The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Thank You MJ DeMarco, Commandment of Time

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
Almost always my bedtime story :) maybe it's rubbing off on the guys either side of my room, ha.

But seriously, isn't time and freedom the most important. And my new goal. Would likely have been stuck working 80 hour weeks for the next 15 years and thinking I was making bank if not for MJ and his book.
Same!! :):)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MotiveInMotion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Mar 14, 2016
Independent
You want to thank @MJ DeMarco ?

LIVE IT. Make it happen. Escape the grind. Then let him know.

Build a CENTS escape hatch. Then let him know when you break through the other side.

He doesn't need any more fanboys. His currency - his life blood now is success stories.

Beyond that. Paying it forward. Once you get there, get other people there.

Bring this full circle. It's not enough to "like the book." He gets that every single day.

So what? I like the Dilbert cartoon book I read a few years ago. It didn't change my life.

What are you going to DO about it? That's where the new currency is. That is how you finish this.

That is what MJ is looking for.

@Vigilante thanks for putting up this post! I wholeheartedly agree and am thankful for the contribution that MJ has made.

I read TMF the first time around pretty early after I had already dropped out of college, packed my bags and moved to Thailand, and every moment of reading it brought a new change in my mindset, but also my immediate actions. From that point on, I would always be operating, working, and building towards the CENTS principles.

Since then, I've started my site in order to help other young people achieve the mindset of what it takes, and self-dominance, which is (to me) controlling the way you think, add to others, and steer your life.

There's a conglomerate of resources and opportunities that have been molding me to who I stand as today at 22, but TMF was definitely a chunk of the puzzle. I learned that my parents are self-employed, though they own a business, I looked at every single business opportunity through the filters of CENTS and whether they were Fastlane or not. I analyze everything I can and see the many pitfalls of certain paths and the potential high-roads for others.

I'm not anywhere close to where I want to be, but I am heading there every day. I am taking the action and keeping control of my own path just like the book says, and I'm putting this in motion in my life instead of just being "inspired" and then going back to what everyone else does.

I am focused on how I can use my unique talents like MJ has exhibited, for the benefit of potentially millions of other people too.

Thanks again fellas, for everything

Last edited by a moderator:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Bump. I am writing a few words for hopeful inclusion in MJ's new book, and came across this post.

Freedom gave me the ability to relocate to the coast. Freedom gave me the ability to keep a house in Minnesota, which we now use as a vacation house for months at a time. Freedom will put me on the Pacific Islands for a month over the summer.

I take my freedom for granted, but when I slow down enough to smell the plumeria flowers, I am reminded that I owe the freedom to the paradigm shift found within the Millionaire Fast Lane by MJ DeMarco. I'll be tipping back a coconut rum drink in a few weeks in your honor, boss.

fastlanePictorial1.gif

http://www.fastlaneentrepreneurs.com/2011/the-simple-picture-that-can-make-you-millions/

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Bump, since it's a great example of Giving Thanks.

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
This is just a quick shout out and Thank You to @MJ DeMarco.

I have started several businesses, each of which demanded that I work my a$$ off. Some were successful, some were colossal failures.

And because you didn't, I am FREE. I am free to travel. Free to watch E play in the ocean while workers work. Free to live. Free to follow what ever whims or dreams I come up with. (MJ, do me a favor and reread this paragraph slowly, because you would understand what many of the words within mean to me. Don't read over this paragraph quickly. It has eternal value for me.)

I´ve never built a successful business and you´ve built several successful ones so I may be speaking from a place of ignorance but what about the desire to keep on working on your businesses? the vision of future achievement? the excitement of having a goal?

I think this quote from "the one thing" explains the point I am trying to make:

"I can not believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all"

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I´ve never built a successful business and you´ve built several successful ones so I may be speaking from a place of ignorance but what about the desire to keep on working on your businesses? the vision of future achievement? the excitement of having a goal?

I think this quote from "the one thing" explains the point I am trying to make:

"I can not believe that the purpose of life is to be happy. I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all"

I still own a business, and still work. Some days a lot. Some days less. Thanks to @Kung Fu Steve kicking my a$$, I am working more now than I have in a long time. The difference is I am doing it on my terms. I do what I want, when I want. Where I want. How I want.

Freedom creates unlimited opportunities. I will be in Asia next week, presenting an award to my favorite vendor. However, it's on my schedule, at my leisure, and I'll be back when I want to be back.

Your quote is all about legacy. How do you build one? What footprints do you leave? MJ's paradigm shift creates the freedom to work on the things you want to work on. The things that are bigger than you. The things that cause legacy.

I couldn't leave a legacy when my existence was working 60 hours a week for someone else's fast lane. I barely had time to breathe.

I don't desire to work on a business. I desire to change the world, to affect people for their betterment, and to leave a legacy that outlasts me for the betterment of society. None of those are tied to specific business initiatives. Business is just a means to an end.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I think the purpose of life is to be useful, to be responsible, to be compassionate. It is, above all, to matter, to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all"

exactly

when we look at society, most people are here to be part of a system made for them, whether it be capitalism, communism or whatever

but these sytems are means to an end, not the end.

the official end as said by the leaders are : to be happy

i don't want to be happy in an economic system but to stand for my understanding of life and fight for it.

Torobaro

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 30, 2016
Spain
I still own a business, and still work. Some days a lot. Some days less. Thanks to @Kung Fu Steve kicking my a$$, I am working more now than I have in a long time. The difference is I am doing it on my terms. I do what I want, when I want. Where I want. How I want.

Freedom creates unlimited opportunities. I will be in Asia next week, presenting an award to my favorite vendor. However, it's on my schedule, at my leisure, and I'll be back when I want to be back.

Your quote is all about legacy. How do you build one? What footprints do you leave? MJ's paradigm shift creates the freedom to work on the things you want to work on. The things that are bigger than you. The things that cause legacy.

I couldn't leave a legacy when my existence was working 60 hours a week for someone else's fast lane. I barely had time to breathe.

I don't desire to work on a business. I desire to change the world, to affect people for their betterment, and to leave a legacy that outlasts me for the betterment of society. None of those are tied to specific business initiatives. Business is just a means to an end.

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I totally get it now!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior

You freaking rock.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015

Freedom also absolute frightens the vast majority of people out there, that's the real problem.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.