The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Forum's Thoughts on Veganism?

What diet to you consume?

• Omnivore (everything)

Votes: 74 86.0%
  • Vegetarian

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Pescetarian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vegan

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Fruitarian

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Thank you!

Someone said it finally.

Our hunter instincts are regressing more and more.

Humans kill animals to eat them and it will always be like that.

(Shocker I know)

Saying we should do something because we’ve always done something that way is kind of ignorant. If that logic were sound the human race would never evolve.

Is killing another living being for food inherently bad?

Animals in the wild do it. In some spiritual practices, they say that our soul lives many lives and we choose what happens to us between lives. If earth is just an illusion of the bigger reality, is it really that bad? (will this thread get closed for religion?)

B12 deficiency SUCKS! I warn you to keep an eye on nutrient intake.

I’m not against eating meat.

If we could eat meat sustainably I would be for it. I just take issue at the way we are sacrificing the world, our health (pumping dense animal population with antibiotics etc), and putting billions of ‘beings’ through mental and physical torture just for the fact ‘it tastes nice’. It’s the huge, unnecessary demand that is the problem.

It is my opinion that we humans are advanced creatures (relative, of course) and whilst at one point it was a no brainer to eat meat, we have evolved to a point where it is incredibly easy to fulfil your dietary needs without meat and actually be better for it too.

I hear you on the B12, I supplement with B12 & D3.

I work out too much to go vegan. It's not about the meat, as much as it is the protein. I couldn't live without meat, nor would I want to, but since I am a weightlifter, I need to consume a lot of meat.

I get in my protein just fine. It’s easier than you would think.

Another example…

Mr universe is vegan, and their are plenty more examples too.

2492.jpg

For the record my training has gotten a lot better since making the switch. Recovery improvements of around an estimated 15%.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
c0052ttzrdc6xt08o028fh1zj.1000x666x1.jpg

Thank you all for your comments. I hope I spiked some curiosity in at least one person. If you at all interested, watch conspiracy - it could well change your life.

Il try again next year :(. Still love you guys.........

a bit. :D

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Just curious as to the need to make this post. Your found something you like and works for you and then post about it and use language that is meant to scare or guilt people. Sounds a lot like someone who have just found a religion or joined crossfit.

And yes it is annoying. I can't date vegans or hang out with them. Do what you want but don't tell me about it. I don't want to hear your shit when I'm about to order my food.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Just curious as to the need to make this post. Your found something you like and works for you and then post about it and use language that is meant to scare or guilt people. Sounds a lot like someone who have just found a religion or joined crossfit.

And yes it is annoying. I can't date vegans or hang out with them. Do what you want but don't tell me about it. I don't want to hear your shit when I'm about to order my food.

If I find something that in my opinion works (on a number of levels), I like to share it with people I care about, maybe it could change someone's life for the better, that is all.

Last edited:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
If I find something that in my opinion works (on a number of levels), I like to share it with people I care about, maybe it could change someone's life for the better, that is all.

I don't mind the sharing at all. But your posts were skewed towards convincing someone to become vegan vs an honest poll.

It's like saying I love dogs, let's make a poll and see who here like dogs, cats and rabbits. Btw cats suck, dogs are great, here are a bunch of statistics why. Anyway what do you like?

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
I don't mind the sharing at all. But your posts were skewed towards convincing someone to become vegan vs an honest poll.

It's like saying I love dogs, let's make a poll and see who here like dogs, cats and rabbits. Btw cats suck, dogs are great, here are a bunch of statistics why. Anyway what do you like?

For the record, I'm a dog guy. :D

I apologise for the tone in which my posts come across, I wasn't consciously being bias but of course this is an inevitability. Especially with the underlying purpose of the thread, which was to perhaps spark some reconsideration for our food choices.

I know the whole vegan things comes off a bit 'preachy'. It can very much be likened to when someone is certain their religion is the right one and EVERYONE SHOULD FOLLOW. I guess it's the state of mind people enter when 'they must be right, everyone else is wrong, I need to slam this down there throats now.'

You won't find me randomly preaching to people, but if they ask, sure. The forum was just a one off. As mentioned before I thought the audience here may be more receptive.

I always say the whole religion thing (and of course a lot of things) Is like everyone trying to convince everyone that the language that they speak is the correct language to speak.

For the record I don't necessarily 'get along' (to put it politely) with a large majority of vegans. Almost exclusively for the fact of the whole 'I'm better than you, and this is why' stance. I can fully accept that what works for one, may not work for another, in all areas of life. Just sharing something that works for me and my views, and may or may not work for others.

Anyway... on to more important things. I smell OPPORTUNITY.

2j2jq1d.png

(search term: vegan)

redline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Feb 28, 2015
Germany
Interesting opinions here...

I avoid eating dairy products and eggs. Fish and meat just 1-2 times per week and then as organic as possible.

So all in all my diet is 95% plant-based. Getting your proteins isn't that difficult, even without plant-based protein shakes. My breakfast already contains about 40g of protein, without the shake. The sad thing about going vegan is, that many people just see cows and chickens suffering in their cages in a documentary and turn vegan from one day to another without knowing what they are doing. After they go to all their friends and relatives and tell them how bad they are. Never forget to supplement B12, D3, iod, zinc,iron and maybe even creatine.

Live and let live.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Saying we should do something because we’ve always done something that way is kind of ignorant. If that logic were sound the human race would never evolve.
I completely agree that you shouldn't do something a certain way because that's how it's always been done. 100%. To be fair, he said that's the way it will be - not should be. Humans always evolve - no matter what. Sometimes for the good and sometimes for the bad. He's basically saying that we're evolving in a bad way (in terms of health) and I completely agree with that.

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I was definately overeating meat before. I went about a montg without red meat. Now I tend to feel like I've been hit by a truck the next morning if I have a large steak at dinner. Noticeable after abstaining for awhile. So I tend to stick to lean chicken breast a couple times a week.

I remember reading once that our blood types evolved when a new diet came along over the years, and this can affect how you react to certain foods.

My best mate is a doc, and reckons not eating meat is "F*cking whack" hahaha. But, just go with what makes you physically feel the best I suppose. I am starting to think I may have a bit of a problem with wheat, dammit...

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Three words.

Fogo
De
Chao

Once you go Brazillian you will never go back to plants. Or other non-Brazillian things.

ChrisJTurner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Mar 13, 2015
UK
I eat the stuff that we have evolved eating.
millions of years of evolution proves that we must be doing something right.

Sure, many people live happily on vegan diets and whether they are doing it wrong, who am I to say.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Vegans are just wrong.

Nicely constructed argument.

Choosing to eat a diet that is better for your health, the sustainability of the planet, and decreases the needless suffering of animals = wrong?

Why so black & white, meat eating isn't necessarily 'wrong' just the way the industry is infinitely larger than it can sustainably be.

Delmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Aug 21, 2015
Rochester, NY
One more time, how do you know someone is a vegan? Don't worry, he'll tell you.

The only advice I follow is, "Eat food. Not too much, mostly plants." People new to veganism, vegetarian, paleo, keto, all fail to recognize a simple fact. The reason those plans work is because you're paying attention to what you're eating, as opposed to just eating whatever is put in front of you.

Kelly C

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 20, 2014
UK
Nicely constructed argument.

Choosing to eat a diet that is better for your health, the sustainability of the planet, and decreases the needless suffering of animals = wrong?

Why so black & white, meat eating isn't necessarily 'wrong' just the way the industry is infinitely larger than it can sustainably be.

Quite a few people in this thread have pointed out that it wasn't better for their health.

And please don't reply with "we were doing it wrong".

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
In the first world we generally eat too much meat and fat. The vegan "argument" is deeply rooted in fallacy but whatever if they wonna do it good for them just shut up about it.

No one cares or wants to hear about your veganism, religion/atheism, crossfit, prius owners etc. No one cares.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
Quite a few people in this thread have pointed out that it wasn't better for their health.

And please don't reply with "we were doing it wrong".

Check out this study: http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1134845

Conclusions: Red meat consumption is associated with an increased risk of total, CVD, and cancer mortality. Substitution of other healthy protein sources for red meat is associated with a lower mortality risk.

Meat is a major source of protein and fat in most diets. Substantial evidence from epidemiological studies shows that consumption of meat, particularly red meat, is associated with increased risks of diabetes,1 cardiovascular disease (CVD),2 and certain cancers.3 Several studies also suggest an elevated risk of mortality associated with red meat intake.

PureA

Winners never quit
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
348%
Dec 24, 2013
Bali
In the first world we generally eat too much meat and fat. The vegan "argument" is deeply rooted in fallacy but whatever if they wonna do it good for them just shut up about it.

No one cares or wants to hear about your veganism, religion/atheism, crossfit, prius owners etc. No one cares.

thanks for popping by

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Check out this study

Do you think she gives a shit about a study? (In reference to @Kelly C ) You could show her 20 more saying the same thing. Bottomline, she tried it VEGANISM and she hated it. Hated how her body felt. Hated how her skin turned. Hated this, hated that. My experience, the same.

Oh, but wait!!! Here's a study that will invalidate your entire experience -- accept feeling like a lethargic leathery turd for the rest of your life because this study says it's good for you!

Your demonstrating exactly why people in this thread have expressed they don't like Vegans.

For the curious, learn the facts (from unbiased sources -- the Dairy or Meat council isn't a good source, nor is some Vegan consortium), and try it yourself. Your experience is the only thing that matters...

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
For the curious, learn the facts (from unbiased sources -- the Dairy or Meat council isn't a good source, nor is some Vegan consortium), and try it yourself. Your experience is the only thing that matters...

I think the general argument agains that is that Vegans put off the great feelings today because of some future, delayed gratification for longevity.

Feel like crap your whole life, but for a longer period of time...?

Fortunately, there are "studies" that "prove" every diet is the "healthiest" (whether that's Paleo, Vegetarianism, Low Carb, Low Fat, Keto) because you can massage data in so many ways. ¡Yay!

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Fortunately, there are "studies" that "prove" every diet is the "healthiest" (whether that's Paleo, Vegetarianism, Low Carb, Low Fat, Keto) because you can massage data in so many ways. ¡Yay!
Cannibalism? High in B-12 and protein!

drifter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 10, 2016
Canada
I was vegan for a about six months, but, but it became tedious to go out with my family to eat (tired of just eating salad at non vegan option carrying restaurants) and I found it wasn't for -me- as a lifestyle.

I went back to eating vegetarian (limited dairy products & fish) and I feel this is best for -me-.

I never tried to change my family's diets other than to encourage adding more fruits and veggies to their meals/snacks.

I am a vegetarian because I listen to my body when I eat something: why do I feel so bloated/sluggish/tired ? What did I eat? Was it what I ate vs how much I ate of it?

Point is, everyone's dietary needs are different - some people thrive on vegan or vegetarian diets, others don't. Not everyone can process soy / dairy / gluten / meat, etc. So long as people are making educated eating decisions / form dietary habits, there is room for all of us on this planet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.