This is the progress thread on my launching a productivity course.
BACKGROUND: I own a cybersecurity company - am quite busy and I regularly post about my cybersecurity services on LinkedIn. This is a side hustle that has shown much more potential than any of the services I am constantly promoting. Over the last 20 years I have created and fine-tuned my own productivity system. I kept the things that worked and threw out the things that didn't work. The system also has a physical manifestation - as I go about my day and complete certain milestones I'm building a tower in "Lego Duplo" bricks every single day.
I was looking at something to keep track of my progress and I happen to have small kids so I stole their bricks

People are very curious about this tower I have on my desk and I always explain it's "my productivity system". I thought it was highly tailored to my situation and it would never translate but I taught the system to one of my colleagues and it seemed to be working for him as well. Very impulsively - about a month ago- I made a LinkedIn post about perhaps creating a pilot course teaching this method.
A day later - I had 25 people signed up to be in the pilot group - and about 10 people on a waiting list.
So I got to creating. I created about 2,5 hours of content - distributed over 12 modules.
The first students are reaching the end of the course and the feedback is -frankly- incredible. Not only are they delighted with the content - they are now all sitting with a Duplo tower on their desk and finding that the method is also adding value to their lives as well.
I once created a speed-reading course - didn't know what to do with it and put it on Udemy. I launched it for 100$ and nobody bought the course.
I put it on for free - and in 2 weeks I had 4000 people subscribe. I put it on sale for 50$ and subscriptions dropped to zero again. I vowed never to make that mistake again.
So I guess I'm in a luxury position. I seem to have created a digital product with proven value.
It's a digital product but with a material manifestation (the tower of bricks on people's desks) which seems to work as marketing as well.
I know a bit about marketing but am by no means an expert. I have no clue about price setting (was thinking about the 150$ range) - building a community around this - etc ..
So I'm hoping to drink from the fountain of wisdom from guys like @Andy Black , @Fox , @Cameraman , @lowtek and ofc @Lex DeVille
Next up is
- Collecting feedback from the pilot group and checking if I don't have to redo some modules
- Building a landing page for the course with the possibility to buy access to the course
- Setting up social media accounts for the course + closed Facebook Course Alumni group
- Creating a LinkedIn post on how people are over the moon with the course and inviting them to join my waiting list
- Also thinking about creating a "productivity podcast"
For people interested in the course itself : here's the link to the waiting list : BLACKLYNX Email Marketing -
BACKGROUND: I own a cybersecurity company - am quite busy and I regularly post about my cybersecurity services on LinkedIn. This is a side hustle that has shown much more potential than any of the services I am constantly promoting. Over the last 20 years I have created and fine-tuned my own productivity system. I kept the things that worked and threw out the things that didn't work. The system also has a physical manifestation - as I go about my day and complete certain milestones I'm building a tower in "Lego Duplo" bricks every single day.
I was looking at something to keep track of my progress and I happen to have small kids so I stole their bricks

People are very curious about this tower I have on my desk and I always explain it's "my productivity system". I thought it was highly tailored to my situation and it would never translate but I taught the system to one of my colleagues and it seemed to be working for him as well. Very impulsively - about a month ago- I made a LinkedIn post about perhaps creating a pilot course teaching this method.
A day later - I had 25 people signed up to be in the pilot group - and about 10 people on a waiting list.
So I got to creating. I created about 2,5 hours of content - distributed over 12 modules.
The first students are reaching the end of the course and the feedback is -frankly- incredible. Not only are they delighted with the content - they are now all sitting with a Duplo tower on their desk and finding that the method is also adding value to their lives as well.
I once created a speed-reading course - didn't know what to do with it and put it on Udemy. I launched it for 100$ and nobody bought the course.
I put it on for free - and in 2 weeks I had 4000 people subscribe. I put it on sale for 50$ and subscriptions dropped to zero again. I vowed never to make that mistake again.
So I guess I'm in a luxury position. I seem to have created a digital product with proven value.
It's a digital product but with a material manifestation (the tower of bricks on people's desks) which seems to work as marketing as well.
I know a bit about marketing but am by no means an expert. I have no clue about price setting (was thinking about the 150$ range) - building a community around this - etc ..
So I'm hoping to drink from the fountain of wisdom from guys like @Andy Black , @Fox , @Cameraman , @lowtek and ofc @Lex DeVille
Next up is
- Collecting feedback from the pilot group and checking if I don't have to redo some modules
- Building a landing page for the course with the possibility to buy access to the course
- Setting up social media accounts for the course + closed Facebook Course Alumni group
- Creating a LinkedIn post on how people are over the moon with the course and inviting them to join my waiting list
- Also thinking about creating a "productivity podcast"
For people interested in the course itself : here's the link to the waiting list : BLACKLYNX Email Marketing -
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
