The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Starting my first business project

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
I am currently in the stages of understanding how to create and manage a website/blog so that I can turn it into a business and eventually be able to monetize it. I created this thread so that I can document what I have accomplished to do with the website at the end of each day and so that this acts as an incentive for me to carry on constantly working on it.

My plans for this project are:
- Be able to monetize a blog from ads.
- Affiliate other products in my posts to bring in revenue.
- Dropship products related to the niche.
- Sell digital products related to the niche.
- Build up an email list.
- Gain experience to be able to create better websites in the future.
- Start making income as a freelance web design.

Feel free to offer me any advice/guidance throughout this thread as I am completely new so I may not be doing things 100% correct in the beginning, but it's the fact that I will be learning along the way which counts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
I am currently in the stages of understanding how to create and manage a website/blog so that I can turn it into a business and eventually be able to monetize it. I created this thread so that I can document what I have accomplished to do with the website at the end of each day and so that this acts as an incentive for me to carry on constantly working on it.

My plans for this project are:
- Be able to monetize a blog from ads.
- Affiliate other products in my posts to bring in revenue.
- Dropship products related to the niche.
- Sell digital products related to the niche.
- Build up an email list.
- Gain experience to be able to create better websites in the future.
- Start making income as a freelance web design.

Feel free to offer me any advice/guidance throughout this thread as I am completely new so I may not be doing things 100% correct in the beginning, but it's the fact that I will be learning along the way which counts!
Bro you come on a forum that's based on a book, which explains why blogs are a waste of time, and then say you will build a blog...

Dude just make a business that actually does something.

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
Bro you come on a forum that's based on a book, which explains why blogs are a waste of time, and then say you will build a blog...

Dude just make a business that actually does something.
How is it a waste of time? Even if I used it as practice to begin building websites which I could then offer as a freelance business, then surely it would still be beneficial?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 11, 2019
A blog with all the revenue sources you mentioned is not a bad idea BUT...

What else have you figured out? Do you know who will read your blog? Do you know what they want to read? Do you know what they will pay for?

Anyone with value to share and a large following on social media could make your setup work - more content on the blog, related digital and physical products here and here, get the course on how I do it here.

But you? Who are you and what do you have to share? Whom are you helping, how, and why is your way better than anyone else's, or is it just: "I'd like to ChatGPT some random articles and sell some China crap without it ever touching my hands, sounds like easy money to me."?

EDIT: If, for example, you document your web design learning journey on TikTok, IG, and YouTube, and then post more detailed content on blog for aspiring web developers to learn from, and sell digital info materials on how to get clients, be more productive, etc., that's totally cool! And have your services as an upsell, even better.

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
How is it a waste of time? Even if I used it as practice to begin building websites which I could then offer as a freelance business, then surely it would still be beneficial?
If you want to learn web design, then learn web design.
You won't learn shit about websites from starting a blog.

Why is it a waste of time?
The first reason is that blogs are a dying thing. Almost noone has the attention span to read full articles anymore. The bigger reason is that nobody will read your blog. Why? Because you don't provide value on there.

Go ahead and make a product. Or sell a product. Or do anything that is not 0 cost and 0 skill to start.

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
A blog with all the revenue sources you mentioned is not a bad idea BUT...

What else have you figured out? Do you know who will read your blog? Do you know what they want to read? Do you know what they will pay for?

Anyone with value to share and a large following on social media could make your setup work - more content on the blog, related digital and physical products here and here, get the course on how I do it here.

But you? Who are you and what do you have to share? Whom are you helping, how, and why is your way better than anyone else's, or is it just: "I'd like to ChatGPT some random articles and sell some China crap without it ever touching my hands, sounds like easy money to me."?

EDIT: If, for example, you document your web design learning journey on TikTok, IG, and YouTube, and then post more detailed content on blog for aspiring web developers to learn from, and sell digital info materials on how to get clients, be more productive, etc., that's totally cool! And have your services as an upsell, even better.
The niche I want to develop the first website off of is a niche which I am passionate about and I know what sort of people will consume that content and I have some understanding of what consumers in this niche would also want to purchase.

The idea about posting on tiktok and ig is also a good possibility, thanks.

Josh Spiller

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Mar 27, 2023
If you want to learn web design, then learn web design.
You won't learn shit about websites from starting a blog.

Why is it a waste of time?
The first reason is that blogs are a dying thing. Almost noone has the attention span to read full articles anymore. The bigger reason is that nobody will read your blog. Why? Because you don't provide value on there.

Go ahead and make a product. Or sell a product. Or do anything that is not 0 cost and 0 skill to start.
Ok, I see your point. I'm not asking for specifics but do you have any examples of the sort of websites which would be worth learning to create so I can build up a portfolio of experience?

Subsonic

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
284%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Ok, I see your point. I'm not asking for specifics but do you have any examples of the sort of websites which would be worth learning to create so I can build up a portfolio of experience?
Look at this offer. The guy is a forum sponsor and as legit as you can get. If you follow that programm you will be making thousands a month by the end of the year.

rafalstepien

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 28, 2023
The niche I want to develop the first website off of is a niche which I am passionate about
Sounds exactly like making this kind of business because you like/are passionate about the area. As MJ said in TMF , the thing that should spark you to start a business is not the passion to the industry but rather the possibility to make money in that specific area.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.