The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The Cult of Dan Lok - Brainwashed Student Lost $26,000 Testimonial

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Wow - sounds scarily similar to the guitar teaching cult I got swept up in. Same techniques, but at least I made some ok slowlane money for a while

And looks like all the "High Ticket Fitness Entrepreneur" programs I see advertised on Instagram!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello people, I found this recent video and wanted to share it. Not much to say about it, just pissed at how far gurus will come to grab people's money. High-income skills they call them now, geez.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VDiM_PMmZA

That is a 57-minute video. Clicked into a few spots and it just seems like total rambling.

Can you give an actual breakdown?

Also on a side note, this dude is dressed horribly. If you are going to drop 5-10k on a sales program then at least try to wear a t-shirt that fits and take off your massive beanie.

---

Okay clicked to around 48 minutes in:

How they came up with the $26,000 lost figure is:
- Spent 2,500 on course.
- Spent 2k on upsell
- 6 months in his group at @200 a month
- Spent 1k on trip

Also added in 6 months without working for 2200 a month.

I don't know where they added in the other 6k.

So he took a course and then did nothing for 6 months.
Turns out he thinks the course sucks but... what did he do?

I am not a fan of Dan Lok at all but these gurus attract the exact people who are attracted to his instant-success-no-work-needed-marketing. The blame is equal on both sides.

---

These courses are hyped BS but people got to take a look in the mirror also. What were they hoping for and what were they going to do with what they learned?

This is like seeing someone buy a $5,000 treadmill, then not use it, and then complain the treadmill was a scam.
1) You didn't have to buy it. There are lots of other paid and free options.
2) You never even used it. Watching the treadmill instructional video doesn't count.

I wouldn't call this a scam - it is overpriced content you can get elsewhere for free or cheap.
I'd call it people making rash choices and then blaming others for their own lack of control/effort.

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy
Yeah I don't agree 100% with the way they calculated the amount of money he lost, they are trying to say that that's the total amount of money he spent *because* of the guru and not straight for the guru.

Here's a summary, I hadn't finished watching the video yet before posting it here.

Basically every course is an upsell for another course that's equally if not more expensive. You start with High Ticket Sale, then you get the Inner Circle, then you get Black Closers or something, then you get High Ticket Millionaire.
The guy bought the first three and then stopped.

He talks about how everyone around him at the course was absolutely mad for Dan, willing to buy anything before they even knew the price. Some people got their card declined because they were already in debt and were desperate, hoping for the payment to go through because once you reach that point you have no one else to turn to BUT the guru, and they know it.

There's this cult mentality where you call the others your brothers and sisters, the fake countdowns to get you to buy the next course and so on.

He knew some of the people there and knew they had no job or they were already heavily in debt but they kept on buying and buying. I have read similar things about Rich Dad courses where the first thing they teach you is how to get more credit so that you can buy more courses.

As far as I know, Dan used to actually be a real entrepreneur (that's how he got his wealth) and then became a guru after selling his business for millions.

Courses are like that grey line where you can't say you got scammed because you actually got to attend and heard people speak after paying money, so the service was delivered and you were just unhappy about it, that's where gurus march.

So yeah, that's that. The channel has more content on fake gurus and what they preach. Even though there's plenty of suggested google searches featuring "scam" as you search for the guru's name, every one of them appears to be very successful in regards to following on social media, Dan Lok has 1.4M followers on instagram for instance.

I guess they are just preying on the poor, the same people who play the lottery and slot machines, full time hope buyers.
It is true that in the end they have no one to blame but themselves, as everything is already out there and documented, they just refuse to do research before buying.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That is a 57-minute video. Clicked into a few spots and it just seems like total rambling.

Can you give an actual breakdown?

Also on a side note, this dude is dressed horribly. If you are going to drop 5-10k on a sales program then at least try to wear a t-shirt that fits and take off your massive beanie.

---

Okay clicked to around 48 minutes in:

How they came up with the $26,000 lost figure is:
- Spent 2,500 on course.
- Spent 2k on upsell
- Spent 1k on trip

Also added in 6 months without working for 2200 a month.

I don't know where they added in the other 6k.

So he took a course and then did nothing for 6 months.
Turns out he thinks the course sucks but... what did he do?

I am not a fan of Dan Lok at all but these gurus attract the exact people who are attracted to his instant-success-no-work-needed-marketing. The blame is equal on both sides.

---

These courses are hyped BS but people got to take a look in the mirror also. What were they hoping for and what were they going to do with what they learned?

This is like seeing someone buy a $5,000 treadmill, then not use it, and then complain the treadmill was a scam.
2) You never even used it. Watching the treadmill instructional video doesn't count.

I wouldn't call this a scam - it is overpriced content you can get elsewhere for free or cheap.
I'd call it people making rash choices and then blaming others for their own lack of control/effort.
^^^

Also... see how many people in here are buying and raving about Masterclass dot com. It adds value and is a no-brainer for some at $200/year.

$200/year? What’s that a month? How much is Netflix per year at the moment?

I do feel sorry for the people getting fleeced. The gurus doing it know exactly what they’re doing (and I’m not saying Dan Lok is... I don’t know his stuff).

I have a particular distaste for the gurus and their cults. For the longest while it prevented me creating courses. Now I want to take them on.

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe

I'm not sure I can agree with that.

What's described here is deliberately exploiting people weaknesses and handsomely profiting from that process. If nothing else, it's ethically disgusting.

Is a 5K treadmill a scam? Of course not.

But let me ask you this: if a seller, specifically targeting obese people and selling a 250$ treadmill for 5k told you: "Look, just buy this very special treadmill, use it 20 minutes per week, and in three weeks or less you'll be in perfect shape; and if you also buy this awesome 2k per month online coaching sessions you'll become a model in a couple of months": would THAT be a scam?

Yes, of course you should look in the mirror, of course you should be way smarter than that. But still... I think those scammers are the lowest worms that pollute our planet.

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019

So it means you defend people who makes money on stupidity, desperation and/or naivety of others?

Maybe you have misunderstood from this video how people can get in such a situation.

I think he is not just an impulsive buyer who cant hold his money but his is a victim of highly manipulative frameworks.

His state of mind was the same like from everybody else who buys a course. Getting some valuable tools to work with. But More important is the intention of the creator. Do you want to create value for the people who trust you or do you use highly manipulated levers to filter out who is the most vulnerable and desperate you can lead into more expensive upsells with less value? Not even mentioning how easy it is to use frames like "We are a family" "Brothers and Sisters" and "The others are on low Mindset". If you hear it oftentimes you start to believe you are "Special" (or Dan makes me feel Special) and you separate yourself from others who are not "Special" and search for other special people and find them "Inside the Family". Your own social circle gets exchanged by a new one "The Family". Then it is easier to make the next step entering a "Secret Society", "Inner Circle" or call it what ever and from this moment you start to lose the reality. You get radicalised.

Other people outside "The Family" will call it Crazy to signup for a membership you have to pay 2.5k monthly. Inside "The Family" you see how your "friend" Paul (another victim of manipulative levers) is doing it and it becomes normal for you. What is right or wrong is not anymore based on the moral values of the general society or your own rather than on the moral values of your "Family" leaded on the moral values of one person. The Guru.

This Guru is for some people inside "The Family" a real God. This Guru Guy seems to filter out with his upsells who is the real fanatic. Because you always need some fanatics who have diminished conscious behaviour within a group. Because these are the guys who make insanity inside a group looks normal. As long your own perspective is subject to this group you cant find out. You have to think objective. Especially when we human beings are always looking for others what is normal or not. It is also more difficult to leave this Insanity Club.

But how can people get in this situation? How can somebody get from a normal YouTube Viewer to a fanatic?

The first step of manipulation is always your own approval to open yourself up for "New Ideas". If your are really desperate for something like Health, Money or Women....you will automatically listen more to others. Especially for Gurus. And now comes the dirty part. Especially people who are in a desperate situation about something and have a difficult psychological state are the biggest fanatics inside this guru scene. Think about why they used the frame "Imagine: If you stand on a cliff and Dan stands behind you. Would you jump?" It not only a marketing tool to crack the shotgun and see who reacts. It is also to prepare the people emotionally to take a risk. Like signing up in their course without even knowing how much it costs (Jump over the cliff. Trust Dan). It is more fatal that there a people inside this group who have imagined this scenario Jumping over the cliff. Maybe killing themselves and are happy about it because "Dan said so"

I feel sorry for all of those people inside his groups because the more you go to the top of his insanity upsell groups the more you will find people who are the most lost one.

I'm happy for this guy that he could leave this dirty place and I wish him the best. And this Dan Guy is a good example to remember use how much responsiblity we have towards our customers to improve their lifes or to make them slaves to our pockets.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
So it means you defend people who makes money on stupidity, desperation and/or naivety of others?

I am not defending Dan Lok. At all.

BUT... have some personal responsibility for your own actions too.

If you watch that video he is removing himself of all blame and personal responsbilty.

I see it as finding out someone spent money on a horoscope hotline - yes the hotline is the lowest of the low BUT someone also agreed to call them in the first place and fall for their BS.

My point is even when I make a terrible choice - I hold myself responsible for allowing it to happen.

This guy is giving all his control to other people (including the person interviewing him who is putting words in his mouth).

Just pointing out how he should reassess his own actions since if he doesn't he is doomed to repeat them.

Also, save me the "you are defending gurus" speech. It is clear I am not - just pointing out the mindset of "everyone else is to blame - woe is me."

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
I think there is responsibility on both sides in this, but speaking from the experience of spending a lot of money on courses that made no return, I know in my case it was for one of three reasons.

1. I never implemented out of fear and kept buying more to reassure myself I was doing something and would eventually have the completely failproof scheme

2. I realised I was going to need to do work and that felt too much like hard work so I gave up on this "easy money" scheme

3. The market for X felt saturated by the time I actually bothered to learn and I was too lazy to want to put the time in to differentiate myself.

Did I still spend time blaming the course provider? Of course. We always look to others first to blame, but I honestly don't think we can put the blame on them. I think there is a responsibility to state that you will need to put the work in to achieve these things and make clear of time and financial investments, but beyond that we're all adults and know by this point in our lives that if something sounds too good to be true then it definitely is.

Of course if people put out their courses promising something that's a different story.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@Tourmaline exactly what I was talking about the other day

There's plenty to learn here. One huge lesson is to never have only one guru/mentor you listen to. That is how you get sucked in.

Does this mean you cannot learn anything from Dan Lok's story, or his sales stuff?

I'm not honestly sure why anyone would bother spending money on his class when it's on youtube for free. I've gone through much of it too, and plenty of it is useful.

The dude in the video learned a bunch of sales things and then expected a job to be handed to him? And when it wasn't he what? Doesn't do anything? It's funny how that is now 100% Lok's problem and fault.

Is it a flaw of the High Ticket Closing system that he doesn't spoonfeed you exactly what to sell?

tenor.gif

I'd hardly call it a cult. He just sucks people in with simple wordage. I don't know of any lingo in his system. Unlike MJ's system which has more lingo created by him(Sidewalk, Slowlane, Fastlane, CENTS, etc). Of course MJ's system is on another plane as MJ isn't try to get you to buy thousands of dollars of courses, but hey I'm an INSIDERS and am going to the Summit so..........................................................................................

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
I read his book "F U Money" which is OK but essentially the same generic hype you'd read anywhere else.

If you lost thousands buying into this guy/Tai Lopez/any other 'gurus' courses or masterminds, you can't blame anyone but yourself.

Last edited:

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016

Maybe you have misunderstood from this video how people can get in such a situation.

I think he is not just an impulsive buyer who cant hold his money but his is a victim of highly manipulative frameworks.

I completely defend Dan Lok and all the other fake gurus

At the end of the day, 'fake' gurus are on the Fastlane and if anyone is stupid enough to spend $6k on a get rich quick course, the fake guru is doing a service to society by taking that money off their hands, because god knows where else they could spend that $6k on if they didn't find the course (drugs? criminal activity?)

These are grown men, age 21-35 (sometimes older) who have access to the internet, and have at least went through high school in the 1st world.

There is no elaborate emotional or sophisticated scheme/manipulation going on, at the end of the day, these people are DESPERATE, so they will fall for THE MOST BASIC OF TACTICS....hence why you see all these stupid ads like "I'm A Hot 19 Year Old College Girl Looking For Someone Like You To Sleep With" or "I'm Making $400,000 A Year Without Doing Any Work, Spend $1997 And Find Out How I Did It" ----- even a child could easily see through this BS, so why do internet marketers spend thousands of dollars on these stupid ads?

---> BECAUSE THEY WORK <---

Fake gurus only need ONE condition to thrive: a group of desperate, frustrated people looking for anything that can improve their status in society. These people do not need sophisticated emotional ploys to be influenced, they are so desperate that they will force themselves to believe in the story because they HOPE for a better status in life and to feel significant without doing the work required.

And if you guys are going to reply angrily to me for defending these fake gurus, what about your College Professors, Presidents, Prime Ministers, Popes, Priests, Parents, what about the millions of fake gurus in the world who scam you every day? Why don't you focus on them since they actually have a greater impact?

Internet gurus like Tai Lopez and Dan Pena are only notorious because of the nature of the things they are selling. Some of you guys really think (laughably) that there will be a day when most people will use their common sense and stop buying from fake gurus, WRONG.

Where there is a market of desperate, bored, lonely and frustrated individuals, there will always be an abundant supply of gurus ready to sell them on their hopes and dreams.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
And if you guys are going to reply angrily to me for defending these fake gurus, what about your College Professors, Presidents, Prime Ministers, Popes, Priests, Parents, what about the millions of fake gurus in the world who scam you every day? Why don't you focus on them since they actually have a greater impact?

tenor.gif

Jeix

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Oct 1, 2018
Milan, Italy

At the end of the day, 'fake' gurus are on the Fastlane and if anyone is stupid enough to spend $6k on a get rich quick course, the fake guru is doing a service to society by taking that money off their hands, because god knows where else they could spend that $6k on if they didn't find the course (drugs? criminal activity?)
This is a very ignorant statement. Why do you think that anybody desperate enough to buy a guru course would otherwise use that money on drugs or criminal activity? It's true that desperate people fall prey of criminals and their schemes more easily but that's because they have no one else to turn to that (they think) can help them. Saying that it's either gurus or drugs is complete fiction, also the two things are very, if not completely, unrelated.
Saying "they deserve it" when you have no idea who "they" is a very unrespectful way of jumping to conclusions.

You are right, there are bigger fake gurus out there, but you are missing the point.
We're not saying "kill all gurus" or "put all gurus in jail", we are just not advocating what they do.
I know that people will always fall for this stuff eventually, but isn't it the duty of all to help these people be better informed on what they are getting into before they do (which is what that youtube channel is doing)?
It's the same reason why we educate our children on drugs. Does that stop them from doing them? Not really. So what? Should we stop educating them and defend what the dealers are doing because who knows where else these horrible people would spend their money on?
Ridiculous.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom

These are grown men, age 21-35 (sometimes older) who have access to the internet, and have at least went through high school in the 1st world.

There is no elaborate emotional or sophisticated scheme/manipulation going on, at the end of the day, these people are DESPERATE, so they will fall for THE MOST BASIC OF TACTICS....hence why you see all these stupid ads like "I'm A Hot 19 Year Old College Girl Looking For Someone Like You To Sleep With" or "I'm Making $400,000 A Year Without Doing Any Work, Spend $1997 And Find Out How I Did It" ----- even a child could easily see through this BS, so why do internet marketers spend thousands of dollars on these stupid ads?

---> BECAUSE THEY WORK <---

Fake gurus only need ONE condition to thrive: a group of desperate, frustrated people looking for anything that can improve their status in society. These people do not need sophisticated emotional ploys to be influenced, they are so desperate that they will force themselves to believe in the story because they HOPE for a better status in life and to feel significant without doing the work required.

Internet gurus like Tai Lopez and Dan Pena are only notorious because of the nature of the things they are selling. Some of you guys really think (laughably) that there will be a day when most people will use their common sense and stop buying from fake gurus, WRONG.

Where there is a market of desperate, bored, lonely and frustrated individuals, there will always be an abundant supply of gurus ready to sell them on their hopes and dreams.
I don't know. Its not providing real value and being straight up predatory. Not a very ethical way to approach your products and customers. I understand your premise "it works", but basically scamming people? Nah that aint no fastlane, thats just evil.

ecommercewolf

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jan 8, 2019
Dallas, TX
Something always seemed off about this guy.

Just a quick glance at his videos and Instagram profile and it's obvious to me who he's marketing too... continually churning and burning new desperate people looking for a shortcut to success.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018

No man.

Just because some people are easily manipulated due to life/genetic circumstances that doesn't give ANYONE the right to do so.

Even if at the end of the day we blame the victim, because it was his choice, the biggest blame should be on the people doing the manipulation.

I have many life stories from people I know who fall for this all the time, but it's not the place to write them here.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
He doesn't teach Cold Calls.
He only teaches Warm Inbound Leads.

I gotta say his YouTube free videos as Free stuffs = That's good enough

When it comes to Sales, I like Uncle G & JB. That's it.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
- Spent 2,500 on course.
- Spent 2k on upsell
- Spent 1k on trip

So the question is, is the course worth $2500?
Is the upsell worth $2000?
Is the group worth $200/mo?
Was the trip worth $1k?

Let's say the answer is yes to all of them.

Then the question is, was the upsell done under pressure or in a shady manner?
Could he easily cancel the $200/mo group?
Why did he go on the $1k trip?

To me a scam, is when you purchase something and it is nothing like how it was presented. So maybe when he paid $2500 and he didn't get the value, they told him all the value was in the $2000 upsell?

But staying in a group for 6 months? After 1 month you should know whether its worth it or not.

Then going on a trip afterwards? WTF is up with his decision making?

GatsbyMag

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 20, 2016
Just to clarify for the above responses; the entire point of my argument is that educating these desperate people does not matter because they WANT TO BELIEVE IN A GURU.

Furthermore I still put blame on the victims in this particular case because they choose to disregard the facts that are presented because of their desperation.

If you have internet access, $6000, a basic level of education, live in the 1st world and on top of that, you're a grown man - really no excuse.

If I'm objective, the blame is both on the manipulators and the self-acclaimed "victims", but at the end of the day, it's kind of a symbiosis where the manipulator gets $$$ and the victim gets the feeling that they are succeeding & when they realize that the course was a waste of money, they get to attribute the cause of failure to the guru and move on with their lives.

Also, MJ DeMarco has mentioned on this forum that gurus are on fastlane, it's even in his book, 'The Millionaire Fastlane ' (have you read it? refer to the early chapters where he starts talking about guys selling seminars)

You can call me ignorant all you want, I'm sure everyone you disagree with is ignorant as well.

Consider this everyone, life isn't all roses, sometimes what is considered immoral is right. Not all the time, but sometimes.

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
This kind of gurus, and every kind of sect leader, are not just preying on desperation, but on ignorance.
Ignorance of how manipulation techniques work, and ignorance of basic economic and scientific principles.
The less quality education an individual has, the higher the probability of him falling into a scam. The number of "wizards", vodoo practicers and fortune tellers is high in analphabet societies, and is almost zero in highly educated ones.
And being ignorant is not a choice you consciously make, precisely because you're not conscious there's a choice to be made.

So any form of manipulation, from the dirtiest magical tarot/vodooo/potion-selling, to the high-end sales funnel countdowns we might be learning in our entrepreneurial pursuits, is a form of preying on the weak.

For us here, getting out of the script has been a conscious choice (edit: was it? I got the Unscripted book by chance...); for others, it will never be a choice unless they're helped by wiser people.

It all summarizes in this two questions:

- What do we consider dishonest practices or manipulation?
and,
- Is everyone really responsible of his own choices?

But these are also the main questions in the Communism vs Capitalism debate....

By the way, being used to work with resin I had given a lot of thought to making and selling orgonites to magical paraphernalia shops.
They're resin pyramids, super easy to make, and super easy to overprice, because they're "magical". They supposedly absorb bad energies.
I never did it... even if I were to sell just to shop owners, the thought of taking indirect part in a scam revulsed me. And, as value is relative, if I dressed up and did the proper "rituals" to these pyramids, (which I believe nothing of them btw) I would theoretically be adding real value to the buyers...

Last edited:

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
Sales courses are stupid if they don't emphasize it is a numbers game based on putting the right offer in front of the right people.

You could be a smelly manure covered farmer, but making 100 calls to find the 1 yes will still work.

As you get more polished, you can increase to 50 calls for 1 yes or even 50 calls for 2 yeahs.

Experience will teach you the best times to call and the right tones. The epiphanies will only come if you truly redline it and execute beyond your comfort.

Making 500 cold calls to businesses in a week will teach you a ton about sales. Every 50 calls or so you can pivot based on the objections and feedback.

A course can only slightly shorten the learning curve.

Direct response is like cold calling without having to spend the time. Instead, you spend the money to find the needles in the haystack.

Experience will teach you how to keep your costs down, and how to target people. But you will have to pay your dues by getting enough feedback and untangling your pipeline step by step.

Sure there are tons of sexy techniques. But buyers are buyers and warm leads are best followed up with diligently.

Being clear, relevant and genuine are the best ways to keep your downside down.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Courses are basically premium packages of cheap guru contents that are available in books.

Starbucks coffee are a “scam” since self brewed home coffee cost less than 50 cents.

The issue is poor financial decision. Just buy books for knowledges and the money could be be spent elsewhere.

Business and personal growth takes time. Even Elon Musk was to personally conduct a “one week course” for them they aren’t going to graduate into millionaires in a few weeks time.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
It is more about expectation management and sound financial decision (based on your purchasing power).

I attended a Tong Robbin three days event for free, an invitation by my client who has an additional complementary ticket, that would cost over 2k if I buy myself. In that event I realised 2/3 of the demographic are loaded, making 100k a more a year. 2k is not a lot to then compared to someone with no money and trying to start his first business.

Ubu_roi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
333%
Jul 24, 2018
Europe
I totally understand that the "victim" should take full responsibility in falling into the trap. This is beyond doubt.​
But I also think that some of you are misguided in thinking that an ethically wrong practice can make a sound business.​
@Kevin88660: A coffee is a coffee: if I want to pay 10$ for it, I'm aware I'm paying for the guy who makes it, for the real estate of a nice shop, the furniture, the cleaning, the brand, the experience. I find nothing wrong into that, as long as the seller doesn't imply that drinking coffee will make me sleep well, keep me in perfect shape, and live happily ever after.​
@biophase : The guru object of this conversation doesn't promise you'll become rich, but just "implies" it (have a look at his web site). It's probably not illegal, but he has built a system that makes its profits from un-informed people, giving very little value for the price he asks. This may be legal and as you say the "victim" may be as responsible as the guru, if not more. Still, don't you find it a disgusting way to make business? Especially you that gave so much value here in this forum?​
I realise talking about ethics is a slippery path: but I just cannot stand these fake guys and their practices.​

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
I totally understand that the "victim" should take full responsibility in falling into the trap. This is beyond doubt.​
But I also think that some of you are misguided in thinking that an ethically wrong practice can make a sound business.​
@Kevin88660: A coffee is a coffee: if I want to pay 10$ for it, I'm aware I'm paying for the guy who makes it, for the real estate of a nice shop, the furniture, the cleaning, the brand, the experience. I find nothing wrong into that, as long as the seller doesn't imply that drinking coffee will make me sleep well, keep me in perfect shape, and live happily ever after.​
@biophase : The guru object of this conversation doesn't promise you'll become rich, but just "implies" it (have a look at his web site). It's probably not illegal, but he has built a system that makes its profits from un-informed people, giving very little value for the price he asks. This may be legal and as you say the "victim" may be as responsible as the guru, if not more. Still, don't you find it a disgusting way to make business? Especially you that gave so much value here in this forum?​
I realise talking about ethics is a slippery path: but I just cannot stand these fake guys and their practices.​
Is high margin products unethical?

Ferrari? President Suites hotel rooms?

The problem is that if they bought Dan Lok’s books and just watch the free videos they won’t feel the pain, and probably obtained for more value than what they paid for.

It is all about the price they paid.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
Is high margin products unethical?

Ferrari? President Suites hotel rooms?

The problem is that if they bought Dan Lok’s books and just watch the free videos they won’t feel the pain, and probably obtained for more value than what they paid for.

It is all about the price they paid.
No trainer will guarantee results for sure.

I do not think Dan tricked them with an implied guarantee that was conceived as a certainty.

But I would say both partIes are at fault if the 2k package is nothing more than “mindset” and those free stuffs he gave out.

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
He doesn't teach Cold Calls.
He only teaches Warm Inbound Leads.

I gotta say his YouTube free videos as Free stuffs = That's good enough

When it comes to Sales, I like Uncle G & JB. That's it.
His free content may actually be good: the free content is always the best you will get, that's essentially his funnel to make you feel like if you pay more you'll get better. If anything all of his knowledge/secrets are in the free stuff

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.