The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So you want to move to Scottsdale?

The Duc

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
May 18, 2014
AZ
You grew up in AZ...yet still do that thing people that dont know AZ do and assume the entire state is just desert?

Not at all, but it's not really a tough choice whether to spend the summer in Greece or Flagstaff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Ok so for whatever reason Tapatalk didnt post my replies yesterday.

Anyway I landed about 7:30AM yesterday. Soon as I pulled outta the airport I was in love with the scenery. It's beautiful here. Also it was 110F yesterday and I honestly was fine. Sure it was hot but it was comparable to 85 with humidity back in Pittsburgh. I noticed I was barely sweating yesterday.

First meal, like I said was In-N-Out. Destiny fulfilled and it was amazing.

Spent most of yesterday relaxing, riding around Scottsdale, etc. Went out to a couple bars on Mill Ave in Tempe. Fashion Square is huge! The clubs in Scottsdale looked crazy! Took a ride to Old Town but it was fairly dead yesterday. Guess cause everyone's outta town right now?

I Airbnb'd a house in Scottsdale just off the 101 and E. McDonald. Pretty cheap, recently remodeled, love it.

I expected the prices of everything to be insanely high but they really aren't.

Today I'm gonna take a ride to North Scottsdale, fill out apps online, schedule apartment visits, maybe ride over to Phoenix.

Tomorrow gonna ride over to Cali probably.

I realize I wrote a short novel on my itinerary but I'm super hype right now.

Now I see why so many people on the forum got more motivated by moving here.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Just a couple quick ones I snapped of the scenery/neighborhood to show my family.

But yeah, I don't think it gets a ton better than this. :cool:

PS. Sorry on the off-chance the house in the bottom one belongs to anyone here :D

oPFuFt2.jpg

mEJHDvK.png

Last edited:

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Just a couple quick ones I snapped of the scenery/neighborhood to show my family.

But yeah, I don't think it gets a ton better than this. :cool:

PS. Sorry on the off-chance the house in the bottom one belongs to anyone here :D

oPFuFt2.jpg

mEJHDvK.png

You should check out Sedona if you get a chance. Well worth it and its an easy ride north about 2 hours.

What apartments are you planning on checking out?

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
You should check out Sedona if you get a chance. Well worth it and its an easy ride north about 2 hours.

What apartments are you planning on checking out?
Honestly as of right now I havent gotten much of a chance to really sit down and gather numbers and do research online. I've seen a metric F*ck ton of nice apartments which are all of course outta my price range at this moment lol. But I'm gonna sit down and get a bunch of info together tonight over a bottle of wine [emoji485][emoji16]

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
Honestly as of right now I havent gotten much of a chance to really sit down and gather numbers and do research online. I've seen a metric F*ck ton of nice apartments which are all of course outta my price range at this moment lol. But I'm gonna sit down and get a bunch of info together tonight over a bottle of wine [emoji485][emoji16]

What's your price range?

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Anywhere south of $1000 for a studio/1br

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Took a trip over to California yesterday.

12 hour drive round trip. Getting there wasnt bad. Pretty brutal coming back.

I had no idea I-10 was 200 miles of straight desert after you leave Phoenix lmao.

Irvine, Newport Beach, LA, the hills, Santa Monica. In that order. Went on one of the LA tour bus things lol. Was pretty interesting.

So my immediate impressions are that California is also beautiful, the weather is legit perfect and there is a shit-ton to do, but OMG...the traffic is literally one of those things that you cant fully comprehend until you've experienced it despite what people say.

I basically got a 1 day crash course on LA driving. :)

While it is nice, it's clear that in order to really enjoying living there, you're gonna need close to 6 figures at a minimum to enjoy it.
It's very overcrowded, and honestly I was shocked at how much cleaner Phoenix and Scottsdale are in comparison.

Santa Monica was super super nice but it was packed.

Parking anywhere in the LA area is pretty much outta the question apparently unless you wanna pay $20 to literally just run into a gift shop....

While I was trying to get a picture in front of Muhammad Ali's star on the walk, Johnny Manziel was around the corner buying a Rolls Royce Ghost lmao.

No biggie.

Basically, it was really nice, but until I get myself to a fairly substantial income level, I dont see myself living there.

I'm glad to be back in Scottsdale.

:cool:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

I had no idea I-10 was 200 miles of straight desert after you leave Phoenix lmao.

Irvine, Newport Beach, LA, the hills, Santa Monica. In that order. Went on one of the LA tour bus things lol. Was pretty interesting.

So my immediate impressions are that California is also beautiful, the weather is legit perfect and there is a shit-ton to do, but OMG...the traffic is literally one of those things that you cant fully comprehend until you've experienced it despite what people say.

While it is nice, it's clear that in order to really enjoying living there, you're gonna need close to 6 figures at a minimum to enjoy it.
It's very overcrowded, and honestly I was shocked at how much cleaner Phoenix and Scottsdale are in comparison.

Parking anywhere in the LA area is pretty much outta the question apparently unless you wanna pay $20 to literally just run into a gift shop....

While I was trying to get a picture in front of Muhammad Ali's star on the walk, Johnny Manziel was around the corner buying a Rolls Royce Ghost lmao.

No biggie.

Basically, it was really nice, but until I get myself to a fairly substantial income level, I dont see myself living there.

I lived in San Diego for 41 years. Traffic was one of the main reasons that I headed to AZ. It is cleaner is Scottsdale. Everything is newer and feels nicer.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA

You drove to LA and back in one day? Geez, man. I didn't realize you were doing that.

You have no idea, man. Just wait when you move down here and you have to drive. You will legit see tumbleweed rolling across the street in New Mexico.

If you drove through Texas (which you won't unless you wanted to), you wouldn't really be able to use a GPS because you would be losing service in between the small towns.

Yup. You won't find any place worse with regards to traffic than LA. And this is coming from a guy that spent the first 25 years of his life just outside of Manhattan.

It's nice, but it has a very impersonal feel to it. The Phoenix/Scottsdale area still feels like a small town, despite the fact that it's the 6th largest metro area in the country.

And, yes, if one word could be used to describe downtown LA, that word would definitely be "dirty".

Yup.

No biggie.

He should focus more on trying to stay out of jail for 5 minutes. :D

Like I said, man, I'd be in Scottsdale no matter how much money I made.

Did you ever make it to that ghost town?

I lived in San Diego for 41 years. Traffic was one of the main reasons that I headed to AZ. It is cleaner is Scottsdale. Everything is newer and feels nicer.

I visited San Diego when I lived in California and I was honestly surprised how unimpressed with it I was. I was there for 4 days and remember thinking "Is this it?".

Not sure why. Maybe my expectations were too high.

That's in contrast to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, which I first drove a few years before I found this forum. At that time, I'd never even heard of Scottsdale. So my expectations were low to start.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
You drove to LA and back in one day? Geez, man. I didn't realize you were doing that.

You have no idea, man. Just wait when you move down here and you have to drive. You will legit see tumbleweed rolling across the street in New Mexico.

If you drove through Texas (which you won't unless you wanted to), you wouldn't really be able to use a GPS because you would be losing service in between the small towns.

Yup. You won't find any place worse with regards to traffic than LA. And this is coming from a guy that spent the first 25 years of his life just outside of Manhattan.

It's nice, but it has a very impersonal feel to it. The Phoenix/Scottsdale area still feels like a small town, despite the fact that it's the 6th largest metro area in the country.

And, yes, if one word could be used to describe downtown LA, that word would definitely be "dirty".

Yup.

He should focus more on trying to stay out of jail for 5 minutes. :D

Like I said, man, I'd be in Scottsdale no matter how much money I made.

Did you ever make it to that ghost town?

I visited San Diego when I lived in California and I was honestly surprised how unimpressed with it I was. I was there for 4 days and remember thinking "Is this it?".

Not sure why. Maybe my expectations were too high.

That's in contrast to the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, which I first drove a few years before I found this forum. At that time, I'd never even heard of Scottsdale. So my expectations were low to start.
Yeah man I decided to do the whole thing in one day lol it kicked my a$$, not even gonna lie.

It was beautiful but it's someplace that you can either fit into and enjoy or you cant at all lol. As for Manziel he says he's going sober starting the 1st, we'll see. When your dad says publicly to ESPN that you're a druggie and you're gonna die, that should be the only wakeup call you need.

At the rate he's spending money his rookie contract will be all gone soon.

But I digress lol.

I should've planned the LA visit better because I basically woke up at 3am and said "I'm gonna drive to LA today" lmao and because of the fast-paced nature of the place, I didnt really get to do a whole lot because I didnt plan that well. I'll go back and visit tho.

I may live in LA someday. Who knows. Not gonna be in the forseeable future thoughz

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA
I should've planned the LA visit better because I basically woke up at 3am and said "I'm gonna drive to LA today" lmao and because of the fast-paced nature of the place, I didnt really get to do a whole lot because I didnt plan that well. I'll go back and visit tho.

I may live in LA someday. Who knows. Not gonna be in the forseeable future thoughz

It's close enough to Scottsdale to travel to pretty often. I also recommend visiting San Francisco and San Jose. The drive up there through the central coast of California is beautiful.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Yeah San Jose-San Fran is my next visit when I finally move out here.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Yeah San Jose-San Fran is my next visit when I finally move out here.

My friend told me her LAX to PHX plane tickets were $30 round trip on Spirit. Fly next time!

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Didnt even think of that but it would've saved a ton of time and some money also lol. I'll keep that in mind.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
On the plane about to leave Sky Harbor :( I'll be back though! Permanently next time [emoji41]

So when is the move date?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
By the end of August

Push to EOM October. You'll be happier.

Moving to Phoenix in August is the equivalent of moving to Chicago in January.

twdavis

The Danger
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
142%
Jul 20, 2013
Well... over 85% humidity the last 4 days...looking like it will continue into the near future...missing that Arizona heat....:(

Time to go take a shower...

Jamie T

>>
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
390%
Oct 26, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
In five weeks my car will be packed.

I-10 will become my best friend as I make the drive from Florida to Arizona.

I’ve decided to make the leap and go “all in.”

Arizona has been on my mind from a very young age. I can’t take it anymore. I have to know why it’s calling me. The time is now (well… five weeks from now haha).

If you’re a Fastlaner who wants to live among like-minded people… here’s your chance.

I’m open to the idea of sharing an apartment/house with 1-2 Fastlaners in Scottsdale.

I see an environment where we push each other beyond what we think is possible, work hard toward our goals, and play hard after wins.

Regardless if anyone joins me, in five weeks… I’ll be on the road.

I’ve already spoken with several Fastlaners who live/lived in the area who gave recommendations on where to/not to live in the area, what to do when there, etc.

To those who are interested:

- I’m 26.
- I wake up earlier than most people.
- I workout six days a week.
- I choose to eat healthy 95% of the time.
- I’m scaling a physical product based business.
- I focus on improving each day.

If you’re interested in making the move to Scottsdale, or if you’re already there and want a roommate, then PM me.

*For all the Florida vs Arizona people out there, I won't be able to give a fair assessment until summer hits in Arizona.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011

Arizona has been on my mind from a very young age. I can’t take it anymore. I have to know why it’s calling me. The time is now (well… five weeks from now haha).

If you’re a Fastlaner who wants to live among like-minded people… here’s your chance.

I’m open to the idea of sharing an apartment/house with 1-2 Fastlaners in Scottsdale.

I see an environment where we push each other beyond what we think is possible, work hard toward our goals, and play hard after wins.

I’ve already spoken with several Fastlaners who live/lived in the area who gave recommendations on where to/not to live in the area, what to do when there, etc.

- I’m 26.

If you’re interested in making the move to Scottsdale, or if you’re already there and want a roommate, then PM me.

*For all the Florida vs Arizona people out there, I won't be able to give a fair assessment until summer hits in Arizona.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA

- I’m 26.

Let me know when you're out here. I'll show you around if you want.

Also, I highly recommend checking out the Club SAR Fitness Center. It's a great community-based gym that is only $99 for one year (no taxes and no hidden fees).

And make sure you change your license plate right when you get here. I got pulled over that and got a $650 ticket. I was able to plead it down to $200, but I think I got lucky and caught the judge on a good day. I've heard that it can be hit-or-miss.

Brandon Parker

All or nothing
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 16, 2015
Anchorage, AK

- I’m 26.

Sounds like we're in the same situation. I'm tired of being stuck here in Anchorage and have wanted to move to Arizona all year. No more 7 month winters. Also, I've never lived on my own, ever(I just turned 20). I need this, haha.

I plan on purchasing the ticket for November-ish. I'll PM you when I get everything in order and make the decision to go 'all in'. By the way, have you made it to Scottsdale yet? What's it like so far?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.