The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Forum's Thoughts on Veganism?

What diet to you consume?

• Omnivore (everything)

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Pescetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegan

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Fruitarian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

marklov

It is a Tiger That Devours Me but I am The Tiger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 30, 2014
meat fact: everyday you eat meat = 4.3 days off your life expectancy
meat fact: when you put 1.25oz (or over) of BBQ sauce on pork and/or chicken (beef is fine) you loose 7 days per piece eaten

/thread

I hunt wild boar

The baby ones away from the mothers make my mouth water
they are like eating a brick of crispy butter no sauce needed:).

Damn good eating with a good dark beer.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dwight Schrute

Ludicrous Speed
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Oct 27, 2014
where eagles dare
This thread...the responses...I'm in tears!

@PureA That Mister Universe looks like he's been snacking on the steroid sauce, which is probably cool for him since they are made synthetically and not extracted from bull testicles.

So...
Would 3d-printed meat be okay for you?
No killing, no damage to the environment.

Anyway, rep+ for you for not going into total butthurt-mode like most vegans would've done in your situation.
(And get some bloody meat you malnourished hipster :))

Last edited:

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
That thread actually is a funny read while sipping my morning coffee.

Like I already wrote on the first page, MJ's post was the only needed post that should have made the OP stop talking about how awesome veganism is. You can provide a statistic or article for almost any opinion out there. If I google 'veganism bad for health?' I probably get a shit load of articles about how bad it is for your health, so those posted links don't convey anyone of anything.

Just eat what you want to eat but please stop telling everybody how awesome your way of eating is.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
I don't eat much meat. I do enjoy it, though. Hamburgers, steak, chicken... I F*cking love it.

Everything in moderation (as in, minimize it while still enjoying life). I rarely drink, but I enjoy it. I rarely play video games, but I enjoy them. Cigars, same thing. I know meat is bad for me, I've read the research (and yes, the effect is significant and is not limited to cancer: it's linked with total mortality as well).

White meat and fish has not been found to have these effects unless it is processed. S

I'm big on dairy (mainly cream cheese, yogurt and paneer, really) and tofu as protein sources. Beans and chickpeas, too.

To be honest, I feel better and less sluggish on a vegetable-milk-legume diet. Placebo? Probably.

Most of my meals are vegetarian, some vegan. But I don't try to make non-vegetarian meals vegetarian, I find that to be a bit silly. Maybe when lab meat comes out I wont find it as silly.

I don't really care about animals. Sorry PETA. I do care about the environment, though, and by cutting livestock production we can actually lower the temperature of the Earth within reasonable guidelines (it's cuz of cow farts). I also care about the economics of it, and if we didn't have to give our F*cking food MORE FOOD, we can give us more food, cutting down prices of staple grains commonly fed to cows.

Posts like these are why y'all make fun of me for being a liberal sheep. Lmao. Also I try to be serious and you guys are just being... yourselves I guess.

EDIT: I missed the question.

Veganism isn't, and never will be, for me.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
If I go vegan can I still eat ice cream? That might be a deal killer. None of that tofu shit.

Is there a steak exemption I can apply for? F*ck steak sauce though because I heard that can kill you.

A popular vegan treat is coconut ice cream. It's actually pretty good and friends that are omnivores actually opt for instead of the usual stuff!

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I don't eat much meat. I do enjoy it, though. Hamburgers, steak, chicken... I F*cking love it.

Everything in moderation (as in, minimize it while still enjoying life). I rarely drink, but I enjoy it. I rarely play video games, but I enjoy them. Cigars, same thing. I know meat is bad for me, I've read the research (and yes, the effect is significant and is not limited to cancer: it's linked with total mortality as well).

White meat and fish has not been found to have these effects unless it is processed. S

I'm big on dairy (mainly cream cheese, yogurt and paneer, really) and tofu as protein sources. Beans and chickpeas, too.

To be honest, I feel better and less sluggish on a vegetable-milk-legume diet. Placebo? Probably.

Most of my meals are vegetarian, some vegan. But I don't try to make non-vegetarian meals vegetarian, I find that to be a bit silly. Maybe when lab meat comes out I wont find it as silly.

I don't really care about animals. Sorry PETA. I do care about the environment, though, and by cutting livestock production we can actually lower the temperature of the Earth within reasonable guidelines (it's cuz of cow farts). I also care about the economics of it, and if we didn't have to give our F*cking food MORE FOOD, we can give us more food, cutting down prices of staple grains commonly fed to cows.

Posts like these are why y'all make fun of me for being a liberal sheep. Lmao. Also I try to be serious and you guys are just being... yourselves I guess.

EDIT: I missed the question.

Veganism isn't, and never will be, for me.

Thank you for your response, it is clear that you are well informed and have made your decision, totally respect that.

Bouncing Soul

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
May 13, 2014
If I find something that in my opinion works (on a number of levels), I like to share it with people I care about, maybe it could change someone's life for the better, that is all.

You've been a vegetarian for two months. You've read, and proselytized, some propaganda on it. Sorry, but you don't know shit until you've done it for years.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
quiet day?

People have been killing animals for food for centuries. In fact, the consumption of meat is credited as a major reason why the human brain developed the way it did. This comic is less about eating meat and more about the way domestic livestock is treated.

Veganism is another religion. For the individual and the community, it's good. When you start trying to force or persuade other people into your beliefs, it falls short.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thread is turning out exactly as I expected. Ms Cleo of the psychic network would be envious.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
You're discounting thousands of years of human evolution in favor of 10 years of profit fueled diet marketing. Once thing that made me realize how stupid this whole conversation is was when you used Tai Lopez as your reference for meat facts.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY

"Your black!" said the pot to the kettle.

The only time I've ever encountered a situation in which veganism was appropriate was when I was at a Zen Buddhist retreat, who embraced it from a philosophical viewpoint. The roshi, while he did explain the reasoning also stressed it was a personal choice that had to be made, and would not forced on adherents.

Thread is turning out exactly as I expected. Ms Cleo of the psychic network would be envious.

Nah, it's pretty obvious when 2 trains are racing towards each what's going to happen.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

IGP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 24, 2015
Since we are throwing stones, you know the entire thread is a joke when the only "factual" answer to the question is not even listed in the poll.

Since the inception of the homo genus species 2.5 million years ago, we have been faunivores, which is simply to say an animal that eats other animals.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
You asked for...
"The Forum's Thoughts on Veganism"

I think you have a large enough sample.

Absolutely! To tell the truth according to the poll (albeit from a small sample) we have 15% veggy amongst us so thats approx 3x the US national average and 7.5x in the UK - so it hasn't been a complete disappointment...

On the whole I've enjoyed the thread, despite having to restrain myself from replying in true vegan-ey way to some user's comments (although I know this works both ways for you guys).

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011

MJ, Ms Cleo would be envious if you predict the NY Jets to win a Super Bowl....predicting the outcome of this thread is like throwing a dart at the broad side of a barn - you can't miss.

Anyhow - I feel this thread is getting off topic, so let's stir up some propaganda and emotions like I did in the Tai Lopez thread the other month :D :D :D

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 5.12.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 5.20.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-01-15 at 5.21.19 PM.png

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Do you think she gives a shit about a study? (In reference to @Kelly C ) You could show her 20 more saying the same thing. Bottomline, she tried it VEGANISM and she hated it. Hated how her body felt. Hated how her skin turned. Hated this, hated that. My experience, the same.

Oh, but wait!!! Here's a study that will invalidate your entire experience -- accept feeling like a lethargic leathery turd for the rest of your life because this study says it's good for you!

Your demonstrating exactly why people in this thread have expressed they don't like Vegans.

For the curious, learn the facts (from unbiased sources -- the Dairy or Meat council isn't a good source, nor is some Vegan consortium), and try it yourself. Your experience is the only thing that matters...
"The man with experience is never at the mercy of the man with an argument."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.