Dark Water
Software Builder
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
- Joined
- Mar 25, 2014
- Messages
- 1,826
Rep Bank
$4,619
$4,619
User Power: 275%
For the past week I've been comparing four models: ChatGPT, Gemini, Claude, and Grok. I don't code and I use AI mostly for education, generating ideas, helping with writing, giving me feedback, etc.
I've noticed ChatGPT becoming lazier in answers, recycling what it has already said in previous conversations. It's also more prone to answering right away without any research and making up stuff. I asked it about business applications of Google Flow and it made up what it was - it's an AI video tool but it invented something completely different.
Then there's the cringe-worthy style and too-positive responses, never actually criticizing or being useful if you're making a mistake.
Gemini sometimes has good ideas but it feels too bland and generic, with a very ugly user experience and zero personalization. It feels like chatting with a search engine.
Grok is similarly bland and overly wordy. It tends to give extremely long answers but they're usually very generic.
This leaves Claude which I haven't used much before. Over the last week, I've noticed how much better it is in generating actual creative ideas, following prompts, and providing feedback (even negative). I like its much more beautiful interface and writing style which doesn't feel like your typical AI.
Consequently, after hitting free limits several times, I decided to upgrade to the paid version and will now incorporate it in my workflow along with ChatGPT for quick assistance (which doesn't have such restrictive limits).
I would trust in your decision, there is no LLM which is perfect for every individual and every use case.
On a more meta level, any one of these LLMs can change in a blink of an eye - the puppet masters can change their temperatures, change their personality, or any number of things. Some also offer some level of control - for example, ChatGPT offers settings for warmness, enthusiasm, paragraphs vs lists, custom instructions for tone/style, though you can apply any of these settings to any of the LLMs.
I cancelled ChatGPT. Gemini is my daily driver, for both regular things & deep research. In Google's Antigravity IDE I use both Claude Opus and Gemini. Claude Opus has some serious firepower. Have never tested Grok or Claude for regular purposes.
With that said, Google and Anthropic have a massive partnership, with Claude running on Google's TPUs. These are likely going to be more similar, while OpenAI + Microsoft + Nvidia have their own thing going on.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?


