for this one, I want to put it up as part of my autographed books collection.

I am placing an order for another that will be the official study book for margin writing, underlining and highlighting!

I thought about that too when I started to read it with highlighter in hand but decided I'd rather mark up the one I know I'm going to keep, which is of course the one signed to me. I'm going to order a couple more for friends.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I know I've been MIA a lot in the last 6-8mos, but this is so much more than what is posted in the forums or your blog!!!

About 1/3 through, just finished the section about the 5 different types of passive activities, the business I will be pursuing will most likely incorporate the human resource variety considering the business is currently 0% passive and can hopefully evolve into an info product which I believe falls under #3 for passive activities :)

CoMp1eX

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 1, 2007
I got my signed copy a few days ago and it's incredible! The book's also a long read in my opinion...

No doubt MJ helped me shave off YEARS of serious mistakes in my plan, because I've already began implementing his knowledge into my business strategy.

I knew a lot of the theories deep down, but all are so uncommon that MJ's confirmation and examples were what was life changing.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Let me tell you....this book makes you analyze your "daily routine" in ways that you couldnt imagine. After an extremely thought provoking night where I again stayed up waaaay too late reading and brainstorming), my 6AM alarm seemed even more annoying to me than usual today. I snapped the following picture at 7AM this morning as I commuted in rush hour traffic down one of the busiest highways in NJ to get to work (the "PARKING LOT" known as Rt.80 eastbound!). And all I could think about (or should I say, REMIND myself of!) with every passing mile marker in completely stop and go traffic was, "I was NOT born to do this for 40 years. Theres a better life out there and Im GOING to get it!!".

This book empowers you. I cant explain it to those of you who havent read it yet, but it is GOING TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

More to come.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Where is my boooook? i am weeping :nonod:

Well I waited how many months? I guess I can wait an extra day or two :smxF:

kingwizard

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Mar 19, 2008
Texas
Wow, its been a while since I last posted here but i glad to say I'm back. I always came back to the forum to see what was new but didn't post or reply to any of the topics. I'm not really sure why that was but now that I finally received MJ's new book, I feel inspired to come back. I've only read through the first 6 chapters but already feel like a whole new world is available to me. I just wanted to say thanks MJ, for writing a great book that will inspire not only me to be better but everybody else who decides to pick up your book. I will post my my official review once i have read the book completely and maybe a second time to make sure I understand everything it has to offer. Thanks again, MJ

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I just ordered 3 more. Looks like I am gonna be sending some good gifts this year.

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
Technique: Deep Diving into the book

View attachment 2092

First before I get onto subject, I must make a few comments on the book. The book is shattering and reshaping patterns in my life as things begin to crystalize in my mind - leaving me challenged to deal with "me". I am on my way to becoming sobered from my Slowlane "drunk driving". The "12 Step Program" to Recovery is translated into the "8 Parts" of this book. The scales have fallen from my eyes - I am faced with reality and my mortality.

Overall, I have been savoring the flavor of this book as I would my favorite meal as I ensure that I stop to ponder about questions, concepts, consequences, and actions. I have turned it into a "study-guide" as opposed to reading just any other book or 8 hour read. It may take me a few more weeks to work through the rest of the book to press out every drop of instruction, guidance, and life changing statement just as you would with the very best grapes in a winepress. Either way, you are left with a sweet or bitter taste (as to how the book speaks to you), but nevertheless, one that will brand and mark you - it is that impressionable.

Speaking from my heart, Thank you MJ for the book so that we all can see we have a second chance at life to make a difference for us and our families/loved ones.

[The Technique]
Through earlier posts, I mentioned that the autographed copy by MJ was too nice to begin marking up, so I purchased a secondary book that I deemed as my "study-guide" for highlighting and any note taking.

After reading through the first 100 (actually 103) pages of the book, I wanted to share a technique that I have been using to pull important concepts and points out of the book. This was a simple technique that I actually employed for studying the Bible earlier this year and later modified (i.e. categories/representation) to other types of books.

Since I have 4 highlighting colors available to me, I mapped each color to a category of my choosing. These colors represent the following:

Cyan/Blue - Attributes/Characteristics to Model
Green - Planning/Action/Reward
Yellow - Key Thoughts/Mind/Ideas/Creation/Vision (yellow doesn't show well on the forum)
Pink - Cautions/Failures/Challenges

Carefully consider the text you are highlighting to pull out the gems and nuggets in the book. When I go back to re-read, it guides my eyes to important areas to recall or for me to share with others (like with my wife). In the end, what will your pages look like?

Note: I selected a page out of the book to illustrate all four colors in use (so the highlighting does appear heavy), while other pages have minimal highlighting. It depends on the words that are jumping out to you. Another consideration is to refine/reduce the categories (& or conditions) and the number of colors you use. Jokingly, it is MJ's fault for putting so much great information in the book! Otherwise, we wouldn't have a need to highlight :)

View attachment 2093

I hope this helps someone to get more out of the book to serve as a future reference that stays before you to operate key concepts in the Roadmaps.

P.S Be careful on the selection of your highlighters so the ink does not bleed through the page.

Thank you...
Steven

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
Stevenmac2 I would like to say thank you again for that wonderful idea, as I too ordered a second copy for the same reason, and have been tabbing and highlighting the hell out of it! I am also very glad that I ordered it as soon as I did, as it was torture having to wait for the second "work" copy to arrive after I started flipping through MJ's autographed one (which arrived first). :)

Its been a great week.

bflbob

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Jul 25, 2007
Endicott, New York, United States
In the end, what will your pages look like?

Not pretty. I'm doing my study on the book at MJ's famous "Toilet U". Sometimes, I can't reach the roll, if you get my drift.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Got mine yesterday. Read 80 pages or so so far...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
GOING TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Awesome to hear, that was my intent.

Where is my boooook? i am weeping

I checked your order as yours is taking longer than normal. Signed copies are sent USPS Media Mail via Phoenix ... Media Mail is the slowest form of US Postal Service delivery. Sorry, Steve about the wait ...

I've only read through the first 6 chapters but already feel like a whole new world is available to me.

Welcome back kingwizard, great to see u again. Glad you liked the book thus far and I look forward to your review.

The book's also a long read in my opinion...

It really is as I am redundant and ramble on in some places ... I noticed that after the book went to print. The book is 119,000 words -- the first, rough draft was 178,000 words -- imagine how FN long that thing would have been!

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
oh that might have been my fault. Did i check off media mail? I can't remember LOL

That's ok. I just ordered 3 more. Maybe they will get here before the signed one. But didn't you just run out of books haha...

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If they are signed, yea, I ran out of books and I should get the shipment today or Monday. If they are unsigned, the order will go through the fulfillment house in Michigan. (much closer to Maine!)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Thanks MJ. As long as I get them before Thanksgiving LOL

I am gonna hand out 3 on that day.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Last night, I read the chapter about how you don't have to come up w/ the best idea ever in the world! I feel kinda embarrassed about the examples you gave such as just making an idea better or doing the same thing, but execute it better. It seems like that would be common sense to implement as business that are based on improvements on other businesses are all over.

I guess I am thinking too hard and just need to relax. I was constantly staying up late at night thinking about the latest and greatest idea. Now, since I just have to implement a business better it seems that a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. :)

Scout

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Apr 24, 2009
NJ
Order Placed!!!

MJ Looking forward to the Book!! (On Order)

Haven’t even gotten the book yet and it's already got me back on track! I’ve been a bit "dormant" from the forum, this was just the kick I needed to be back on!!!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge...

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
MJ Looking forward to the Book!! (On Order)

Haven’t even gotten the book yet and it's already got me back on track! I’ve been a bit "dormant" from the forum, this was just the kick I needed to be back on!!!

Thanks for sharing your knowledge...

Welcome back Ralph. :smxB:

For those that dont know, Ralph aka Scout and I work together for the DoD and are currently working on several projects together. We've been using the last couple lunchbreaks from the office to discuss MJ's book, so Im stoked for him to get his copy so we can start discussing it together. :cheers:

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
For those that dont know, Ralph aka Scout and I work together for the DoD and are currently working on several projects together. We've been using the last couple lunchbreaks from the office to discuss MJ's book, so Im stoked for him to get his copy so we can start discussing it together. :cheers:

That's very cool. :)

-Russ H.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Hey MJ, how many books have sold so far?

And do you have any idea about how many pre-orders amazon has?

-Russ H.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.