The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my Graphic Design Studio - Creatv Studios.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Nasrif

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 14, 2018
Hey guys! I mentioned a few days ago (in my intro thread) that I am starting my business. I work retail at one of my local malls while I attend university in my final year (next semester will be my last). I also recently got a job at my uncles company as a corporate account executive which is purely based on commission right now. So my only source of income right now is my retail job which I want to quit soon so I can invest the time I have away from university towards them. I still haven't decided but I am slowly waiting for either my business to take off or my job at my uncles company to sustain me while my company kicks off.

Basically, I am starting a graphic design studio - Creatv Studios - to help businesses and brands distinguish themselves in the market. I will be providing Logo and Brand Identity Design, Print Design, Design Consulting, and Social Media Marketing.

I got my first client who was a friend who needed some stuff done for his twitch channel so I guess its been a good start :p

Right now, I'm using the time that I have to finish up my website (which is almost coming to completion). After that is done, I can focus on getting clients and reaching my monthly goals.

I have a certain monthly goal in mind but I don't know how feasible it will be when things start rolling. At this point in time, if everything goes according to plan, I want to get at least $9,000 / month.

I will keep try to keep this thread updated with everything that I manage to accomplish!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nasrif

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 14, 2018
I've been constantly working on my website whenever I get the chance and I'm getting some help from friends to reach completion a lot faster. I'm really excited about the progress so far!!

I am done with the home page, unless I have to make changes to it. I'm not sure if I can post a link to show you the progress but I'm assuming not. I'm including screenshots of the home page and I would love to hear some feedback!

Still got ways to go ~

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.58 PM.png
    331.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.50 PM.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.36 PM.png
    321.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.34.17 PM.png
    276.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.33.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 3.33.42 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 17

Xolorr

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jun 4, 2018
Cape Town, South Africa
Looking good!
Going to pay attention to this one and where it goes [emoji91]

Have you looked at the digital marketing guide from Sean and familyrocketship? It’s a thread on the forum somewhere. I think that would help hugely! [emoji1430]

What Niche will you be working in?
Who is your ideal customer and what is their problem?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Cool.

What are you doing to get your second customer?

Nasrif

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 14, 2018
Looking good!
Going to pay attention to this one and where it goes [emoji91]

Have you looked at the digital marketing guide from Sean and familyrocketship? It’s a thread on the forum somewhere. I think that would help hugely! [emoji1430]

What Niche will you be working in?
Who is your ideal customer and what is their problem?
Awesome! I hope to keep this updated whenever ~

I'm also going to start vlogging my experience so I have a video diary. It will also help with exposure to the business. I'm going to be doing this as soon as the website is completed.

And no! I haven't come across it yet.

Right now, I think it'll be focused on the medical industry, but if I can get clients from all around, that would help too. I am currently a student majoring in Science so I'm trying to incorporate that into my client-base but as I said, I will expand my niche if I have to.

My ideal client would be a business that already has a good foundation for a business and are willing to invest into getting a good logo done, or looking to improve their customer base through improved graphics which can bring in more customers. From what I noticed, a lot of businesses don't have good graphics which complement their services and if I were to solve that issue, it would improve their conversion!

I'm also going to dabble on social media marketing for these businesses so if they would like to work on that, I have that option too.

Cool.

What are you doing to get your second customer?

Right now, I haven't been heavily looking at getting customers because I don't have a website I can refer the leads to.

My plan right now is to either cold call businesses or pass around flyers to get local businesses interested. Pharmacies, walk in clinics, and maybe even hospitals I think can work.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Right now, I haven't been heavily looking at getting customers because I don't have a website I can refer the leads to.

My plan right now is to either cold call businesses or pass around flyers to get local businesses interested. Pharmacies, walk in clinics, and maybe even hospitals I think can work.
What makes you think you need a website to refer leads to?

What if you got a lead because someone said “Nasrif is a great graphic designer, go speak to him”?

What would you do then?

What can you do to make that situation happen?

Nasrif

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Nov 14, 2018
What makes you think you need a website to refer leads to?

What if you got a lead because someone said “Nasrif is a great graphic designer, go speak to him?”

What would you do then?

What can you do to make that situation happen?
For previous projects so they know what our work is. It would give them some basis for why they should work with us as opposed to someone else. It'll also give them an idea for the cost to my services.

If that were to happen, I would get started right away by talking to the potential-client. But I don't see that happening unless I have active clients they can refer me to.

My first client, a friend, can refer his network to me based on what I did to him and I can work with them. But what I'm targeting is actual businesses so that they can afford my services.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.