The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I feel like I'm wasting my time

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Pietro01

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 4, 2020
Italy
Two weeks ago I started University. I am Italian and I chose to study business at the University of Bologna, teached in English language. I decided to start it because it's really important for my parents and, in Italy, a college degree is still seen as fundamental to work. I don't really agree with that statement, but I decided to study business in order to learn how to manage a company, which may be really usefull in my fastlane journey. This university also offers the opportunity to add interesting things, like additional courses (entrepeneurship, public speaking etc) or internships abroad.
Last week I started to attend lectures of management, microeconomics and law and I am really disappointed. Maybe it's too early to say it, but I feel like all the things we are studying are useless, and the few that aren't I've already learned by reading books on my own. Before starting, I was hoping to meet a lot of interesting like minded people, but the ones I've met so far only think about partying and girls, have no idea what they are doing with their lives and don't even understand the things we study. They are future typical M.O.D.E.L. Citizens.
Now I don't really know what to do. If I dropped out, I wouldn't have any idea about where to start. The best advice which successful people give to young people like me is usually to get out of the comfort zone and to start to have as many experiences as possible, but really I wouldn't know where to start.
Maybe I should try to learn some useful skills online while I'm at university and find a part-time job to finance potential future businesses.
Ok I really needed to share those thoughts somewhere, I don't know if someone may be interested ahahah.
I read again what I wrote and it's actually very confusing and written in a bad English. I'm sorry for that.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

dario

New Contributor
Nov 14, 2012
I would try to make the best use of my time at Uni:
  • Studying (copywriting and marketing at first)
  • networking with successful people
  • not attending many parties but choosing the best ones only
  • starting some side-projects in order to learn how to become financially independent

Jasper S

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Jul 14, 2020
Chicagoland Area
I would definitely recommend finding and joining entrepreneurial groups while you are there. I was in my last semester of college when I discovered some of the resources, groups and people involved with entrepreneurship through the university. I wish I would have found out about this when I started, but sometimes such is life :happy:

Ismail941

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
May 7, 2019
Ask yourself these 2 questions:
1) About Italian Market: What Can I Bring to the Italian Market Table?
2) About Time Management: Am I respecting my time? -> "Time is non-refundable"
-----------------------------------------
Make sure whatever your Niche/Field/Major is, it has to be Demanding in the Marketplace that way you can make money afterwords. Visualize what is going to happen in the next 3 years.
So try to understand and realize the Italian Market. The More the Merrier.
Do not just blindly go in and become an echo-chamber. If you do, it is a time waste.
-----------------------------------------
Quick Assessment:
1) Can you spot a Problem in the Italian Market/Gen Pop?
2) Can you offer something about it?
3) Can you help people by solving a problem?

Something like that

Of course all these above takes some time. Learn and Test/Experiment like a Mad Scientist.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
Great post @Fox, very much appreciated! How can I reach out to you? I sent you a PM a while...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Hey @Lex DeVille ! Having some issues with the NOREGRETS code? Udemy thinks it has expired...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
Are you looking for a new, lesser-known but potentially very lucrative source of leads to your...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
I read it yesterday, looks like a nice introduction for reading TFM or Unscripted. ; ) Also...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Just got off the phone with @LightHouse. Having just a 45 minute conversation with him has...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom