The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sometimes I feel like having read the MFL is a curse :(

Stop_Stopping

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Jun 3, 2013
It's the greatest book ever written on how to get rich without a doubt but sometimes I wish I hadn't read it. I guess it just opened my eyes big time that when I know i'm "slowlaning" It's hard to be happy.

It's friday night here and all my friends seem to be going out and I'm in a coffee shop working on my "goals". I'm moving to a crappy apartment so I could fund my business. I can't even remember the last time I switched on my TV because I know I have to read books instead of watching the Lannisters and the Starks. When I try to live the way I used to , I don't have peace. I feel miserable whenever I don't accomplish anything for the day. It's like my source of happiness is when I do something that will bring me closer to my goals. When I talk to most people and see how they live I feel different, it's like they're in a F*cking matrix or something. Recently there's this of ex-co-worker who celebrated his birthday on a yacht and he posted the pics on FB as if he's saying "Hey look at me I'm rich!" as if I don't know that it's rented and he's got debt on his credit cards. The worse thing is his friends are like super impressed. Talk about the slowlane.

My point is.... Nothing. lol. just a little rant and just hoping that this really pay off in the end. Happy weekend!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

psaco131

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Mar 16, 2012
Peru
It's the greatest book ever written on how to get rich without a doubt but sometimes I wish I hadn't read it. I guess it just opened my eyes big time that when I know i'm "slowlaning" It's hard to be happy.

It's friday night here and all my friends seem to be going out and I'm in a coffee shop working on my "goals". I'm moving to a crappy apartment so I could fund my business. I can't even remember the last time I switched on my TV because I know I have to read books instead of watching the Lannisters and the Starks. When I try to live the way I used to , I don't have peace. I feel miserable whenever I don't accomplish anything for the day. It's like my source of happiness is when I do something that will bring me closer to my goals. When I talk to most people and see how they live I feel different, it's like they're in a F*cking matrix or something. Recently there's this of ex-co-worker who celebrated his birthday on a yacht and he posted the pics on FB as if he's saying "Hey look at me I'm rich!" as if I don't know that it's rented and he's got debt on his credit cards. The worse thing is his friends are like super impressed. Talk about the slowlane.

My point is.... Nothing. lol. just a little rant and just hoping that this really pay off in the end. Happy weekend!

You either want it or you don't

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Someone tell me why
I chose this life
This superficial lie
Constant compromise
Endless sacrifice

yeahh:icon_super:

Lights

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Apr 13, 2011
On the Internet
I don't understand how it's a curse, on the contrary, it's a blessing. If you were prone to diabetes, but you read a book about how to prevent diabetes, but you have to suffer for it like not eating a donut EVER AGAIN... wouldn't the pay off of never being diabetic be worth it? Death or Life. Slavery or Freedom.

I think when I first read the book, it didn't really impact me until I had to suffer. Responsibilities make you realize that money is fundamental to freedom.

Go to college, get a job, and work till your old and decayed. Your choice.

G

GuestUser8117

In a matrix lol. Yeah you're right. Other folks are fkn miserable, fighting traffic everyday, always stressed out and running for absolutely nothing, unless they value their time and are starting a business. It pisses me off when I'm driving slowly or walking slowly and some stressed person is running into me. I just want to say them :" why the hell are you so stressed? What's the problem, take it easy." What's the point of living if you are always in a hurry. I understand that our time is valuable but you have to live too.

AmyQ

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 5, 2013
I hear you. Both my husband and I have less in common with our friends than we did 5 year ago. We both read and talk about business and money often because it is interesting to us. Many of our friends have settled pretty comfortably into a slowlane lifestyle centered around a job and their family. We simply have less in common with them, but we still care about them, and we consistently meed new people who are fired up about their businesses and lives.

Keep in mind, people like your ex-coworker represent a great opportunity. There is a great demand in the market for people who have the need to show an illusion of wealth.

We all need consumers, consumers who aren't price conscious are particularly sweet. Living in Vegas, I am surrounded by companies that capitalize on this need by offering VIP services and exclusive experiences, both to people who have the means to buy it and people who don't.

Look at it this way, less people who "get it" = less competition in the marketplace and lots of potential consumers.

xxcloud9ninjaxx

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Apr 23, 2013
I know what you mean, once you realize how the world works you can't ever look at things the same way. Personally I get a gross feeling whenever I pass through a community college now and see all these people my age off to become professional consumers. But I'm glad I read the book. I'm glad I'm researching into web marketing and starting my own businesses. If I'd been ignorant of all this perhaps I could have lived an alright life, but looking at it from the viewpoint I have now I feel like I escaped a trap.

I like the matrix analogy, I have a buddy that I've spoken to about true wealth, but he's so hardcore into studying to become a pharmacist and get a "good job" he doesn't stop to think about it very long. SOme people you've just gotta show.

I don't regret reading the book though, on the contrary, TMF and Think and Grow Rich are my two bibles right now. You'll feel better about it once your goals start to become reality I'm sure :)

Chazmania

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
May 23, 2013
USA

I'm laughing my a$$ off right now!! I totally get what you're saying though and that discomfort is a blessing. Kinda like being disgusted about being totally out of shape and hitting the point that you get serious about training in the gym. It's funny because the book shifts your paradigm and yes there is no going back lol!! Embrace the pain!!

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
I think when I first read the book, it didn't really impact me until I had to suffer. Responsibilities make you realize that money is fundamental to freedom.

Ain't that the truth. You gonna need money for everything. Daily work, for the REST OF YOUR LIFE. That sucks. But having the CHOICE of how to work the rest of your life, that's the treasure.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.