The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Fastlane Diets

perrier

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Apr 28, 2022
Hello,
Let's talk food
So I was wondering, what are you guys eating? I've read here a ton on health, workouts, fasting and all that stuff but nothing specific on food choices.
Why am I wondering that?
This video (1:47)
There, the guy tells that he only eats things he can prepare in under 10 minutes, do any of you have the same approach?
Also the owner of the channel eats the same thing everyday. (by the way, I recommend his whole channel - behind those clickbaity titles there is a ton of value)
I am wondering is eating the same thing everyday healthy? What can he possibly cook in under 10 minutes?
Maybe some of you have this very analytical mindset on food - I'd love to hear what are you eating.
If i could I would eat as simply and as quickly as possible, now I eat randomly, I'd like to take more time to make some healthy habits and also optimalize my time better at the same time.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have specific diets that you follow? Do you get your food to your door?
How do you minimalize the time you need to spend on basic needs?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Nutrition is a lot like religion, everyone has their own beliefs and will often defend them fiercely. And like religion, many different diets have very different beliefs.

If you really look at it, the four things you want to control are:
  • Inflammation
  • Oxidation
  • Stress
  • Glycation (Sugar)

While entire books have been written on the subject, I can simplify it by telling you to avoid sugar, processed food, and lots of carbs.

No matter your diet, if you avoid those three things as much as possible, and combine that with adequate sleep and exercise, you are doing very well.

Me personally? I’ve been on the paleo diet for years and have just decided to switch to the carnivore diet and give it a try after seeing a couple friends have amazing results.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
eggs, cheese, salsa and black coffee - 350 cal

meat and cheese for lunch - 300 cal

steak and broccoli for dinner - 800 cal (or it's chicken, or pork chops, I mix up the veggies too)

water or a sugar free red bull occasionally, rarely any alcohol.

this is 90% of my diet since march.

Down 16 lbs.

I need much less sleep and I never get a sugar crash. It's just non-stop work and then I pass out and start again, 7 days a week.

I think I'll do this for the foreseeable future.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Great video, thanks for sharing.
This guy is on point on so many things.

I am wondering is eating the same thing everyday healthy?
If you get all your required nutrients, yes.
It's also easier to avoid junk food, since you no longer have to decide what to eat. It's predetermined.

What can he possibly cook in under 10 minutes?
  • Put a stake on the grill, while it's cooking you have the time to make a salad.
  • Fried eggs / omelette with cheese/bacon/frozen veg.
  • Microwave oatmeal with milk.
  • Pasta with pre-made sauce.
  • Any salad that has pre-cooked chicken added. You can add cheese as well.
  • Have food being delivered at your house at specific hours.
  • For foods that don't lose their quality when frozen/refrigerated: cook for one hour, get 6 servings. That's 10 minutes per meal.
Most things can be cooked in under 10 minutes.

I would suggest cutting all carbs and focusing primarily on meat and salads. 1-2 meals a day.
It's healthy, easy to cook, easy to clean, you don't get sugar crashes, and you can keep working.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
A plant-based diet for ethical reasons, and I cook a large meal that I can split into 2 to 3 portions and eat throughout the day. Like a pack of pasta with pesto, leafy greens, and soy chunks (+ seeds, olive oil, sauces). It's a complete meal macro-wise, reasonably healthy, and sustains a high-calorie intake as I workout a lot.

The rest of the time, I snack on nuts, fruits, and easy 5-minute meals. Doing this every day to keep it simple and minimize worrying about eating enough/healthy enough. A few times a week I eat out to stay sane like getting a pizza, sushi, whatever.

Otherwise, that's the key for me - cook a massive meal once a day and eat it for the whole day. If I'm aiming for 4000 calories, that meal has to have 2000-3000. Meal prep would be even better, so the food lasts for multiple days, not just one, but this works for me.

codequaza

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Nov 11, 2019
High Protein, high (healthy) fat and low carb. If carbs, only healthy ones with low glycemic index like quinoa for example. Sometimes I'll throw in a Nocco BCAA (180mg caffeine and 14kcal), because of the caffeine.

