Dark Water
Software Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2014
- Messages
- 1,823
Rep Bank
$4,619
$4,619
User Power: 275%
Two very good videos:
James Jani level overview:
View: https://youtu.be/v5H3bonLIeA?si=mG-rbbMGgeR-xtIn
A techie's overview:
View: https://youtu.be/nZ8Qujll_ms?si=-eNgTq_8gPJQ-pOk
Apparently lots of comments on the video saying it was his first video & they're wondering how it went so viral.
Was a great video, wondering how he made it. I can see it being very easy to generate the script with Google Deep Research, maybe NotebookLLM, and compiling together the topics. If you have the precursory knowledge then it's not difficult to fill in the gaps. Not sure about the editing front.
But, 500k views in 6 days. How much is that worth these days? He must've gamed the system / pushed this with an existing community or school or something.
It's not just Gemini Vs ChatGPT for me.
I use Gmail, Google Drive, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Calendar, Google Maps, Google Meet, Google Tasks, Google Chat/Spaces, Google Photos, YouTube, Google itself.
I don't have to copy/paste from my Gmail into ChatGPT and back. I can link a Google Sheet within a chat with Gemini and it can analyse the data.
NotebookLM is astounding.
I haven't even touched Google AI Studio yet.
This afternoon I finally started using Google Assistant on my phone, testing how it can set alarms, Google Calendar entries, etc.
I may get a Pixel phone next time to integrate more fully. And maybe even a Chromebook to see what the fuss is about.
Oh yeah, I use Chrome too.
That's as a consumer / small business owner.
Whenever I grow an email list I'm amazed at how many Gmail addresses there are.
I'm amazed at how many views videos get on YouTube.
I can see Gemini being used within tools everyday folks use ... everyday. Which is just more and more data they're collecting, and which also makes it less and less desirable to move from their ecosystem.
I'm also looking at Google Cloud Services now, with Vertex AI which is their more corporate/enterprise AI storage (I don't know the terminology so think of it as a data warehouse). This is to maybe create an AI trained on my content, and made available internally or externally.
Will medium to large businesses use the Google Stack at any point to host, manage, and analyse their own data?
I knew Google had massive data centres, but I didn't know they made their own chips too.
And they've been scraping and organising data for a lot longer than Open AI has, and apparently has $200+ billion revenue a year and 10,000+ PHds working for them.
Google is an engineering company at heart, and all about collecting and organising data. It's why their interfaces have traditionally been so goddam complicated to use - they assume everyone else is an engineer too.
I knew they were advancing in all fronts horizontally. I just didn't realise they were advancing vertically as well.
Vertex is definitely an arena to get familiar with, I think there are a lot of use cases. Any kind of AI engineering / consulting will really benefit from having familiarity. My SaaS runs through Vertex and so far has 16 active subscribers, and I've all done is create a pretty interface which connects to a custom Gemini 2.5 model with a master prompt. Of course, there's a lot more that goes into it but that's what it boils down to at the end of the day.
And as the models get better, I can just flick that over from 2.5 to the latest to stay on top of the game.
And Vertex, from my research this week, is capable of being enterprise compliant / data safe etc... so this might be how to break into the bigger industries as a small player.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
