The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Test Business Ideas Quickly & Cheaply - with Google Ads

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I had a chat with a LinkedIn friend today about how business owners can get started and run tests quickly and cheaply using Google Ads.

Hope it helps!

Curious what your takeaways are.

Also... I'd love to know if you think these chats are too "rambly"? Would you prefer them more edited or are you happy listening to a very lightly edited conversation?

The video:
View: https://youtu.be/q_gz6UnAd9I?si=gspaomHwpSFUVxMh

The LinkedIn carousel discussed in the call:

A 5 minute video showing how to get your Google Ads up and running fast:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CYRUS PR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2023
I discussed how business owners can get started and run tests quickly and cheaply using Google Ads with a LinkedIn friend today.

Hope it helps!

Curious what your takeaways are.

The video:
View: https://youtu.be/q_gz6UnAd9I?si=gspaomHwpSFUVxMh

The LinkedIn carousel discussed in the call:

A 5 minute video showing how to get your Google Ads up and running fast:
Didn't know about impression share. Golden nuggets!!! Second video of yours I have saved now ;)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Didn't know about impression share. Golden nuggets!!! Second video of yours I have saved now ;)
Aha... here's some relevant videos I made a while ago:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This is a perfect thread for referring new members looking to test an idea. Thank you Andy!
Thanks. Do you think it was a bit rambly? I'll try to do a tighter version later.

CYRUS PR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2023
Do you prefer Phrase Match over Exact Match? I am guessing you would also want to use negative keywords as well?

Using your method above, wouldn't Exact Match be better for each ad set?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Do you prefer Phrase Match over Exact Match? I am guessing you would also want to use negative keywords as well?

Using your method above, wouldn't Exact Match be better for each ad set?
I start with Phrase Match and watch the search terms. It depends on the keywords. Sometimes Google doesn't do a good job with the matching, and sometimes they do.

CYRUS PR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 18, 2023
I start with Phrase Match and watch the search terms. It depends on the keywords. Sometimes Google doesn't do a good job with the matching, and sometimes they do.
That makes sense, I guess it's good for the discovery/learning period, as it can help you find some valuable keywords.

The cool thing about your method is you can also find good keywords to rank your SEO on as well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
That makes sense, I guess it's good for the discovery/learning period, as it can help you find some valuable keywords.

The cool thing about your method is you can also find good keywords to rank your SEO on as well.
Yes. This informs your SEO efforts.

pixelvendor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Sep 19, 2023
Just watched the video and there's a lot of value in there. I'm a complete noob when it comes to google ads/SEO and this has basically been my first educational piece of content I've ever consumed.

Some of the things you talked about went over my head and I definitely got lost from time to time. All in all I'd say the most valuable thing for me is hearing about your perspective and approach on test running ads.

To give some feedback, I'd personally get the most value from a more structured video format where you take everything from step 1 to the desired outcome while explaining your thought process. (That'd be a cheat code for me)
I appreciate your work and don't say this in a negative manner, I still got a ton out of it.

To give you a little context about me, I'm in the process of finding ways to get a response from my target audience and I'm considering running ads before creating my product to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger. So that's the light I viewed your content from.

Cheers!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just watched the video and there's a lot of value in there. I'm a complete noob when it comes to google ads/SEO and this has basically been my first educational piece of content I've ever consumed.

Some of the things you talked about went over my head and I definitely got lost from time to time. All in all I'd say the most valuable thing for me is hearing about your perspective and approach on test running ads.

To give some feedback, I'd personally get the most value from a more structured video format where you take everything from step 1 to the desired outcome while explaining your thought process. (That'd be a cheat code for me)
I appreciate your work and don't say this in a negative manner, I still got a ton out of it.

To give you a little context about me, I'm in the process of finding ways to get a response from my target audience and I'm considering running ads before creating my product to decide if it's worth pulling the trigger. So that's the light I viewed your content from.

Cheers!
Thanks for watching, and the feedback. It was just a recording of a chat that I thought might help people. I've a mixture of chats, workshops, and really short videos on my channel.

Getting into conversations before creating products makes a lot of sense. You may or may not use ads. Check out "Who Have You Helped?" and "Just Start Already" in my signature.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.