The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

STAPLES: The Books you CONTINUE to Re-Read

For any book discussion

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
380%
Aug 2, 2013
Hey guys,

Don't know if there's been a thread for this...

There's a lot of great books out there. I'll often read a book and be done with it, but there's some that stick.

Wanted to see what books people continue to re-read?

List for me. These are books I've read 5x, 10x or more:

The Way of the Superior Man - I find this is the best relationship book for men
Getting Things Done - Keeps me focused on organizing my life and clarity
The Millionaire Fastlane - Best book I have to keep my mindset where it needs to be
The Millionaire Real Estate Investor - Practical and motivational to build my RE business

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
TMF is a recent read for me but I've already opened it up again. Other books that I've re-read regularly or use as a reference are as follows:

How To Get Rich
Written by Felix Dennis, a publishing mogul, self-made man and poet. Timeless advice on the journey of getting Rich and the sort of mindset you'll need to acquire if you're to take this journey yourself.

Business Model Generation
All about using the Business Model Canvass. A really useful tool for analysing your business model.

The 48 Laws of Power
I'm going to make quite a statement here, but for me this is better than "How To Win Friends and Influence people". Love everything about this book, the laws themselves are very practical and there are lots of great examples of these laws in use.

Zero To One
Based on Peter Thiels Startup notes from his Stanford class. Very interesting thoughts on how to create a successful startup.

http://www.paulgraham.com/articles.html
Not a book so sorry for cheating but the only blog that i've actually re-read some of the content several times. Although some of his essays have been bundled together in a book as well called "Hackers and Painters". Since Paul has started his own business as well as started the Y-combinator incubator he has saw a lot of successes and failures and his thoughts are priceless. In my opinion.

The reason I liked The Millionaire Fastlane so much is that it combines a lot of the thoughts from the sources i've mentioned above and really hammers the points home.

I haven't been reading as much as I usually do the past few weeks as I've been concentrating on taking action but I do still love reading and the above mentioned are well worth the time.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
The Millionaire Fastlane , How to win Friends and Influence People, and 50th law of power.

I've been thinking of reading the 50th Law. By the same author as the 48 laws of power. Wasn't sure if i'd find the whole 50 Cent thing a bit cheesy, but if you recommend it, I will check it out.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
I've been thinking of reading the 50th Law. By the same author as the 48 laws of power. Wasn't sure if i'd find the whole 50 Cent thing a bit cheesy, but if you recommend it, I will check it out.

It ain't cheesy at all. Great book!

TMF is the main one I go back to, and How To Get Rich by Felix Dennis.

Leo Hendrix

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Apr 15, 2014
The Millionaire Fastlane - Listened to on Audible twice for a reworking,mental refresher. Most probably come back to it again.

Ready Fire Aim - still reading now but it seems strong as a future reference point to come back to.

EE7

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Sep 3, 2013
I read/listen to a new book every week or so for about a 3 month spree. After doing so I always come back to the anchoring text The Millionaire Fastlane to tie it all together.

JakeVW

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Jul 27, 2016
Still reading TMF , but some other books that have motivated and inspired me are:

Think Big and Kick a$$
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People
Think and Grow Rich
How to Win Friends and Influence People

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

JDx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
May 11, 2016
Amsterdam
The Definitive Book of Body Language
Law of Attraction - currently reading this but will definitely be reading this again soon to get the hang of this more.
TMF - I re-read a random chapter occasionally for refreshment

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
The Definitive Book of Body Language
Law of Attraction - currently reading this but will definitely be reading this again soon to get the hang of this more.
TMF - I re-read a random chapter occasionally for refreshment

Give the lazy mans way to riches a read.

The Monk who Sold his Ferrari
How to have confidence and power in dealing with people
courage - the joy of living dangerously

I mostly read books I haven't read yet, I have a stack unread at home, on my iPhone and of audiobooks to get through, but the lazy mans way to riches is excellent to reread, probably because it's so short and to the point. There's a few forum motivational posts I reread very often too.

LifeTransformer

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Feb 20, 2015
Moving the lazy mans way to riches to the front of my cue. Thanks @BookwormMitch

I forgot to mention 2 other books that aren't exactly "staples" but they're full of short snippets that you can pick up, read a bit of, then put down.

Seth Godin - Small is the new big.
Liz Strachan - a slice of pi (math book).

Ma Co

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
362%
Apr 2, 2012
Vietnam
The Power of Now - Eckhart Tolle
A must-read for all who want to extract more of the "enjoy-your-life-juice" out of every single moment (now)

Psycho Cybernetics - Maxwell Maltz
Shadow-box your way to success by mentally imprinting 'positive' behaviors, habits, and getting rid of stupid self-sabotage

Siddhartha - Herman Hesse
Simply beautiful. Charges me up with a lasting positive glow -- every single time.

The Boron Letters - Gary Halbert
Full of little marketing gems. I also dig his natural writing style.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
The One Thing
The Compound Effect
The Millionaire Fastlane

Have to admit my reading game has been weak these past few months though. Between launching a business, day job, working out & GF, something has to give and that is the least important right now. Although I am trying to get 20-30 mins in a day.

Though I do try to listen to at least one podcast episode per day and or read something informative online.

SharkWrestler1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
440%
Aug 27, 2015
UK
How to win friends and influence people
The Millionaire Fastlane
Outwitting the Devil

These books have been fundamental for me and I reread/ listen to them a few times a year!

Also GaryVee's new book ([HASHTAG]#AskGaryVee[/HASHTAG]) is GOLD! Highly recommend the audio version :)

Evil_Jester

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
May 25, 2015
Dallas, TX
TMF is a recent read for me but I've already opened it up again. Other books that I've re-read regularly or use as a reference are as follows:

How To Get Rich
Written by Felix Dennis, a publishing mogul, self-made man and poet. Timeless advice on the journey of getting Rich and the sort of mindset you'll need to acquire if you're to take this journey yourself.

Business Model Generation
All about using the Business Model Canvass. A really useful tool for analysing your business model.

The 48 Laws of Power
I'm going to make quite a statement here, but for me this is better than "How To Win Friends and Influence people". Love everything about this book, the laws themselves are very practical and there are lots of great examples of these laws in use.

Zero To One
Based on Peter Thiels Startup notes from his Stanford class. Very interesting thoughts on how to create a successful startup.

http://www.paulgraham.com/articles.html
Not a book so sorry for cheating but the only blog that i've actually re-read some of the content several times. Although some of his essays have been bundled together in a book as well called "Hackers and Painters". Since Paul has started his own business as well as started the Y-combinator incubator he has saw a lot of successes and failures and his thoughts are priceless. In my opinion.

The reason I liked The Millionaire Fastlane so much is that it combines a lot of the thoughts from the sources i've mentioned above and really hammers the points home.

I haven't been reading as much as I usually do the past few weeks as I've been concentrating on taking action but I do still love reading and the above mentioned are well worth the time.
The 48 laws has become my bible--the book I read everyday.
I pick 2 new laws each day to incorporate into my decision making & dealing with people. This kind of book has to be read daily if you actually want the laws to sink in and be put to use.

nichiseven

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Mar 1, 2016
In no particular order:

Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Starting Strength by Mark Ripptoe
The Millionaire Fastlane
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Alwyn Cosgrove and Lou Shuler
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
Use Your Head by Tony Buzan
The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
Strong Curves by Bret Contreras and Kellie Davis
The Velveteen Rabbit by Kenneth Williams & Margaery Williams

These are books I read and re-read over and over again because they benefit me in some way. I really enjoy them.

Singh

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 27, 2016
UK
My personal re-read favorites:

50th Law by 50 cent & Robert Greene - same author as the 48 Laws of Power but this book concentrates on fearlessness and being bold. Two must have strengths for being successful. As i make changes in my life i find more and more relevant information, nearly every page on my copy has a highlight in it.

The Millionaire Fastlane by @MJ DeMarco
- Goes without saying really, have it on audio and 2 paperbacks. Only read twice but audio book over 10x times.

How to Get Rich by Felix Dennis - Love the style of the book like a good story, plenty of gems in there and plenty of encouragement to take action over just having ideas (a key theme in the book)

Nekoemon

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 18, 2016
Over the rainbow
One of the best action-leading book, since it deals with fear and gives a welcome kick in the reader's a$$.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Zero To One
Amazing book. Probably my favourite writing of all time. Blake did an amazing job and it's mostly his effort that resulted in this book being that good.
I also consider this book being more about vision, second-to-none personality development. It's about attitude towards life.

Green Destiny

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jul 19, 2016
Amazing book. Probably my favourite writing of all time. Blake did an amazing job and it's mostly his effort that resulted in this book being that good.
I also consider this book being more about vision, second-to-none personality development. It's about attitude towards life.
Yeah, I read the class notes he put up so I wasn't sure if i'd get anything additional out of the book, but like you say the overall philosophy projected throughout the book is priceless.

JP Godfrey

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Aug 23, 2016
My top-five re-reads:
Maximum Achievement, by Brian Tracy.
Goals, by Brian Tracy.
The Secret of Success, by William Walker Atkinson.
Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk.
Unlimited Futures, by Bobbie Stevens.

Jazzcat

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jan 3, 2013
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex
Think And Grow Rich - Napoleon Hill (Given to me by my dad for my 14th birthday...dozens of reads..get the 1937 original version and then try to read the Laws of Success is was distilled from)
Influence - Dr. Robert Cialdini (Sales psychology)
Thick Face, Black Heart - Chin-Ning Chu (Inspirational but practical...be nice till it's time not to be nice..self respect!)
48 Laws Of Power - Robert Greene (My go-to reference book for navigating the rough waters of business)
How I Raised Myself From Failure To Success In Selling - Frank Bettger (Old school story with timeless gems)
To Sell Is Human - Daniel Pink (2nd read already from newer release)
The Millionaire Fastlane (3X already...I have given this book to my two daughters and two nephews..what a blueprint)

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
Bob Proctor ( http://www.proctorgallagherinstitute.com ) says that he reads Think and Grow Rich everyday since 1961 !!

i didn't believe that until i saw him with his old copy of TAGR in his hands , reading it out loud before an audience.

Reading, listening, watching the same material over and over help us secure our mind against society's negative thinking.

( just watch the news to get my point..)

the point for me is not really to read the same thing over and over but to read rare ,mind blowing books available thanks to a miracle.

it never ceases to amaze me how such books are overlooked by the public, forgotten on bookshelves in old libraries.

this is unbelievable.

for example: "the 36 chinese stratagems" is an amazing book, better than sun tzu's art of war but nobody cares about this book .

the entire US military strategy is based on this book but very few people are smart enough to harness the power of it for themselves.

very few people are smart enough to say " wait a minute, if military strategy is interested in that, then maybe i can get something useful from it "

think about that for a moment.

you can buy it for a few bucks but nobody cares !

unbelievable

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!