After a couple of months working on various projects (my dad's website, my girlfriend's online shop, etc.), I gathered enough skills and knowledge to move to the next step. Creating my own business to help people on the internet.
(To mods: I did a pretty confuse thread about those projects. I prefer to start a new one as things are really getting serious now. Sorry in advance if duplicates are not allowed, I will focus on here now so do not hesitate to delete the old one)
I have spent the past days in designing my value proposition. I will focus on 3 axis:
My strategy is to use 1. and 2. to get my first customers and build my portfolio. Then I can convert my first customer to 3. which will be the real long-term money maker (and it's also more compliant to CENTS). I don't have much experience with 3., but I'm now quite OK at 1. and 2. so I can start and keep learning. My goal is to scale as soon a possible by automating and outsourcing the creation part to focus on finding customers.
I also need to differenciate from other similar agencies. Most of the following thoughts come from my readings of Fox's thread and ebook. Have a look on it to get started, it's a goldmine.
I have seen a couple of digital agency websites. All of them pitched their offer with a lot of technical words and anglicisms (I am french). I have no doubt they are doing a great job, but I found it overcomplexified and, in the end, scary for people who need help without any knowledge.
This is what I will propose. Simplifying the offer. I want to keep the output of my offer easy to understand as much as possible. No technical words, no complex pricing, just a simple offer with websites and services which can solve problems and improve customers businesses. I did not found anything like that.
Here is a good example: I was struggling on finding a name for my business. I brainstormed during 4 hours about what would be the perfect name. I wanted something catchy, fancy, etc. Nothing was good enough, or sometimes the domain name was not available. I ended with a very basic name but it reflects my value prop quite well. People will directly understand why I'm here. Simple is gold.
I will also focus on people who generally feel like "internet is not for them" :
I have set up the french counterpart of a LLC, I am ready to start. Things that need to get done in the coming days:
My goal is to make 15k€ by the end of the year, I have almost 9 months to do it. I will work like if my goal was to do 150k€. I will post my progression here!
(To mods: I did a pretty confuse thread about those projects. I prefer to start a new one as things are really getting serious now. Sorry in advance if duplicates are not allowed, I will focus on here now so do not hesitate to delete the old one)
I have spent the past days in designing my value proposition. I will focus on 3 axis:
- Webdesign and long-term maintenance. It is about building landing pages or online shops for customers and keeping them up to date in terms of security, SEO, etc. in exchange of a monthly fee.
- Graphic creation and content. I'm not an expert with Photoshop or any similar software. But I have discovered that people rarely need so much skills. I have now a good experience on Canva and it will be more than enough to design logos, banners, etc.
- Online presence management. I want to show people the advantages of outsourcing social media management, SEO, ads campaing, etc. I also plan to charge with a monthly fee.
My strategy is to use 1. and 2. to get my first customers and build my portfolio. Then I can convert my first customer to 3. which will be the real long-term money maker (and it's also more compliant to CENTS). I don't have much experience with 3., but I'm now quite OK at 1. and 2. so I can start and keep learning. My goal is to scale as soon a possible by automating and outsourcing the creation part to focus on finding customers.
I also need to differenciate from other similar agencies. Most of the following thoughts come from my readings of Fox's thread and ebook. Have a look on it to get started, it's a goldmine.
I have seen a couple of digital agency websites. All of them pitched their offer with a lot of technical words and anglicisms (I am french). I have no doubt they are doing a great job, but I found it overcomplexified and, in the end, scary for people who need help without any knowledge.
This is what I will propose. Simplifying the offer. I want to keep the output of my offer easy to understand as much as possible. No technical words, no complex pricing, just a simple offer with websites and services which can solve problems and improve customers businesses. I did not found anything like that.
Here is a good example: I was struggling on finding a name for my business. I brainstormed during 4 hours about what would be the perfect name. I wanted something catchy, fancy, etc. Nothing was good enough, or sometimes the domain name was not available. I ended with a very basic name but it reflects my value prop quite well. People will directly understand why I'm here. Simple is gold.
I will also focus on people who generally feel like "internet is not for them" :
- I had a look on the Facebook page of my small village, I found dozens of recent posts made by artisans (plumber, beautician, bakery, etc) who just had a Gmail address to share. I made a list of 30 prospects in 10 minutes, it's crazy how many people could benefit from my services.
- I spotted dozens of small to medium industries of companies who have no website (or a very bad one) on Google Maps. This is my end target because those people have more money.
I have set up the french counterpart of a LLC, I am ready to start. Things that need to get done in the coming days:
- Finishing the paperwork related to my company.
- Building my company website, this will be my first proof of concept to show people how I can help them.
- Contacting by mail or phone the 30 propects I listed.
- Getting my first customer.
My goal is to make 15k€ by the end of the year, I have almost 9 months to do it. I will work like if my goal was to do 150k€. I will post my progression here!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