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Personally, the less the carbs in the morning the better my energy last throughout the day. I don't get a crash around 2-3PM when I'm not consuming carbs for breakfast or lunch. I also tend to not snack between meals either. This helps me focus on what I'm doing and not spike my insulin too often. It's easier to lean down this way too.

My day starts at 6-7 AM and ends around 10 PM. I stop eating around 6 PM though. On the weekdays, I'd fast anywhere from 16-18 hours. On Friday leading into Saturday, I push for a 22-36 hour fast. Food taste the best after I break the 22-36 fast.

Before my first meal, I'd drink either lemon water or black coffee. Carbonated water is good too. Either way, the purpose of these drink is bland my appetite. Coffee is a strong appetite suppressor if you're having trouble losing weight.

A quick tip here is if you sip your coffee from 10-2 PM you will likely have a more stable attention span than if you jug it early on. Only downside is that it stains your teeth, so make sure to drink water after every sip.

My first meal is very heavy in protein and fat(steak, or fish, and eggs+butter)(at around 10AM-2PM). On heavy lifting day(M,W,F) it's closer to 10AM. On resting day, it's closer to 2PM.

Then I'd eat 2-4 hours later with a medium protein and medium fat meal(usually some kind of meat & butter). On most day this is either liver or some protein in the fridge with butter+onion/garlic.

For dinner(my third meal before 6 PM), important note: 2-3 days in a week, I skip dinner because the last two meals are so filling(high natural fat suppresses appetite, usually they're on my lifting days), I'd have a potato or rice with a serving of meat and vegetable. If I have cravings for carbs, dinner is when I devour some. This is so if I get a sugar crash, it'd be around the time I sleep.

Kirsov

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Apr 30, 2022
Germany
Hello,
Let's talk food
So I was wondering, what are you guys eating? I've read here a ton on health, workouts, fasting and all that stuff but nothing specific on food choices.
Why am I wondering that?
There, the guy tells that he only eats things he can prepare in under 10 minutes, do any of you have the same approach?
Also the owner of the channel eats the same thing everyday. (by the way, I recommend his whole channel - behind those clickbaity titles there is a ton of value)
I am wondering is eating the same thing everyday healthy? What can he possibly cook in under 10 minutes?
Maybe some of you have this very analytical mindset on food - I'd love to hear what are you eating.
If i could I would eat as simply and as quickly as possible, now I eat randomly, I'd like to take more time to make some healthy habits and also optimalize my time better at the same time.

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have specific diets that you follow? Do you get your food to your door?
How do you minimalize the time you need to spend on basic needs
Five years ago, I weighted 122kg and had a lot of health diseases. I did keto and fasted regulary and drop down to 85kg in about a year. Note that I was doing dry fasting also which was not recommended and I did it to the extreme: no water no food for three days. The longest time they recommend for a dry fast is 24h, not longer as its consequences if done wrongly are fatal and that includes death

Covid hit my country in March 2021. There was isolation for months and during those months, I didn't care about my health anymore and gained 60kg of pure fat mass(took about a year, I weight about 140kg now). I was binge reading at that time.

Now, I am aiming to lose 60kg and this time, I won't take it back on again. How do I expect myself to do that? Keto+Fasting (No dry fasting this time)+ Training at the gym(starting at 2x/week, then 4x/week, then 6x/week, then 10x/week).

I eat healthy fat while I am on keto: eggs, avocados, olive oil, sardines,...
Sources of protein: Chicken, Beef, Sardines, Fish, ....
Sources of carbs and fibres: Brocolli, Cauliflower, Leafy Greens, ...

In order to note spend too much time cooking, I cook my meals for 2-3 days and put them in the refrigerator. I already have all my meal planned out and whenever it is time to eat, I go follow the plan. Also, don't pressure yourself to use too little time to eat. When I do eat, I appreciate the moment: It is only me and my food at this moment. It is kind of a meditation. Take your time to eat and prepare your meals. Don't eat randomly just to avoid facing the effort of cooking. If you feel like you are wasting your time while cooking and meal prepping*, listen to the audio version of the books you are currently reading.

I believe that health is one of the greatest contributor for happiness, take good care of it, don't ignore it.

If you struggle finding healthy things to eat, just google it, you will receive a list. This is how I started when I didn't know what are healthy things to eat on a ketogenic lifestyle.

Basic needs are still needs.

Black_Mamba_427

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jan 6, 2022
My meal prep takes 0 minutes because my wife does it haha. And she logs my food during prep on MyFitnessPal for me so I'm hitting my macro's and protein target for the day.

Get on my level :D

Atm macros are 35/35/30 (protein/carbs/fat), 2000 calories (Dieting for summer). Low (minimal) sugar. No processed foods. and try to drink at least 2.5Litre of water (on top of coffee etc) a day.

Although have been veering off track this month due to a ton of social events. Need to get back on track with things when I'm back from vacation at the end of the week, as I'm away on a summer holiday in 6-8 weeks.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I eat mainly plant based, with meat/fish occasionally and nuts in moderation. I try to find what is in season where I live and go with it.

No calories counting. No paying attention to macros and all that in depth. I focus on what is healthy and sustainable for me.

I also do 16:8 IF, a 24 hours fast every other week and a 3 days fast every other month. I don't believe our body thrives when we eat constantly. So I let my digestive system rest and go for longer fast for the advantage of autophagy.

John2020

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Dec 4, 2019
Hello,
Let's talk food
Why am I wondering that?

Chicken, rice, and vegetables (cut down little to no rice when cutting)
Steak and Vegetables
6 Eggs and salsa or ketchup

Also if you get Special K Protein cereal with 15g protein along with a banana for your pre-workout meal

Try to keep to 4-5 meals a day
Although I've heard a lot about intermittent fasting that I may give a try sometime in the future

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Hello,
Let's talk food
Why am I wondering that?

While my brain immediately ignored the novelty of "turning off your light switch with your phone". I am intrigued by the idea of "work hard, rest hard" and want to try this out in work sessions...because I always assumed work would be hard...and rarely got to the rest part.

mrchuckthetech

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
May 11, 2022
Atlanta, GA
Nutrition is a lot like religion, everyone has their own beliefs and will often defend them fiercely. And like religion, many different diets have very different beliefs.

If you really look at it, the four things you want to control are:
  • Inflammation
  • Oxidation
  • Stress
  • Glycation (Sugar)

While entire books have been written on the subject, I can simplify it by telling you to avoid sugar, processed food, and lots of carbs.

No matter your diet, if you avoid those three things as much as possible, and combine that with adequate sleep and exercise, you are doing very well.

Me personally? I’ve been on the paleo diet for years and have just decided to switch to the carnivore diet and give it a try after seeing a couple friends have amazing results.
I was diagnosed with Primary Progressive MS and more than a few Fastlaners have pointed out that my childhood/young adult of highly processed sugary and salty foods may be a part of the problem. I am dialing in now...and have begun the transition from SAD diet to Paleo...but it's a process of relearning.

This stuck out to me because my entire diet was probably based around the 4 thing it's not supposed to.

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
Have been following keto and been fasting mostly 18/6, but recently started 18/6.
Started off at 50 net carbs a day, and now I'm at 25 net carbs per day --

6am - decaf coffee with a tbsp of organic coconut oil (to fight off hunger)

11am - break fast with either bone broth or eggs with mayo and cheese, keto-friendly shake

1pm - 4 slices of salami with 2 cheese sticks

3pm - 1/4 cup of macadamia nuts, pork rinds

5pm - cheeseburger with a keto bun
desert - light peanut butter with Lily choc chips and pecans

Down 12 pounds since April 4th, sticking with this lifestyle for the long haul.

Have been using CarbManager and I love it! Makes tracking carbs fun and easy

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

The Fastlane Diets​

I hate the word Diet. F*ck that. I eat how I plan to eat for as far as I can see into the future. This whole "I am temporarily starving myself to lose a pound only to gain five later"... not for me.

I eat 90% plant based. That's been the best for endurance sports performance. And I don't sweat it to count calories.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Mostly eating the same thing every day. Trying to only eat 1/2 ingredient & organic foods (Still messing up with snacking sometimes)

Breakfast - 6 scrambled eggs

Lunch - Bowl of Greek Yoghurt (I prefer the texture of the Fat-Free Yoghurt), with honey, strawberries, blueberries, banana, chia seeds and peanut butter

Dinner - Homemade Burrito Bowl. Steak Mince, Rice, Cheese, Black Beans, Lettuce & Peppers - covered in Frank's Red Hot Sauce (it has 4 ingredients + water)

Black Coffee, Water and Tea throughout the day. Thinking about reducing my meal frequency. Will see how it goes.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Mostly eating the same thing every day. Trying to only eat 1/2 ingredient & organic foods (Still messing up with snacking sometimes)

Breakfast - 6 scrambled eggs

That’s a lot of eggs. How do you feel after?

I typically try to only eat so that I can still move after a meal lol.

Lunch - Bowl of Greek Yoghurt (I prefer the texture of the Fat-Free Yoghurt), with honey, strawberries, blueberries, banana, chia seeds and peanut butter

I’m salivating just thinking about this. Sounds delicious. But I don’t do dairy. Have you tried life without dairy? Some people don’t know how much better they can feel without dairy products, it’s individual to each of us - not one size fits all. And it’s been one constant for me. Last 8 years, unless by accident, zero dairy.

Dinner - Homemade Burrito Bowl. Steak Mince, Rice, Cheese, Black Beans, Lettuce & Peppers - covered in Frank's Red Hot Sauce (it has 4 ingredients + water)

Feels heavy again.

Curious, do you run, or do any other endurance sports? I wonder how our choice of meals is affected by our lifestyle?

For example, I love the taste of meat yet I barely eat any. Mostly because of my lifestyle…
Black Coffee, Water and Tea throughout the day. Thinking about reducing my meal frequency. Will see how it goes.

What’s the latest science on coffee? I love coffee and tea but often hear people tell me I should reduce caffeine. It’s something I’m undecided.

Mathuin

Provide Relative-Value or Die Trying
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Dec 20, 2020
Belfast, Northern Ireland
That’s a lot of eggs. How do you feel after?
I feel great after eating them.
I used to eat 3 eggs on a bagel/toast but I wouldn’t feel great after eating wheat.

I’m salivating just thinking about this. Sounds delicious. But I don’t do dairy. Have you tried life without dairy?
I haven’t. I know some people don’t react well to it but I’ve never seemed to have much of an issue with it. I always felt worse after wheat.

Curious, do you run, or do any other endurance sports? I wonder how our choice of meals is affected by our lifestyle?
I’ll run sometimes but it is mostly just lifting weights and walking everyday.

What’s the latest science on coffee? I love coffee and tea but often hear people tell me I should reduce caffeine. It’s something I’m undecided.
I have been reducing my caffeine. Would like to reach the point where I no longer needed it. I feel I’ve built up a tolerance to it so I’m not getting much of the benefits anymore. Tried to quit cold turkey a couple of times but the withdrawals were pretty bad

Last edited:

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
It's very simple for me. I am on a diet that has me feeling better than I ever have in my life, and I have always been food conscious.

I have tried many diets: keto, Paleo, gluten free, etc. They were steps in the right direction, but had little positive effect compared to my current diet.

I feel the way that I did as a kid: full of energy, and body feels amazing. I cut out all GMOs, pesticides, herbicide, poison, etc. The USDA Organic certificate covers all of this and more.

If you want to know what some of the most widely used pesticides do to you, just look up a few studies on Glyphosate and Atrazine. Yes, Atrazine turned the male frogs into females, and feminized the remaining males. It is used primarily on corn and soy. Glyphosate will destroy your digestive system. A lot of pesticides that are FDA approved target the nervous system. When you eat a non-organic food diet in America, you are consuming hundreds of different pesticides on a weekly basis, every week of the year, every year of your life. It has a long term effect on your health.

My diet is extremely simple to follow: 100% USDA Organic Certified.

It's that simple, and you will feel amazing. Trust me.

USDA Organic meats, fruits, and vegetables. I avoid having too many carbs, but they have their place here and there in small amounts.

EDIT: I wanted to add, that this extends into all products I use. I use calcium fluoride toothpaste imported from Europe, all natural soap with only a few natural ingredients and nothing else, natural deodorant, natural reef safe mineral sunscreen, and NO polyester shirts.

Even more important, for my water, I get 5 gallon GLASS bottles delivered from The Mountain Valley Water. It is the best delivered drinking water you can get. It comes in glass NOT plastic. Plastic water bottles will leach BPA or similar chemical into the water when they are in warm semis and warehouses. After years of being off this stuff, I can taste the difference.

For my baths, I use dechlorination tablets, but a whole home RO system would be superior. A spring well or regular well on the property would be even better. The closest to natural you can get, is what you want.

Remember, Bruce Jenner spent his entire life in Chlorine swimming pools, and look what happened to him. Chlorine is NOT your friend. Avoid drinking, bathing, and swimming in it.

Other than that, for your clothing, organic undyed cotton is the best. And for your choice of location, mountain air is amazing. Being in a large metro, the air quality is poor. The health detriments are subtle, long term, and hard to notice until you have seen the difference first hand. Beach air is nice, but North Carolina mountain air is nearly unbeatable.

Attachments

• Organic Seal - small.png
    Organic Seal - small.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
It's very simple for me. I am on a diet that has me feeling better than I ever have in my life, and I have always been food conscious.

I have tried many diets: keto, Paleo, gluten free, etc. They were steps in the right direction, but had little positive effect compared to my current diet.

I feel the way that I did as a kid: full of energy, and body feels amazing. I cut out all GMOs, pesticides, herbicide, poison, etc. The USDA Organic certificate covers all of this and more.

If you want to know what some of the most widely used pesticides do to you, just look up a few studies on Glyphosate and Atrazine. Yes, Atrazine turned the male frogs into females, and feminized the remaining males. It is used primarily on corn and soy. Glyphosate will destroy your digestive system. A lot of pesticides that are FDA approved target the nervous system. When you eat a non-organic food diet in America, you are consuming hundreds of different pesticides on a weekly basis, every week of the year, every year of your life. It has a long term effect on your health.

My diet is extremely simple to follow: 100% USDA Organic Certified.

It's that simple, and you will feel amazing. Trust me.

USDA Organic meats, fruits, and vegetables. I avoid having too many carbs, but they have their place here and there in small amounts.

EDIT: I wanted to add, that this extends into all products I use. I use calcium fluoride toothpaste imported from Europe, all natural soap with only a few natural ingredients and nothing else, natural deodorant, natural reef safe mineral sunscreen, and NO polyester shirts.

Even more important, for my water, I get 5 gallon GLASS bottles delivered from The Mountain Valley Water. It is the best delivered drinking water you can get. It comes in glass NOT plastic. Plastic water bottles will leach BPA or similar chemical into the water when they are in warm semis and warehouses. After years of being off this stuff, I can taste the difference.

For my baths, I use dechlorination tablets, but a whole home RO system would be superior. A spring well or regular well on the property would be even better. The closest to natural you can get, is what you want.

Remember, Bruce Jenner spent his entire life in Chlorine swimming pools, and look what happened to him. Chlorine is NOT your friend. Avoid drinking, bathing, and swimming in it.

Other than that, for your clothing, organic undyed cotton is the best. And for your choice of location, mountain air is amazing. Being in a large metro, the air quality is poor. The health detriments are subtle, long term, and hard to notice until you have seen the difference first hand. Beach air is nice, but North Carolina mountain air is nearly unbeatable.
Sir,How trustworthy is your usda certificate? But as you said if you feel great after eating those food item then it may be real, or it can be Placebo.

Matt33

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
429%
Apr 14, 2013
FL
Sir,How trustworthy is your usda certificate? But as you said if you feel great after eating those food item then it may be real, or it can be Placebo.

