The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Portable Recording Studio ♫

Idea threads

Gavingonz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 26, 2022
Hello Fastlaners,

If you've read my previous posts you'll know I have a recording studio here in San Diego.
I live in a "College Beach Town" where lots of young adults come to Party & summertime is x20 the traffic (random statistic but there is a significant amount more people now than any other season). Today marks one year since I started renting this space and its 90% finished, enough to start bringing people in to Record. (I'll attach some progress photos below:)

There are lots of hotdog and taco carts up and down the strips, they must be making bank because there are nothing but drunk college kids Thurs-Sunday. I've been brainstorming some food cart ideas (E.g. Healthy Burritos/ Salads Etc.) as a side hustle then I started thinking what if I set up a little recording booth up the block (amazon sells Portable ISO Booths for $500 & I'd need a power generator which would be another $500 at most & I have everything else from the Recording Studio that I can take with me.) & charge per person $20-$50 to record a song. Its different and sure to catch eyeballs.
Out of the 1,000 (I think I'm underestimating this number) people that might pass me on any given night I'm sure 10 people will want my services..... 10 is better than none & I'd be stoked to make an extra $200 a day. I like to think BIG but I'll take "small" profits for now to get the ball rolling!

The Goal/Vision reminds me of them photo kiosks you see at a Dave & Busters but instead of photos (I can also take pictures of clients for social media as a way to promote) I'd be "capturing a moment in time through music" which is marketable. I would also be handing out my business cards that just have my Logo & a QR Code to my website on the back where you can book a session for the Recording Studio where I can charge more
(which ironically I ordered from Vistaprint right before getting indirectly roasted by MJ in "Unscripted " Lol.)

I could go on but I'd love to hear some feedback before I pull the trigger on this.

Random Information:
I quit my second Job to replace it with my own side hustle (no more janitor work)
I have about 2-3 months of rent covered (Which I'm selling stock for)
I have $7,000 at the moment (this includes rent)
I'm 23

I NEED TO OWN MY 24 HOURS!!!
I WILL OWN MY 24 HOURS!!!
I NEED TO OWN MY 24 HOURS!!!
I WILL OWN MY 24 HOURS!!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• IMG-1318-Original.jpg
    IMG-1318-Original.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-1303-Original.jpg
    IMG-1303-Original.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-5440.jpg
    IMG-5440.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-5439.jpg
    IMG-5439.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG-5452.jpg
    IMG-5452.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 6

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I would also be handing out my business cards that just have my Logo & a QR Code to my website on the back where you can book a session for the Recording Studio where I can charge more
(which ironically I ordered from Vistaprint right before getting indirectly roasted by MJ in "Unscripted " Lol.)

I'd have been honored to get the Razz, lol.

But, seriously, 23? Holy smokes.

I wish I had the wherewithal then to think more forward.

Anyways, before investing in the equipment, why not put out an offer and see who might bite?

Validate the idea first?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@Kak has described how someone could make bank with portable sound booths that cost practically nothing to build. I don't know where the post is. Somewhere in the Random Chats thread.

Basically, you would go to a local hardware store, get all of the materials to make this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B4ZYM72/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

If you can improve it, (I think Kak suggested adding a chair or desk or something) even better. Then put it for sale on autopilot through Amazon.

I would go this route over a mobile booth.

*Edit* Seems like you may have already mentioned these portable booths on Amazon in your original post. The model is proven and in-demand so it makes more sense to me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gavingonz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
May 26, 2022
@Kak has described how someone could make bank with portable sound booths that cost practically nothing to build. I don't know where the post is. Somewhere in the Random Chats thread.
Interesting, I hadn't thought about selling ISO Booths, that could be a fun route to take.. sure would learn a lot +
This feels more like Chumas approach :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.