The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my first copywriting gig

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Like many of you, I figured I needed to learn the skill of copywriting if I want to start an online business one day.

So I've been studying it for a while now by watching Udemy videos, learning from some of the best copywriters from books and helping people in my community for free by helping them with their websites and copywriting material.

I want to start selling this service now and have my own website eventually, but before I do, I want to build up my skills.

I recently started a Fiverr account to do just that but was wondering if anyone could give me feedback on my gig.

Here is the link:

alexlegault95 : I will write legendary sales copy for $50 on www.fiverr.com

If you have any constructive criticism (or if you think it's sh*t and want to be brutally honest, that's cool too) or any feedback to give, I'd really appreciate it!

Let me know what you guys think.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
People on Fiverr are mainly looking for cheap labour. It's not impossible to get higher paying gigs, BUT...

Why should people hire you?

You have no reviews or credentials. As I said, it's not impossible to get higher paying gigs. But why would people - who use a site made for cheap-a$$ work - go out of their way to hire someone way more expensive, who doesn't even have any proof that he'll give them bang for their bucks?

Have you thought about lowering your rates to get some reviews under your belt? And then raise them to where you are now?

Why do your words sell better than anyone elses? How much better do they sell? What have you done before? What kind of "proven copywriting blueprint" are you using?

Why should I "Click the order button now to get your sales copy today" when you say it takes 5 days for delivery?

Does that help?

AlexLegault

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jun 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
That's true. I guess no one isn't really looking to spend more than 30$ - 50$ unless it's really good.. That being said, it's true that I don't have any reviews yet.

I'll lower my prices and get some reviews under my belt first like you said, and after a while I'll try bringing the prices back up again.

Yes that does help, thanks very much I appreciate it :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.