What's new

A New Effective Productivity System

Anything related to matters of the mind

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
Jan 28, 2022
Messages
1,185
Location
Florida
Rep Bank
$3,900
User Power: 365%
The 3 Rules System
​
I've struggled a lot in the past with trying to figure out WHAT to work on to move me forward.

The reason WHY is because I couldn't see what had to be done right in front of me. Things would just keep popping up in my head and I would scatter my focus trying to do 5 things at once, ultimately getting nothing done.

But after realizing recently that working on the MOST IMPORTANT ONE THING is the goal, I set a system in place that helped me instantly. I'll call it The 3 Rules System

Here's what I did:

On a white board, I made boxes for every area of things I'm trying to accomplish. For example I run a marketing agency for my income and I have goals for audience building on my social media.

I made a column for social media and I made a column for my agency

Then, in those columns, I wrote down EVERYTHING that needs to be done for each of those things to move forward.
For example, if I want new clients for my marketing agency, I need to do manual outbound. If I want to get a new YouTube video out, I need to script, record, then edit it.

After I could SEE everything that needed to be done right in front of me, I decided to make RULES for this system that must be followed.. These rules are based on having 2 4 hour deep work sessions per day.

Here they are:
Rule #1: You can only choose one category per deep work session

Rule #2: You can only choose one thing within each column to maximize on for each deep work session
Rule #3: The only way you are allowed to advance to a new task is if you completely finish the first task

If you do 2 deep work sessions per day, maybe try to work on one thing in one column and one task in that column, and then do the same for ANOTHER column in the next deep work session.

Utilizing this has been helping me a lot..


I hope this helps!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Vji 3 Samit Tztvin
​
O'wi tvsahhmif e muv op vji qetv xovj vszoph vu gohasi uav XJEV vu xusl up vu nuwi ni gusxesf.

Vji sietup XJZ ot cideati O duamfp'v tii xjev jef vu ci fupi sohjv op gsupv ug ni. Vjopht xuamf katv liiq quqqoph aq op nz jief epf O xuamf tdevvis nz gudat vszoph vu fu 5 vjopht ev updi, amvonevimz hivvoph puvjoph fupi.

Cav egvis siemoboph sidipvmz vjev xusloph up vji NUTV ONQUSVEPV UPI VJOPH ot vji huem, O tiv e tztvin op qmedi vjev jimqif ni optvepvmz. O'mm demm ov Vji 3 Samit Tztvin

Jisi't xjev O fof:

Up e xjovi cuesf, O nefi cuyit gus iwisz esie ug vjopht O'n vszoph vu eddunqmotj. Gus iyenqmi O sap e neslivoph ehipdz gus nz opduni epf O jewi huemt gus eafoipdi caomfoph up nz tudoem nifoe.

O nefi e dumanp gus tudoem nifoe epf O nefi e dumanp gus nz ehipdz

Vjip, op vjuti dumanpt, O xsuvi fuxp IWISZVJOPH vjev piift vu ci fupi gus iedj ug vjuti vjopht vu nuwi gusxesf.
Gus iyenqmi, og O xepv pix dmoipvt gus nz neslivoph ehipdz, O piif vu fu nepaem uavcuapf. Og O xepv vu hiv e pix ZuaVaci wofiu uav, O piif vu tdsoqv, sidusf, vjip ifov ov.

Egvis O duamf TII iwiszvjoph vjev piifif vu ci fupi sohjv op gsupv ug ni, O fidofif vu neli SAMIT gus vjot tztvin vjev natv ci gummuxif.. Vjiti samit esi cetif up jewoph 2 4 juas fiiq xusl tittoupt qis fez.

Jisi vjiz esi:
Sami #1: Zua dep upmz djuuti upi devihusz qis fiiq xusl tittoup

Sami #2: Zua dep upmz djuuti upi vjoph xovjop iedj dumanp vu neyonobi up gus iedj fiiq xusl tittoup
Sami #3: Vji upmz xez zua esi emmuxif vu efwepdi vu e pix vetl ot og zua dunqmivimz gopotj vji gostv vetl

Og zua fu 2 fiiq xusl tittoupt qis fez, nezci vsz vu xusl up upi vjoph op upi dumanp epf upi vetl op vjev dumanp, epf vjip fu vji teni gus EPUVJIS dumanp op vji piyv fiiq xusl tittoup.

Avomoboph vjot jet ciip jimqoph ni e muv..


O juqi vjot jimqt!
Jiz Noli,

O xet fuoph tuni sitiesdj opvu fiiq xusl epf zuas qutv quqqif aq op nz tiesdj sitamvt. O katv vjuahjv O xuamf etl zua e gix raitvoupt, og zua fup'v nopf :)

- Jux jet 2 y 4 juas fiiq xusl tittoupt xuslif gus zua?

- Ot vji nipvem tvseop gsun vjev nadj fiiq xusl jesf vu tatveop?

- Emtu jux fu zua tvez qsufadvowi fasoph zuas pup fiiq xusl juast?

O liiq jiesoph ecuav jux vji monov vu fiiq xusl juast ot 4j qis fez. Tuni taddittgam qiuqmi xjun O sitqidv(Jenbe, Deqveop Topcef) emtu monov vjintimwit vu 4j fiiq xusl qis fez.

Qistupemmz O'f muwi vu ci ecmi vu fu 8j fiiq xusl qis fez. Cav O gopf vjev fuoph vuu nadj fiiq xusl gsoit nz cseop epf siemmz nittit aq nz nuuf, tu ov't jesf gus ni vu fu e vup ug fiiq xusl iwiszfez duptotvipvmz.

Ev vji teni voni, fasoph nz pup fiiq xusl juast, O'n puv tasi jux vu ci siemmz qsufadvowi.

O'n dasouat vu tii jux zua'wi uwisduni vjiti ottait.

Vjeplt.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom