The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STAPLES: The Books you CONTINUE to Re-Read

For any book discussion

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
The One thing - I might not re-read the whole thing but I like to keep in mind the focusing question:

"What’s the ONE Thing I can do such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?"

Sometimes that one thing is applying knowledge from books, and being wary of over-consumption.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

happybhoy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jan 2, 2015
Ecosse
thanks for your taking the time to answer.

in fact you american or english speaking guys are lucky. yes you are lucky and here's why :

because english is your first langage and all the good books out there are written in english

so you don't have to suffer to understand a book.

in my case, i am forced to read them while i am a frenchman because they are not translated in french.

90 % of the books i read are in english. 90 % of what i listen , watch or read on the internet is in english

yes my english is average or bad but it is always easier to understand a language that to speak it to be understood.

yes i am taking action and i must first deal with my dad wanting to launch a stupid business with me while he knows nothing at all about it at 70 years old after a life of being an employee.

this is another subject that i will explain in another topic .

since you want to know what i'm doing : i am doing a research to launch a business about well being in the french alps.

but i must first know my customers and i must respect methods ans steps.

i can't go my way and tell people: " come here to see and buy my stuff because i want you to do business my way you stupid customers ! "

i can't afford to endorse ignorance at 40 after a life of being a loser.
starting a business at 70 is amazing!

I hope it becomes a success and he employs you as a cleaner for dissing his idea :D

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
thanks for your taking the time to answer.

in fact you american or english speaking guys are lucky. yes you are lucky and here's why :

because english is your first langage and all the good books out there are written in english

so you don't have to suffer to understand a book.

in my case, i am forced to read them while i am a frenchman because they are not translated in french.

90 % of the books i read are in english. 90 % of what i listen , watch or read on the internet is in english

yes my english is average or bad but it is always easier to understand a language that to speak it to be understood.

Why should that be a bad thing? You speak better English than 99.9% of the French (trust me, I work with French people daily) and you keep improving as long as you keep reading it. Maybe you should start looking from the bright sight: you are lucky to learn a language that way. You are lucky to know more than one language. Because of that you have access to the biggest library in the world.

Did you know that several years ago, psychology in France was decennia behind only because they didn't want to read important psychology books that were written in English?

Don't be a regular French dude. Keep reading in English and it will become a habit.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
yes i have pre ordered Tim Ferris 's new book

it will be available in France nearby christmas.

i try to get my hands on all these kinds of books who talk about strategies and tools of leverage

Tai Lopez agrees with me as you can see since he is pointing at Charlie Munger's almanack

View attachment 13740

will def look into munger's book

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.