If you are a billionaire, you can have your own personal greenhouse, but that would be ridiculous. USDA Organic is a hard to get certification. It is more than likely not perfectly free of pesticides, but the volume is a tiny fraction of what "normal" food has.

The feeling great is not a placebo, I can assure you of that. Eating pesticides that kill insects, herbicides that kill plants, GMOs which create an unnatural plant which will not die from heavy amounts of pesticides which would otherwise cause them to wither away, Antibiotics in meat, hormones, rBST, BPA, animals fed a lifetime diet of feed containing these pesticides, and it bioaccumulates in their bodies.

These pesticides will not kill you, at least not immediately, the FDA protects you from that. But over time...

There are examples in less developed countries, like Africa, which lack pesticide regulation, of terrible numbers of deaths, from pesticides used at a high dose. What doesn't kill you does not make you stronger, when you are looking at the effects of pesticides. An entire lifetime of pesticides is a detriment to your health, energy levels, T-levels, and general well being.

I also stay away from vaccines, over the counter medications, and prescription medications, I am fortunate to be young and healthy enough to live my life free of these other unnatural things. I thank God for this, and cherish it every day, because more than likely, it will not last forever. We all get old and end up needing something.

There is a major difference. Food is food, it all tastes good, but after years on an Organic diet, when I eat un-Organic food, I feel noticeably sick. As a kid, eating non Organic salad my whole life, I did not notice the taste. Only after being off of pesticides a long time, can I now taste the pesticides. Especially if the greens are unwashed.

Spending the day outside in the sun seems to be great for feeling well too. And reading the Bible, following God's word, is entirely more important than all of this. Following the teaching of Jesus Christ and being healed by The Son of Man, will have a far greater effect on your life. Embrace God, and The Holy Spirit will guide your way, and protect you.

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
The feeling great is not a placebo
The thing about placebo … you wouldn’t know it. That’s the whole point of randomized trials.
Experience of one person isn’t relevant. It’s the comparison from two groups of people (placebo takers being one of them) that shows scientifically whether your approach is the result of the drug (in your case food) or placebo.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
The thing about placebo … you wouldn’t know it. That’s the whole point of randomized trials.
Experience of one person isn’t relevant. It’s the comparison from two groups of people (placebo takers being one of them) that shows scientifically whether your approach is the result of the drug (in your case food) or placebo.
Yes sir that's what i was talking about.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

The Fastlane Diets​

I hate the word Diet. F*ck that. I eat how I plan to eat for as far as I can see into the future. This whole "I am temporarily starving myself to lose a pound only to gain five later"... not for me.

I eat 90% plant based. That's been the best for endurance sports performance. And I don't sweat it to count calories.

What is your natural tendency? To lose or gain weight? Most people into endurance sports are natural ectomorphs and it's easy for them to not care much about their diets.

Some people struggle to gain weight and are always lean (lucky motherfuckers). And some, without paying at least some attention to calories and maybe even dieting occasionally, would just end up fat.

I know that without my workout intensity and at least trying to control the amount of food I eat I'd be fat. I can't believe when people tell me their problem is that they can't gain weight.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
135%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
If you are a billionaire, you can have your own personal greenhouse, but that would be ridiculous. USDA Organic is a hard to get certification. It is more than likely not perfectly free of pesticides, but the volume is a tiny fraction of what "normal" food has.

The feeling great is not a placebo, I can assure you of that. Eating pesticides that kill insects, herbicides that kill plants, GMOs which create an unnatural plant which will not die from heavy amounts of pesticides which would otherwise cause them to wither away, Antibiotics in meat, hormones, rBST, BPA, animals fed a lifetime diet of feed containing these pesticides, and it bioaccumulates in their bodies.

These pesticides will not kill you, at least not immediately, the FDA protects you from that. But over time...

There are examples in less developed countries, like Africa, which lack pesticide regulation, of terrible numbers of deaths, from pesticides used at a high dose. What doesn't kill you does not make you stronger, when you are looking at the effects of pesticides. An entire lifetime of pesticides is a detriment to your health, energy levels, T-levels, and general well being.

I also stay away from vaccines, over the counter medications, and prescription medications, I am fortunate to be young and healthy enough to live my life free of these other unnatural things. I thank God for this, and cherish it every day, because more than likely, it will not last forever. We all get old and end up needing something.

There is a major difference. Food is food, it all tastes good, but after years on an Organic diet, when I eat un-Organic food, I feel noticeably sick. As a kid, eating non Organic salad my whole life, I did not notice the taste. Only after being off of pesticides a long time, can I now taste the pesticides. Especially if the greens are unwashed.

Spending the day outside in the sun seems to be great for feeling well too. And reading the Bible, following God's word, is entirely more important than all of this. Following the teaching of Jesus Christ and being healed by The Son of Man, will have a far greater effect on your life. Embrace God, and The Holy Spirit will guide your way, and protect you.
Sir here is what i think,
I totally agree with you about pesticides and all, that cause damage to our internal systems. Anything that does not produce immediate effect on us is ignored (just like alcohol or cigarette or exercise).
But i think evolution is the king here. After long bombardment of all chemical on our bodies we will one day coexist with it rahter than suffering from it. Body will adapt to it and will either use it or discreet it(something ridiculous like using antibiotics to kill bacteria in body instead of using our own cells). Yeah antibiotics resistance is a thing but anything can happen.
People are finding plastic in our blood and all sort of stuff. We cant destroy all thing that cause damage to us but rahter coexist with them.
Food is the medicine for anything and we must become conscious about it as soon as possible. If people start demanding more organic food then supply must come. And the thing about antibiotics from animal food, i have read that it doesn't cause any effect on eater rather it causes effect on animals themselves.
But your vision about food is what everyone should look for ..

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
What is your natural tendency? To lose or gain weight?

Hmm… never thought about it. I don't know, I think I am fairly consistent but then I don't measure myself often either.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Hmm… never thought about it. I don't know, I think I am fairly consistent but then I don't measure myself often either.

As annoying politicians and journalists like to say: "this is a simple yes or no question."

Jokes aside, usually the tendency to lose weight is more apparent for those who want to build muscle (maybe @Fox can comment on that). Those who are into endurance sports don't mind weight loss so they probably don't even pay attention to this

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Apr 24, 2016

The Fastlane Diets​

Haha, "diet" doesn't mean "restricted eating that leads to weight loss", it simply means "a way of eating".

Your diet could be 5k cals a day.

You can be on a weight loss diet.

You can be on a weight gain diet.

You can be on the Standard American Diet (nicknamed "SAD"), which definitely doesn't promote weight loss.

But anyway, since you said you hate the word "diet"...

DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET DIET

DDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

D.I.E.T.

D
I
E
T

Diet
Die
Di
D
Di
Die
Diet

Diet.

6jd66q.jpg

6jd6ev.jpg

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
As annoying politicians and journalists like to say: "this is a simple yes or no question."

I’ll reply the way I’d have to reply to journalists…

MTF, thank you. Great question. The thing you and all other fake failing media are missing is that we are at war. But it’s the wrong word, it is an invasion and you must be ready for it. Do you want to die? And that’s why you’ll be able to buy me upcoming book on the current weight problems in the government that I witnessed while watching YouTube for $9.99. It’s not about the money, it’s about money. Real not nominal. When I said…

I could go on forever :).

On a serious note, you are correct. When I lose weight, it makes me faster. So I’m fine with it and probably don’t notice.

wyattnorton

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Jan 15, 2019
Northern IL & Southeastern WI
eggs, cheese, salsa and black coffee - 350 cal

meat and cheese for lunch - 300 cal

steak and broccoli for dinner - 800 cal (or it's chicken, or pork chops, I mix up the veggies too)

water or a sugar free red bull occasionally, rarely any alcohol.

this is 90% of my diet since march.

Down 16 lbs.

I need much less sleep and I never get a sugar crash. It's just non-stop work and then I pass out and start again, 7 days a week.

I think I'll do this for the foreseeable future.
What do your workouts look like?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.