The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane Needs Revenue Sharing!!

Cmbilt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 25, 2008
I have been visiting other sites and have come to realize that other sites allow for revenue sharing with google adsense. If a person who registers and has enough posts and is a member long enough, then their adsense on their own personal website is used on the other forum websites. Therefore, the people have more opportunity to make a little bit of money by posting more. This attracts more users and members and I am in awe that the fastlane does not have this. Maybe they do? Any thoughts anyone. PhxMJ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
i would vote to give to the mods for all great work they do, other than that, I would not see the need. A lot of work has gone into this and the person doing the work deserves the money.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
I like the idea, but wouldn't want to impliment it because content quality would suffer.

offroadaz

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Feb 5, 2008
Peoria, AZ
I have been visiting other sites and have come to realize that other sites allow for revenue sharing with google adsense. If a person who registers and has enough posts and is a member long enough, then their adsense on their own personal website is used on the other forum websites. Therefore, the people have more opportunity to make a little bit of money by posting more. This attracts more users and members and I am in awe that the fastlane does not have this. Maybe they do? Any thoughts anyone. PhxMJ?

Do you think that could lead to useless posts and more spam? It seems the way it is now people take time to write out a well reasoned response. I think an ad sharing system would lead to allot of people posting just to pad their count hoping to earn money.

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I think it would only work if it would be tied to rep speed, not just post count.

Anyways, we are here to make big money in a short time span, not pennies over months. At least thats the user target I would look for if I were the admin.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
I've been a member of Digital Point for over 2 years, and I think my revenue share has bought me a coffee - not Starbucks either :) and that is a VERY popular forum.

Not worth the trouble in my opinion.

Cmbilt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 25, 2008
One site that does this is www.namepros.com. A very good site for people who are trying to build websites and find information about domain names. I like the rep speed idea for revenue sharing!

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
personally I think that he who has and implments the idea should get the revenue.

that would be mj.

everyone here is a guest of his and his ideas. yes we are a community but we were only brought together here by mj. he alone should reap any profits to be had.

just my opinion.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Yeah, I agree that MJ should get any financial profits from this site itself. Our money will come from the knowledge we gain here.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
Yeah, I agree that MJ should get any financial profits from this site itself. Our money will come from the knowledge we gain here.
Agreed. All I want is knowledge, money will come later.

Jito

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Dec 2, 2007
Bay Area

Fail.

PhxMJ contributes valuable time and knowledge to this forum, if anything he could charge a membership fee (hopefully all current member are grandfathered in).....:smx6:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
IMO, anything that encourages sig-pimpage and excessive "Jack Hu" posts are to be discouraged. Pimping out for posts to earn $18.31/month is not Fastlane and I can assure everyone that if I did such a thing, it would become more of a nuisance than a benefit.

The content here should be enough to warrant participation ... if it isn't, I'm simply not doing my job and/or not attracting the right type of contributor.

I am encouraged to know that I still haven't spent any money on promotion. Once that happens, I expect things to start moving at a quicker rate.

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
I'm late to throw in my 2 cents, but here they are:

MJ gets the credit, and the cash.

He's the one who stuck his neck out, did the work, and had the vision.

I come here for knowledge.

To make millions.

Not pennies.

-Russ H.

S928

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Aug 7, 2007
The content here should be enough to warrant participation ... if it isn't, I'm simply not doing my job and/or not attracting the right type of contributor.

Well said MJ.

Why would anyone feel the need to receive revenue from a website which they haven't contributed to? Mindboggling! Really.

Cmbilt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 25, 2008
Well said MJ.

Why would anyone feel the need to receive revenue from a website which they haven't contributed to? Mindboggling! Really.

MINDBOGGLING? If people post here, they are contributing to the knowledge of everyone else. Everyone gains and learns from everyone else. That is the point of a forum. This is what is meant by the contribution of individuals to the benefit of the whole.

As for the concept of revenue sharing. I still like the idea and do not think it would resonate spamming or rediculous post. However, I also understand the work the MJ has put into this forum as well.

Tyler Davis
www.cmbilt.com

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio
I'm late to throw in my 2 cents, but here they are:

MJ gets the credit, and the cash.

He's the one who stuck his neck out, did the work, and had the vision.

-Russ H.

Agreed. In my opinion, this is one of the basics of a "fastlane" mentality.

GettingThere

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
7%
Dec 3, 2007
Central Florida
Aside from the fact that MJ obviously created the basis for this community and deserves the credit,

the concept alone is NOT fastlane, so it would be a step backward to implement it on this forum. It is simply another way to exchange TIME for money. NOT scalable and NOT able to be automated without becoming spam. Period.

If someone feels they are wasting their time posting their thoughts here because they are not 'earning' money for it, they are more than welcome to move along. As mentioned in another post, members here are very grateful that MJ and the other moderators/contributors are here to inspire, educate, and share experiences...worth more than $$$ any day.

-John

tbsells

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Jul 27, 2007
Ohio

The more I think about this it kind of ticks me off. As Russ said earlier "MJ gets the credit, and the cash. He's the one who stuck his neck out, did the work, and had the vision." To me those words sum it all up. I can't understand why you think you are entitled to anything. You (and all of us) are fortunate to be a part of this. Its FREE to us and very valuable. How often in life to you get something of value for free?

My advice: Quit worrying about what the other guy makes. That mentality of "scarcity" will only hold you back. There is plenty of money out there. The amount that MJ has or may eventually have has no affect on your ability to make millions. It's not a zero sum game. Theres plenty out there.

Another thought: What if MJ had mortgaged his future on this site and spend his last dollar on its development and promotion, and it failed miserably? Would you or anyone else here bailed him out? NO! We are not partners.

I drive a toyota. Does that mean toyota owes me something because I participate in the success of their business? I also frequent Lowes, Outback Steakhouse, and wear alot of Adidas. Do they owe me? Obviously not.

Your question is proof positive of a slowlane mentality. :smxE:

Luke12321

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
31%
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I think it would promote people to post information that 1) Is not well thought out 2) Copied and paste off another site (We have already saw this happen before and no money is to be made from it!) Imagine if a few dollars were to be made? People would be copying and pasting stuff from everywhere! Any money made should go to MJ, he put the time it and came up with the idea. If you want to make money off of your post, build a forum yourself.

mtnman

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Oct 3, 2007
The more I see this thread in the top 5, the more I laugh.

A forum is a tool, just as money is a tool. Choosing to utilize tools in a useful manner is an entirely different story. The fastlanetomillions is all about choice.

Revenue sharing is like trying to stick a square pole in a round hole. ("a little lube maybe?" , said the ambiguous.)

Cmbilt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 25, 2008
The more I think about this it kind of ticks me off. As Russ said earlier "MJ gets the credit, and the cash. He's the one who stuck his neck out, did the work, and had the vision." To me those words sum it all up. I can't understand why you think you are entitled to anything. You (and all of us) are fortunate to be a part of this. Its FREE to us and very valuable. How often in life to you get something of value for free?

My advice: Quit worrying about what the other guy makes. That mentality of "scarcity" will only hold you back. There is plenty of money out there. The amount that MJ has or may eventually have has no affect on your ability to make millions. It's not a zero sum game. Theres plenty out there.

Another thought: What if MJ had mortgaged his future on this site and spend his last dollar on its development and promotion, and it failed miserably? Would you or anyone else here bailed him out? NO! We are not partners.

I drive a toyota. Does that mean toyota owes me something because I participate in the success of their business? I also frequent Lowes, Outback Steakhouse, and wear alot of Adidas. Do they owe me? Obviously not.

Your question is proof positive of a slowlane mentality. :smxE:

I have a couple of problems with your post as you seem to be stuck in the slow lane yourself driving a Toyota. The idea, first of all, was meant to spark interest in revenue sharing and why other forums have it. I dont care either way if the fastlane has revenue sharing, however, my point was this: if other memebers, other than MJ, make valid points, trade valuable information, answer priceless questions, and give great life long advance on here, they are the contributers who make the fastlane what it is today. This is the contribution obviously each member makes by trading and learning valuable information from this forum - "Great Minds Think Alike." I was simply thinking of a reward system that may help the fastlane to generate more minds and more members.

Secondly, I am not sure who is worrying about what MJ makes because it is certainly not me. I do not have to boast on here as to my earnings or my financial life. I merely enjoy this forum for the exposure of ideas and the helping of young people learn about life experiences.

As to your last mocking paragraph about eating and frequenting places: I think you should start a website where you could sell that service/idea to a lowes or steakhouse. You could start a website where valuable, loyal customers, and frequent users of companies could enjoy reqards or gift certificates on their favortie brands. Enjoy the FREE idea and advice!

Tyler Davis
www.cmbilt.com

Russ H

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jul 25, 2007
Napa Valley, CA
Cmbilt said:
I have a couple of problems with your post as you seem to be stuck in the slow lane yourself driving a Toyota.

tbsells made some really excellent points. Pity you didn't acknowledge that.

I am not yet retired, and spend most of my driving time in an 8 year old Ford.

By your definition, I am also not "fastlane".

Perhaps you need to spend a bit more time here before you start accusing others of having problems, eh?

Cmbilt said:
Secondly, I am not sure who is worrying about what MJ makes because it is certainly not me. I do not have to boast on here as to my earnings or my financial life.

Yet you start a thread asking for revenues (pennies) from this site. Interesting.

Cmbilt said:
I merely enjoy this forum for the exposure of ideas and the helping of young people learn about life experiences.

I hope you continue to do so. And perhaps even old people (like me) can benefit from this exposure as well. ;)

-Russ H.

Allthingznew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Aug 26, 2007
The idea, first of all, was meant to spark interest in revenue sharing and why other forums have it.

Clearly there is no interest, but thanks.

I dont care either way if the fastlane has revenue sharing, however, my point was this: if other memebers, other than MJ, make valid points, trade valuable information, answer priceless questions, and give great life long advance on here, they are the contributers who make the fastlane what it is today. This is the contribution obviously each member makes by trading and learning valuable information from this forum - "Great Minds Think Alike." I was simply thinking of a reward system that may help the fastlane to generate more minds and more members.

Point taken and again thanks. However, our point is the value of the information here will decline once the forum becomes overrun with people trying to make a buck, as happened with the Richdad forum. The quality here is high because it is closely guarded. The overwhelming response to this thread should prove that.

Cmbilt

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 25, 2008
Perhaps you need to spend a bit more time here before you start accusing others of having problems, eh?

I am not yet retired, and spend most of my driving time in an 8 year old Ford.

By your definition, I am also not "fastlane".

Yet you start a thread asking for revenues (pennies) from this site. Interesting.

I hope you continue to do so. And perhaps even old people (like me) can benefit from this exposure as well. ;)

-Russ H.

Yes you are in the slow lane. Pennies make dollars, dollars make money. As soon as people start caring about bringing in multi-sources of income, whether it be dollars or pennies, then they achieve the ultimate goal of my fastlane. Except the challenge is to make those multiple streams of income residual. Good luck and god bless!

I have another problem with this and so I am going to edit and see what everyone thinks. Everyone has said the great content and advice here is what makes this site so unique and special. What happens when someone post something on here trying to give advice and being totally wrong? What happens when a teenager writes in the fastlane and tries to give advice on something they do not fully understand? Wouldnt this type of fastlane material be a detrimental to the source of innovation that this forum tends to be founded on? Wouldnt this mis-interpreted advice be just as bad as spam? Not all advice is good advice.

Tyler Davis
www.cmbilt.com

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!