The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Stop reading about swimming and jump in the damn pool!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I've said this over and over here.

At some point, you have to STOP reading about swimming, and just jump in the pool.

I found this great tweet on Twitter that summarizes the importance of reading, but also on following up reading with a dive into the pool.

In today's culture, ACCESS TO KNOWLEDGE is at unprecedented levels.

It no longer is about knowledge, it's about application of knowledge through action.

In other words, jumping in the pool, and yes, likely flailing uncomfortably for a short duration.

View: https://twitter.com/bpoppenheimer/status/1666591509829877761?s=20

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

machinistguy

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Aug 22, 2022
DFW, Texas
At some point, you have to STOP reading about swimming, and just jump in the pool.
Lol this is literally how I learned to swim. Mom got sick of me making her take me to the pool everyday then spending all night watching swimming YT vids at night, so I got thrown in the deep end.

Filip R.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 16, 2023
Czech Republic

I found this great tweet on Twitter that summarizes the importance of reading, but also on following up reading with a dive into the pool.

It no longer is about knowledge, it's about application of knowledge through action.

In other words, jumping in the pool, and yes, likely flailing uncomfortably for a short duration.

As someone who procrastinates, struggles with execution and daydreams all day, I can't stress how important actually doing the thing is.
Thank you for spreading the message!

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
346%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmLTLkCBSN8

James in this video says - the self help industry is worth billions of dollars, and any industry worth billions of dollars is trying to get you to do one thing.. Spend more money.

The industry preys on the feeling of inadequacy that millions of consumers have.

The products we buy give us the illusion that we're accomplishing something, but once we peak our head above water, we realize we've accomplished nothing and it was all a facade..

Scary .

From Scott Young's article:

plans.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia

Yes I agree. It can feel uncomfortable to just start doing a thing instead of learning, but you learn when doing the thing. @Andy Black mentioned this in his video with the teens on youtube.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.