The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Millionaire Fastlane ... Book Progress

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ, how many books have sold so far?

That's kind of a personal question that I'd rather not answer because it lays down expectations and my expectations for this have already been surpassed. I'm happier than a pig in shit. I promise, if I reach any kind of startling sales figures worthy of news, I'll let you know.

My expectations for sales I made disturbingly low -- I got an article on this (expectations) coming out and the reasoning ... For me, the big news will not be sales, but how many people of those sales really like the book and think it is a "game changer" for their life. That was my intent in writing it.

This book was another dream of mine.
People actually reading it, and paying to read it, is GRAVY.
People loving it is GRAVY X 2.
People who think it will change their life is GRAVY X 3.

Sales?

I'm not going to think about it because that will only serve to place expectations and a number on success or failure potentially tarnishing the dream ... then the journey, and the dream it represents, becomes work.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
That's kind of a personal question that I'd rather not answer because it lays down expectations and my expectations for this have already been surpassed. I'm happier than a pig in shit. I promise, if I reach any kind of startling sales figures worthy of news, I'll let you know.

My expectations for sales I made disturbingly low -- I got an article on this (expectations) coming out and the reasoning ... For me, the big news will not be sales, but how many people of those sales really like the book and think it is a "game changer" for their life. That was my intent in writing it.

Sales?

I'm not going to think about it because that will only serve to place expectations and a number on success or failure potentially tarnishing the dream ... then the journey, and the dream it represents, becomes work.

Thanks for the reply, MJ.

I had thought to PM you w/this question.

But then I figured others were also curious.

Glad I asked. And very happy your expectations have been exceeded. Love that! :banana:

-Russ H

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Woohooo!!! Got my book about 10 minutes ago.

Thanks MJ for the signed copy. Means a lot. I know what I am doing this weekend. :smxF:

kwerner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Oct 4, 2007
For me, the big news will not be sales, but how many people of those sales really like the book and think it is a "game changer" for their life.

Mission accomplished! :patriot:

Previously I mentioned that I didn't really expect to read much in the book that hadn't already been discussed on the forum, boy was I wrong! Thanks for writing such a great book, MJ.

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
Oh man I just pissed myself laughing...

Page 65... "Unfortunately, wheelchairs don't fit in the trunks of Lamborghinis."

:urock2:

Loving the book MJ. Finished the sidewalk roadmap section. Excellent. I think this may hit home to some people I am giving this book to.

lightning

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Aug 24, 2007
Northern, NJ
I just ordered another signed copy as a surprise for my Girlfriend and another unsigned copy to give as a Christmas present. :)

Just finished the book earlier today and it was everything I'd hoped and expected it would be and more. Ill have to write a longer review sometime this week, but as I said earlier, this book is going to change peoples lives....provided of course that they truly want it to. :)

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
Just FINISHED the book AND my Review. The Millionaire Fastlane Book Review - Part II

MJ, I will totally recommend this book to anyone and everyone interested. I loved it! I was particularly impressed with how you were able to keep true to the imagery (that we all had/expected) of the Fastlane analogy throughout the entire book. Well done!

Life changing? For sure!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ

People read the book and it actually does CHANGE their life is GRAVY x ????

While it's much too early to speak for myself, my hope for this book is not necessarily a best-seller(contrary to what I posted before), but that it is properly utilized, I know from experience that some of the best books out there are currently sitting on shelves at Goodwill stores(i.e. Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Awaken The Giant Within... both of which I picked up for less than $1) b/c they sold millions of copies and maybe only changed the lives of a few, versus MJ's book which could end up selling thousands but helping hundreds :)

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I am almost done and I can easily seeing this as a best-seller. The tone throughout the book reflects truth and honesty although can come across as harsh. In other words I have learned that I have adopted many of the slowlane mentality even though I am attracted mostly to the fastlane. But then it develops a simple strategy based on pure logic and facts through a formula, which immediately brings hope and inspiration to the book.

I will be done with it probably tonight.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hey MJ,

Could you PM me the tracking number for my order? I think my order may be lost. Received e-mail indicating the book was shipped on the 20th. Thanks.

Your book was free so I sent it USPS Media Mail -- the slowest USPS form of transport ... that means it should be in your mailbox soon, if not, the post office might have it. Give it a few more days --- if still nothing, let me know and I'll send another. It was sent to "Makamua Street"

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
I got my 3 copies via Fed Ex this afternoon. One of the books got a bit crinkled but heck I'll give my sister that one haha.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One of the books got a bit crinkled but heck I'll give my sister that one haha.

That's the fulfillment house, can you tell me what kind of packaging they sent it in? Box? Envelope?

Rem

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Sep 14, 2009
Maine
It was a big brown bag/envelope. The book isn't that bad. I can put it between some heavy books until Thanksgiving. Should iron it out prior to gift giving :)

stevenmac2

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Aug 28, 2007
US
If I have any other questions directly related to the book, should I post those questions in this thread or is there consideration to open a new thread to faciliate "Reader Questions from the Fastlane Book?" I just finished reading Chapter 18 and have a question or two from what I read.

Thanks.

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
^hmm yea, that might be a good idea. I don't know if it would be okay if we tell everything that's in the book though even though I would assume the majority of the people here have bought it or will buy it :/

Good idea no the less :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just start a new thread.

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Book just came in today... going to start reading it as soon as I get done with this heavy hitters magazine..

A76

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Sep 19, 2010
Estonia
I've received it in envelope. Signed copy in 12 days to Estonia, fast enough. Thanks for sign MJ, very inspiring! :)

Qjet50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Jul 26, 2007
Pearl City, HI
Your book was free so I sent it USPS Media Mail -- the slowest USPS form of transport ... that means it should be in your mailbox soon, if not, the post office might have it. Give it a few more days --- if still nothing, let me know and I'll send another. It was sent to "Makamua Street"

Thanks MJ, I had assumed it was send UPS ground. Media mail can take 2-3 weeks from central US, so it is not late yet.

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Just purchased my copy to get my discount. Basically the discount paid for the shipping so that was cool. I think there is a few more days until it expires so if you havent got it get it with your code for free shipping.

I got the un signed version because It will help force me to meet MJ personally and sign it. Thanks again MJ.

Got in trouble working for "the man" while trying to run my fast lane plan so I modified it a little for now to keep "the man" happy Until I can hang some Mistletoe over my butt and tell Him where to kiss.

Got another income stream me and my fiance are working on too. Not exactly fastlane but entrepneural nonetheless. It will be a great learning experience.

CMCarlin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 30, 2008
Just ordered it today. Based on the responses here, I'm sure I will really enjoy reading this!

^eagle^

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Mar 17, 2008
Florida
Hey MJ, Any plans on putting this in a readers digest CD format? My fiance is Fillipino and speaks four languages but doesn't really comprehend things when she reads. I think a CD would be just the thing to get her attention.

Also a lot of peple are stuck in the rat race driving there cars on congested highways and they could also pop your CD in while stuck in traffic or doing housework.

Maybe get leonard Nimoy or George bernard shaw to narrate it. Morgan Freeman Maybe.

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Just finished reading the introduction. MJ, in your introduction 'Your reality doesn't change mine', did you say you go to the gym or was that a metaphor? Just curious, because I was thinking if you had your own gym or you go to a public gym? I can imagine with that much wealth, you can build a mean gym and a dojo beneath your mansion; music, disco lights, mirrors, equipments, etc, and all to yourself without waiting in line like the public gym if there are too many Arnold Schwarzenegger. Heaven..I'm dreaming right now about my homemade gym, even without the funds lol.

I think I'll wait until I finish reading the book first and then give you my feedback. So far good 10/10 ;D

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just curious, because I was thinking if you had your own gym or you go to a public gym? I can imagine with that much wealth, you can build a mean gym and a dojo beneath your mansion; music, disco lights, mirrors, equipments, etc, and all to yourself without waiting in line like the public gym if there are too many Arnold Schwarzenegger.

No I go to the public gym and it is huge (no waiting); I can't workout at home -- too boring. The gym is more like a social outlet for me since I don't have co-workers, or employees.

life-time-fitness-chanhassen.jpg

http://clubs.lifetimefitness.com/Tempe/11206/

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.