The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STAPLES: The Books you CONTINUE to Re-Read

For any book discussion

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
The Slight Edge
10X
A few others but I pull notes from each book and compile them into a quick reference guide.

Just finished the Slight Edge, great book!

I've probably ordered about half of the books in this thread. Good to hear everyone's faves.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
My personal re-read favorites:

50th Law by 50 cent & Robert Greene - same author as the 48 Laws of Power but this book concentrates on fearlessness and being bold. Two must have strengths for being successful. As i make changes in my life i find more and more relevant information, nearly every page on my copy has a highlight in it.

The Millionaire Fastlane by @MJ DeMarco
- Goes without saying really, have it on audio and 2 paperbacks. Only read twice but audio book over 10x times.

How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis - Love the style of the book like a good story, plenty of gems in there and plenty of encouragement to take action over just having ideas (a key theme in the book)

highly recommend the 50th law great book by robert greene!

also all the books by john maxwell and grant cardone. 10x baby.

another great book is jeffery gitomer the Sales Bible and Influence by cialdini.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
another good book is

questions that sell by paul cherry

executive presence (forgot the author)

the art of negotiation,

robert irwin tips and traps when negotiating real estate

3things

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 17, 2013
Canadia
Ca$hvertising by drew eric whitman
Web copy that sells by maria veloso
Adweek guide to copywriting by joe sugarman
TMF by MJ
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by jonah berger
Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products by nir eyal
The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding by al ries

Also lately enjoyed Small Data by Martin Lindstrom, found it fascinating and will re-read.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Zero to one by Peter Thiel. I read this book right after I graduated college with an IT degree, after interning in a Dotcom for a year and half. Thought I have seen everything and know how the business operates, then I read this book. It's like someone shatters everything you have known then starts to build an entirely new world using their own words, incredible, my life was never the same after reading this book, I've never look at business the same way ever again.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I can't believe Maxwell Maltz's Psycho Cybernetics isn't in here yet. Updated edition by Dan Kennedy, personally I have it on audio and listen to it at least once a year.

In my mind this is the antecedent of all self-help / self-improvement books.

thank you

i say all day long that "psycho cybernetics" is a must read or a must listen in this case.

i even say that on amazon France, but nobody cares

at last, i am happy to read people like you.

it is like i found an oasis of like-minded people in the desert of apathy.

by the way, Jack Canfield's " success principles" book is a must read too .

i reread my favourites pages of my copy once a month to keep the right mindset

AntiGuru

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 17, 2013
Canada
thank you

i say all day long that "psycho cybernetics" is a must read or a must listen in this case.

i even say that on amazon France, but nobody cares

at last, i am happy to read people like you.

it is like i found an oasis of like-minded people in the desert of apathy.

by the way, Jack Canfield's " success principles" book is a must read too .

i reread my favourites pages of my copy once a month to keep the right mindset

Thanks, I have ordered a few books in this thread including this one.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
I can't believe Maxwell Maltz's Psycho Cybernetics isn't in here yet. Updated edition by Dan Kennedy, personally I have it on audio and listen to it at least once a year.

In my mind this is the antecedent of all self-help / self-improvement books.
highly recommend this book as well. i listened to it free via yutube audible trial it was insane!

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Books to re-read every year

think and grow rich
endless referrals
influence
how successful people grow
the sales bible
negotation techniques (schiffman)
People smart

Jake Knight

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
411%
Dec 26, 2014
0847a9dffa746e7bbdd1d9955acb01c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

Guest42354

Hey guys,

Don't know if there's been a thread for this...

There's a lot of great books out there. I'll often read a book and be done with it, but there's some that stick.

Wanted to see what books people continue to re-read?

List for me. These are books I've read 5x, 10x or more:

The Way of the Superior Man - I find this is the best relationship book for men
Getting Things Done - Keeps me focused on organizing my life and clarity
The Millionaire Fastlane - Best book I have to keep my mindset where it needs to be
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor - Practical and motivational to build my RE business

Seeking Wisdom: From Darwin to Munger by Peter Bevelin.

Do yourself a favor and get a copy.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
i forgot to mention thse books:

Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance

Brian tracy eat that frog

Gary keller millionaire real estate book

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
Tim Ferris new book TOols of titans is absolutely enjoyable. and then the robert ringer classic "Winning through intimidation" is a mainstay

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Tim Ferris new book TOols of titans is absolutely enjoyable. and then the robert ringer classic "Winning through intimidation" is a mainstay

yes i have pre ordered Tim Ferris 's new book

it will be available in France nearby christmas.

i try to get my hands on all these kinds of books who talk about strategies and tools of leverage

Tai Lopez agrees with me as you can see since he is pointing at Charlie Munger's almanack

savoir egal graine du pouvoir.jpg

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I agree. Good book.

it is said that these 2 superstars of investment ( Charlie Munger and Warren Buffet ) read all day like crazy

Warren Buffet reads 8 hours a day in order to find one good investment per year.

some years, he can't find one !!

so what's the result of surrounding ourself with mountains of books that we put in our mind ?

why climbing this mountain of books while people are having fun wasting their time at the bar ?

here is the answer :

we become world leaders in our field

in fact, people can't understand us anymore because our awareness is too high for them

here is an example : Eben Pagan 's mountains of books helped him to build his financial empire

Last edited:

lubo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Nov 29, 2015
VT, Bulgaria
I added few books of this list that I haven't had the opportunity to read yet, thank you all for that!
Psycho Cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz (thank you @Ma Co )

Lazy mans way to riches (thank you @BookwormMitch),

I saw that they are a lot of people who like The Power Of Now - I guess I have to start reading it again :)

Thank you guys really appreciated.

The books that I will reread are

My Big TOE(Theory of everything) by Tom Campbell - this book pretty much explains and answers the question that everyone is afraid to answer Why are we here?(Or what is the purpose?). And this book is written by an engineer, there is nothing that is written without proof. Everything is explained and over-explained.
It is a hard read for me so I reread most of the chapters two or as much as I have to to understand it.
This book gave me pretty much purpose and understanding in my life.

The Diamond Cutter by Michael Roach - Oh man where should I start with this one...
Before I started reading this book I was selfish, non-accepting someone with different world then mine, I believed that success is something that just happens to us because of the so many tries that we did.
(Compared to most of the people I'm not successful yet, but I'm content with my life, I have never been so happy with myself and my life).
And now I'm understanding to everyone, I'm accepting everyone, I try to help everyone that is willing(!) to receive my help. Because in the book Michael talks about how to become successful you have to help other people become successful.
And here comes the link between the two books. From the first book you will learn that the universe will reward our actions and thoughts, doesn't matter if they are good or bad(that's free will). In that case if you help other people become successful you will be rewarded with the same success.
In that case if you give other people love(which may be respect, acceptance, understanding and actual love) you will receive it.

And I would reread and rewatch any material by the Silva family(Jose Silva and/or Laura Silva), I love the Silva method.

Notable mentions
Brian Tracy - No excuses
Love that guy
Tony Robins - Awaken the Giant within
Love that book, helped me a lot.
Overcoming Gravity By Steven Low
Taught me how to workout properly

I'm looking out for what you guys are reading(or rereading)

Maxjohan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Mar 26, 2011
Nothing beats the TMF . The reason is that it's a lot of practical advice and plain talk, unlike 95% of all other books. They are more like: A bunch of words that leads to nowhere... so, there's not a lot of tangibility.

The second book I recommend. Was a book posted about on this forum some time ago. The Art of Money Getting - By P.T. Barnum. (it's the same as TMF , plain talk and practical advice)

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
The Science of Getting Rich - Wallace D. Wattles.

Great book. I read it everyday.

there are audio versions of this book. why not listen to it while you are falling asleep at night ?

and you can do others things at the same time like washing your teeth

you get the idea

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
it is said that these 2 superstars of investment ( Charlie Munger and Warren Buffet ) read all day like crazy

Warren Buffet reads 8 hours a day in order to find one good investment per year.

some years, he can't find one !!

so what's the result of surrounding ourself with mountains of books that we put in our mind ?

why climbing this mountain of books while people are having fun wasting their time at the bar ?

here is the answer :

we become world leaders in our field

in fact, people can't understand us anymore because our awareness is too high for them

here is an example : Eben Pagan 's mountains of books helped him to build his financial empire
You've become a professional book reader.

When will you take all this book knowledge and convert it into practical actions in starting and building a business?

I read all the time as well but it's mostly "just in time learning". I read books or other material that relates to what I am experiencing in business. To bring in someone on the opposite end of the scale and provide some balance here, there is Marcus Lemonis. He believes business books are outdated. However, he is a big believer in reading the local and national newspapers daily because they provide the most current and up to date information. He only recommends one book and that's "Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success".

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/29/marc...re-outdated--heres-what-he-reads-instead.html

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
You've become a professional book reader.

When will you take all this book knowledge and convert it into practical actions in starting and building a business?

I read all the time as well but it's mostly "just in time learning". I read books or other material that relates to what I am experiencing in business. To bring in someone on the opposite end of the scale and provide some balance here, there is Marcus Lemonis. He believes business books are outdated. However, he is a big believer in reading the local and national newspapers daily because they provide the most current and up to date information. He only recommends one book and that's "Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success".

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/09/29/marc...re-outdated--heres-what-he-reads-instead.html

thanks for your taking the time to answer.

in fact you american or english speaking guys are lucky. yes you are lucky and here's why :

because english is your first langage and all the good books out there are written in english

so you don't have to suffer to understand a book.

in my case, i am forced to read them while i am a frenchman because they are not translated in french.

90 % of the books i read are in english. 90 % of what i listen , watch or read on the internet is in english

yes my english is average or bad but it is always easier to understand a language that to speak it to be understood.

yes i am taking action and i must first deal with my dad wanting to launch a stupid business with me while he knows nothing at all about it at 70 years old after a life of being an employee.

this is another subject that i will explain in another topic .

since you want to know what i'm doing : i am doing a research to launch a business about well being in the french alps.

but i must first know my customers and i must respect methods ans steps.

i can't go my way and tell people: " come here to see and buy my stuff because i want you to do business my way you stupid customers ! "

i can't afford to endorse ignorance at 40 after a life of being a loser.

Last edited:

Tobore

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Nov 30, 2013
Above and Beyond
there are audio versions of this book. why not listen to it while you are falling asleep at night ?

and you can do others things at the same time like washing your teeth

you get the idea

Thanks, @GMSI7D.

Definitely going to do that!

You're right, audiobooks are truly great. Once, I listened to The Power of Now before going to bed...I was in cloud nine.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.