The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thanks for all the answers

Anything related to matters of the mind

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 14, 2023
Honestly thank you if you answered! I will take your advices and stop complaining.
I edit the Post because I do not think that there will still be any new answers that will not tell somehow the same messages you guys already wrote. I do not think that there is much to say anymore, If you disagree, feel free to post more but for me, that was enough.
PS: I will give my best to make my grammar better.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Raedrum

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
233%
Jul 30, 2019
Hello and welcome on the forum

A lot of people around here, including me, understand very well your feelings

But if you are still in high school I strongly suggest you finish that at least. Not having high school degree is very handicaping.

Then, university can be very different (for the better, or the worst), but if you are that clear with school maybe it's not for you.

Yes, work can be very worst that school because you can be asked to do useless sh*t for assh*les boss, but every work are different. Some people can chain work in factory and do well with that, when other would be driven mads.

If you are that clear with school, I suggest you finish high school and then take a year of work, grab money a work on business on the side. Then you can decide if you want to take back studies or continue working.

The thing is to move and test things fast, the youngest the better.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Feeling superior to others will hold you back in life. Especially if you have nothing to back it up with. Finish school, start working, and develop side hustles on the side.

Quitting school to start a business is the Disney version of entrepreneurship.

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Do you know that entrepreneurship mostly requires you to do things that you hate? Most of the time you have to deal with arrogant people to get business off the ground.

This mindset won't make you last for a year in this forum.

Sorry.

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
This is a pretty classical response from a teenager who normally quits the forum or doesn’t provide value..

I wonder where this is going to lead..

A piece of advice: instead of sitting down and complaining about school, how about you go and do something.

But until then..

Im just going to kick back and snack on some popcorn…

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 14, 2023
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am sorry if I sounded very arrogant and it is true that I cannot really back that up. My point was more that I think that school is very useless and it requires way more afford than the price you get for it. I think it is true that as an Enterpreneur you need to do a lot of things you hate. But I think there is a huge difference between doing things you hate in enterpreneurship and school. In school you might get a good grade for working your a$$ of that honestly does not help you much in life if you want to persue financial freedom(except maybe slowlane). In enterpreneurship you might get Freedom(financial,locational,timebased). Therfore to do something you hate or dislike is much more profitable.

All in all Thank you for your Honesty!

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Well, if you get a good idea but it requires good funding, thats when you getting a proper education can help.

Also, if you drop out of highschool, and your business fails, what are you going to do?

In business, you have to work your a$$ off to start off.

There’s a big difference between “working” for 7 hours and working for 1 hour though.

Its fine though, most teens are really arrogant and can’t admit to it, so you already showed that you can actually admit your wrong..

It’s up to you what you do, but I’d suggest you atleast stay in highschool.

Im planning on going to uni even if I have a successful business, if I should suggest a thread to you.

Its go read this Thread

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I will rather live broke in a home with just enough money to eat sleep and shower than as a successfull lawyer that works 10 hours a day.
A successful lawyer works more than 10 hours a day. Young people should aim better than just having enough to survive.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
In 3 Days School Starts Again, And I Am Already Full Of Hate! That's a strong, typical response from a high school male. I didn't know many guys in HS that were happy about being there. Most would boast or show off about how exceptional they are and complain about how all the adults are holding them back. Actions speak louder than words. Take some spare time to show everyone what you are made of and your vision. Growing up means you will allow external situations to have less affect on how you feel. You should know from your kickboxing that you cannot allow your opponent to get into your head and affect how you react.

Grammar police warning(the teacher in me) "Teached" is not a word and using it as you do makes you come across as needing to pay more attention to your lessons. Correct grammar and writing is used in copywriting and presentations. Of course, math is used in business as well. Science and social studies could lead to an idea to that needs to be solved for profit. I am not sure what other subjects you are studying, but you should develop the mindset to look for opportunities to apply your new knowledge.

I do like @Lex DeVille's idea about the fight club. But you need to stay in school until you have a solid, proven alternative.

Good luck.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
If you struggle to finish high school, which is M-F usually around 8am-2pm, you will struggle to be an entrepreneur which can be Sunday-Sunday, 24 hours a day.

Finish high school.

Quitters quit. Winners persevere.

ramony

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 11, 2023
If you struggle to finish high school, which is M-F usually around 8am-2pm, you will struggle to be an entrepreneur which can be Sunday-Sunday, 24 hours a day.

Finish high school.

Quitters quit. Winners persevere.
Well said!.

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
The victim mentality leads to a frustrating and lonely life. Everyone is a jerk. Everything sucks. Yadda, yadda...

The good news is that you can change it. Stop complaining about school and teachers. Everything is riding on one piece of paper? Well, then give that piece of paper everything you got. You have to understand that if you keep looking at things this way, business will be the same.

"Nobody wants my product because they're all stupid."

"The game is rigged."

But if you beat that mentality, it turns into this:

"Maybe I need to do some more research on what the market wants."

"There's a path for me to succeed, I just need to find it."

Endy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
57%
Aug 14, 2023
Haiti
Thank you everyone for the feedback. I am sorry if I sounded very arrogant and it is true that I cannot really back that up. My point was more that I think that school is very useless and it requires way more afford than the price you get for it. I think it is true that as an Enterpreneur you need to do a lot of things you hate. But I think there is a huge difference between doing things you hate in enterpreneurship and school. In school you might get a good grade for working your a$$ of that honestly does not help you much in life if you want to persue financial freedom(except maybe slowlane). In enterpreneurship you might get Freedom(financial,locational,timebased). Therfore to do something you hate or dislike is much more profitable.

All in all Thank you for your Honesty!
Don't focus on what you don't like. I agree it can looks useless, but don't finish it in order to find a job, think to finish it in order to have more time and concentration to work on your business. With a good entrepreneur mindset you'll certainly find someone in your school who'll have it too. For example i was in a school that i hated but i met some guys who love entrepreunership, the process to make businesses and want to be the best. I hanged out with them, I discovered the passion for books, one day i find out "The millionaire fastlane " and today i'm here, in this forum with the solid resolution to change my life. If all my focus was on what I hated in school, God knows here was a lot of things to hate, I'd probably not where I am today. So be more humble with life, thank for what you have, concentrate on the positive things and develop your successful mindset, champion.

Tyler_Durden

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Aug 14, 2023
Honestly I did not thought that so many people would comment. Thanks I really appriciate every advice, comment and criticizm. I will make the best out of my Situation and STFU. The Schoolsystem is a mess but @Endy you are right, there is at least one guy I am friends with who is also interested.
It also is an honor to get an answer from you @MJ DeMarco himself, I mean I just bought you second book and you are a real person that took the time to answer on my thread.(Normally Celebrities or Authors do not care)
All in all thank you(reader) and have a good day!

Caminsky

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
131%
Dec 27, 2022
Texas
Honestly I did not thought that so many people would comment. Thanks I really appriciate every advice, comment and criticizm. I will make the best out of my Situation and STFU. The Schoolsystem is a mess but @Endy you are right, there is at least one guy I am friends with who is also interested.
It also is an honor to get an answer from you @MJ DeMarco himself, I mean I just bought you second book and you are a real person that took the time to answer on my thread.(Normally Celebrities or Authors do not care)
All in all thank you(reader) and have a good day!
I was a lot like you in High School. I thought school was BS and coasted through doing the bare minimum. I always thought I was smarter than my teachers, too.

Ironically, I ended up marrying someone who would become a teacher!

School can be frustrating, but a lot of things are frustrating. Failure is frustrating. Not getting an interview is frustrating.

Learn how to deal with frustration.

Heck, if you just become good at managing frustration, you can turn THAT into a business of its own.

If I teach my kids anything, I hope it's to push through frustration and try your best. You won't always succeed. Not every road leads to somewhere good. But eventually, with patience, you WILL find the right one for you.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

The Holidays are almost over, 6 weeks and it felt like a moment of fresh air, a moment of clarity. I never been that productive and spiritual free as I was in those few weeks. But they are over and School starts again.
In 3 Days I will be around stupid arrogant people that get teached by arrogant assholes. Those teaching arrogant assholes will review my affort of a year on a small piece of paper based on how they felt about me as a student and will tell me that those grades are objectivly created.
Those feelings towards school are extremly common, but I feel like the only one who really uses that hate to question the dogma of it.
In a job you get paid, in school you get nothing but a degree that is worthless anyway. I feel like a slave who has to obej and will not even get money or something valuable for it.

I even have some teachers that insist on you working the whole hour! I mean I finished the assignment, why do you want me to do something? Do you like it more if I pretend to still work? Why cant you just leave me alone or have some fun after I worked my a$$ of?

Right now Enterpreneurship is the only way I can escape. I want to thank MJ for the beacon of Hope he gave me through his books.

You might think while reading this "this kid does not know what he is talking about, working is way worse, I would love to go to school instead". If you telling me that working is worse than I will not work a minute in my life in a job if I somehow can prevent it.
I will rather live broke in a home with just enough money to eat sleep and shower than as a successfull lawyer that works 10 hours a day.

All in all F*ck School. Enterprenuership brings freedom and not a good degree. Freedom brings good mental health not good grades.

PS: I am sorry if I swear to much, but I wanted to express my current feelings and situation. If I am not alowed in this Forum to do that than please tell me and I will censor it or something.
I wish you (the reader) a good day and I hope you can find whatever you are looking for.
I was in your boat back in the day.

If you're so smart and hate it so much either test out with a GED, or finish in online school (that way you'll at least kill less time).

No, there's nobody forcing you to stay.

What matters is your next move after that.

You're an adult. Figure out how you'll make enough support yourself.

What you'll learn is living is much more expensive than you think.

That'll lead you to learning how to make more money in less time, which may (or may not!) involve entrepreneurship.

I recommend you quit complaining and figure it the F*ck out.

Last edited by a moderator:

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
Loser: School makes me furious!!!! I’m going to spend time complaining that the system shouldn’t be built like this and I’m a victim!

Winner: School makes me furious! I’m going to direct my anger towards financial freedom so I can get out of this situation since I am in total control of my life.

TeeJay_

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 4, 2023
"in school you get nothing but a degree that is worthless anyway"
Some people also say "in a job, I only get a paycheck".

And then, there are other people who say "wow, I learned so many things that I am a better person now, and I can apply this knowledge to tons of new opportunities I didn't notice before".

So talking about mindset huh...

By the way, saying a degree is worthless is a total insult to millions of people who did their master degree, phd, etc and who are satisfied with their life and certainly help mankind move forward.

Give yourself the permission to grow up and become an adult. You sound 100% exactly like all those kids online who are brainwashed by influencers and their moronic propaganda (i.e. barely 16 years old, maybe not even graduated from high school yet, not even had 1 single job, and pretends to know how "the world works").

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
Honestly, I have this exact feeling until now. I still persist, even in my college years because of my false beliefs that college isn't needed because of Mr. Gates through understanding Survivorship Bias and digging deeper into Sir DeMarco's works.

SudeepRaj

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 22, 2023
Dear Friend,

You might think what your teachers are teaching you is a waste of time. who would use trigonometry, why the labs and all? But doing those works will improve your concentration skills, and working with your classmates teach you leadership and teamwork. Though you hate it now remember its sowing time, it's bound to be irritating. but after a while of this, the spring comes when you go to a college where you meet great people, foster good relationships, and learn networking. life is about handling these winters my friend.
Most adults would love for a chance to be a student again. Make it a challenge. do the tasks, challenge yourself. there is no dearth of opportunity. As MJ says not all the problems in the world are solved. you find a domain which you'll like. And then you could find some issues in that domain that will help you to build your startup. and live your dreams with fulfillment.

Fastline is not about being a glorified merchant or hustler. Its also about getting the skills and working hard at the start. Hope you do well friend.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria