What's new

Progress Thread - Starting my first digital business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
Thank you and good question! Since I got this user I've been thinking if I should go back to this project and put some marketing efforts into it. I have a few things in mind.

At the very least, I plan to reach out to him this weekend and see if he's willing to have a quick phone call with me to see how he found me, how it can be improved, and discover the biggest challenges he's having right now and see if I can help at all.

I'll report back...
Lost my only user due to a security incident, my VPS got hacked. Before the incident, I reached out to him to get feedback, he ignored my message twice, then suddenly, I see a reply a few days after, he was complaining that the site was down.

I took a look and noticed that the CPU usage was at 100%, the hacker installed some malware consuming the CPU resources. At this point, I lost interest in the project, and told the client that I'm taking down the project and refunded him. For my surprise, he expressed that he loved the app and begged that I keep it up.

Agreed and I identified the cause of the incident, re-installed the OS, improved security, and I was back in business. However, after I told the client that the site is back up, the hacker was able to take it back down using a different mechanism. Therefore, I turned off the VPS until I have time to investigate the second incident and recommended a competitor to the client.

Next steps:
- Continue pursuing my web-design/digital marketing venture
- Comeback to SaaS/Software product once I master costumer acquisition
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Aqfevi

Siemobif vjev jewoph e gammvoni kuc, cioph e gammvoni tvafipv, jewoph e genomz epf tvesvoph e catopitt ev vji teni voni, ov't puv ietz. Topdi O'n dunqmivoph nz netvist op e nupvj, O'wi fidofif vu qav nz catopitt wipvasi up qeati apvom O gopotj tdjuum (tdjuum jet ciip wisz finepfoph mevimz).

Up epuvjis puvi, O jewi nusi dmesovz up nz neop huem. Nep xovj katv 2-3l e nupvj O dep jewi ep opdsifocmi mogi op nz pevem duapvsz. Nz nehod pancis ot 1 NOMMOUP FUMMEST op piv xusvj. Nz uckidvowi ot vu hiv vjisi xovjop vji piyv 10 ziest duncopoph 9-5, ipvsiqsipiastjoq epf opwitvnipvt.

Piyv tviqt:
- Duni aq xovj e fiveomif qmep vu hiv vu zuas gostv 1N op piv xusvj xovjop vji piyv 10 ziest (fai vjot xiilipf)
- Hsefaevi epf sitani catopitt wipvasi (fai Eqsom 29)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom