The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Seeking Driven Collaborators to do Cool sh*t Together

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Note: I made a revamp of this post as I realised I was coming off in a way I wasn’t intending to and clarified some of the points thanks to the suggestions of @Andy Black . I put up the original post in a rush so many of the points were not clear, and I apologise for that.

==

The Gist
I come up with ideas all the time.

For the ideas that I get around to actually executing, I get pretty decent success rates so I find that having so many ideas just sitting there doing nothing is a waste.

I'm also good at execution and I've had good success working with people to execute their ideas and would like to do the same for other aspiring fastlaners.

Check out my progress thread for a couple examples: A Story of Rapid Execution

This Entire Post Summarized into One Sentence
I am looking for driven, interesting people to do cool shit with me and to take massive action to build small projects that get results super quickly.

This is For You if..
  • You are an aspiring fastlaner who wants to start something but not sure what to start
  • You are an aspiring fastlaner with an existing business idea and hoping for someone to work with to bring said idea to fruition (Smart, because even Y Combinator highly recommends companies they invest in to have at least 2 co-founders)
  • You’re hardworking, cool and simply want to find someone to work with for whatever reason. I will not work with difficult people no matter how talented and smart

This is NOT For You if..
  • You despise hard work and expect me to hire hire hire while you sit there and strategise. We are going to bootstrap as much as we can at the start.
  • You think you have a million dollar idea and if the idea doesn’t work, it must be my fault. If you think ideas are so important, you need to read this: “Ideas are just a multiplier of execution”

How This is Going to Work
  • We will discuss and agree on an idea and business model. The eventual idea would most likely come from me, but it could come from you as well, depending on your skillset and interests
  • You are expected to commit full-time to the project. If you are holding on to a day-job out of necessity, the odds of making things work will for sure be lower but let's talk about it
  • I will provide resources and support in the form of VA's. I will front all required costs
  • We will collaborate via Slack & Wunderlist as per my current workflow
  • Default profit-sharing scheme would be 70/30 > 70% to me and 30% to you
Update: I thought it was obvious enough but when I said we would go 70/30 profit sharing by default, but if you are a programmer, obviously we are not going to do 70/30 anymore, details definitely need to be discussed but please understand that I am not a naive, crazy person..

Why You Might Want to Trust Me to Get Results
  • I run a successful furniture retail company in my country
  • I am a pretty successful affiliate marketer and have done well with CPA offers and information products
  • I have run a local web design/digital marketing agency before and have made 6 figures profits with it before having the business fail and my unwillingness to cut loss resulted in me hanging on to the business and bleeding till it fell into unprofitability. So yeah this business was a failure but I learnt alot from it.
  • I have a high hit rate on side projects and regularly create assets that generate ~5 figures pretty easily and quickly
  • I have a knack for understanding quickly and clearly how industries work, and have generated very good results with investing in crypto assets and ICO’s despite the recent crash in BTC price
  • That said, if you still don’t trust me, that is fine but please do not demand that I "prove my worthiness" to you, because we are likely not a good fit
I want to make it clear that I am not like a gazillionaire offering to make you rich if only you got the chance to work with me.

I'm just a dude who thinks I've accumulated some decent business sense and think if I work with someone with complementary skills and the willingness to put in the time, I'm pretty confident of generating at least 4 figures a month in profits.

Now, 4 figures per month might be peanuts for alot of people on this forum but it could be a nice sum for an aspiring fastlaner and more importantly, it SHOWS them that it can be done.

If it shows potential, we can then consider a more "proper" structure etc but before a project makes a single cent, I see no point in wasting time creating a company etc for it.

Sure, I could run away with the business but think logically and consider whether it makes sense for me to steal this project and destroy the credibility I intend to build on this forum?

Or would it make more sense for me to feature the success story in my post, and create MORE success stories, gain MORE allies on my side, and create MORE successful projects which would equate to more streams of income for me?

And just to be clear..

This is NOT an offer for coaching.

Hence, I do not feel obliged to have to prove anything to you.

I am not interested to persuade you, so if this doesn’t make sense to you, I wish you all the best.

If you’re interested, let’s chat.

UPDATE!
Thanks for all the PM's so far!

To save everyone's time, I thought I'd take some time to go into a little bit more detail on the current ideas I have, and what I think you should include in your PM to me.

Projects I have in mind
1. A SaaS product to manage trades on cryptocurrency exchanges. This would require extensive knowledge of working with API's on exchanges like Bittrex, Binance etc.

2. A crypto newsletter; considering a free and paid component, and we would share profits on paid component. Requires good command of English and extensive crypto knowledge.

3. A community in which we will facilitate masternode pools. If you're not familiar with masternodes, the gist is that masternodes require a large number of tokens and the purpose of this community is to bring together a group of people who can afford some but not all of the required tokens, facilitate the pool, and charge an admin fee for our work.

4. If you have any interest at all in starting a direct advertising agency, please let me know as well. I am least interested in this but I do have some ideas and resources I think could help us gain an edge if you are good at B2B sales and willing to put in the time and effort to make this work. It's a TON of work I can tell you upfront, and of course profit-sharing will not be the default 70/30 if we go into this.

Please include the following when you PM me..
1. Whatever you would care to share about yourself of course, and what made you interested
2. What have you worked on before? Failures and successes
3. What skillsets do you have that you think would be beneficial?
4. How much time can you devote?
5. What are your expectations? I hate disappointing people so I really want to make sure expectations are set right.
6. Does any of the projects I have in mind appeal to you?
7. Do you have any projects that you would like to propose? We could look at the plan together and see if it makes sense to execute your project instead.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Ad approved, good luck.

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
I come from a pretty diverse business background; I've worked in eCommerce, physical retail, finance, and numerous digital marketing projects.

Before exploring and/or committing to such an offer could you tell me more about you, your successes, why you would be a good mentor, what an aspiring entrepreneur can expect to learn from you.

To me, the educational aspect of this offer would mean more than the financial so I'd want to know why you consider yourself a good mentor other than the fact that you have money to invest in a project.

G

Guest92dX

Intro:
I may be interested in SaaS with you as I'm working on finding niche vertical.

Questions for you:
  1. Are any of your ideas validated?
  2. What areas of expertise to do you have?
  3. What is this vision you have?
  4. How much time do you have available to allocate?
  5. Who owns admin on IP and workflows? (This is not who owns the idea)
  6. Do you have any legal contracts drawn out?
  7. Have you setup a separate legal entity outside of your other businesses for this?
  8. Who owns admin on banking?
  9. Is the profit share negotiable?
  10. Who has last decision?
Backstory:
I'm a beginner in the truest sense of word for coding. I do however have sales skills and have read 17 books. I'm currently learning marketing and copywriting.

I have 1 year of experience coding for mobile. I can probably ask decent questions for outsourcing with project development and sell out the costs for us.

I also belong to technology groups and would be willing to get up to speed on crypto applications.

Not a fan of most "guru" info products. I do like courses that teach a practical skill though.

6 failures so far because I decided to "come up with" the idea myself, which is why I'm asking if your ideas have been validated. Taking a 180 approach now.

Explanation of questions:
I also asked you what I think are 10 of the most important questions to ask as I've been down this route before. Fwiw, your post doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I think most people have positive intentions.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Headline changed as requested. Good luck!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
First of all, my apologies to the posters on this thread and for those who PM-ed me, it's Chinese New Year over here and I haven't had much time to do the revamp I wanted to do but it's done now!

That headline is way better.

Yeah I know, looking back the old one really sucked, blame it on wanting to "Ready, Fire, Aim" and putting stuff up first and course-correcting afterwards lol.

Before exploring and/or committing to such an offer could you tell me more about you, your successes, why you would be a good mentor, what an aspiring entrepreneur can expect to learn from you.

To me, the educational aspect of this offer would mean more than the financial so I'd want to know why you consider yourself a good mentor other than the fact that you have money to invest in a project.

Thanks for the response, I think the newly revamped post should provide the answers you are looking for.

Intro:
I may be interested in SaaS with you as I'm working on finding niche vertical.

Questions for you:
  1. Are any of your ideas validated?
  2. What areas of expertise to do you have?
  3. What is this vision you have?
  4. How much time do you have available to allocate?
  5. Who owns admin on IP and workflows? (This is not who owns the idea)
  6. Do you have any legal contracts drawn out?
  7. Have you setup a separate legal entity outside of your other businesses for this?
  8. Who owns admin on banking?
  9. Is the profit share negotiable?
  10. Who has last decision?
Backstory:
I'm a beginner in the truest sense of word for coding. I do however have sales skills and have read 17 books. I'm currently learning marketing and copywriting.

I have 1 year of experience coding for mobile. I can probably ask decent questions for outsourcing with project development and sell out the costs for us.

I also belong to technology groups and would be willing to get up to speed on crypto applications.

Not a fan of most "guru" info products. I do like courses that teach a practical skill though.

6 failures so far because I decided to "come up with" the idea myself, which is why I'm asking if your ideas have been validated. Taking a 180 approach now.

Explanation of questions:
I also asked you what I think are 10 of the most important questions to ask as I've been down this route before. Fwiw, your post doesn't inspire confidence, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt because I think most people have positive intentions.

Thanks for the response, please check out the newly revamped post and hopefully it provides more clarity on what kind of arrangement this really is.

No, none of my ideas are "validated", I do not have legal contracts drawn out, and no separate legal entity will be set up unless/until the project takes off and we decide to review.

This whole project is supposed to be a quick, cool, and hopefully educational experience. Sounds like it's not something you would be interested in to be honest, and I'm sorry my post didn't inspire confidence for you.

Yes. The previous headline was clever, but clarity trumps cleverness every time.

On hindsight it wasn't even clever at all as this is too much of a deviation from my previous idea. Thanks for your suggestions and kick in the a$$ to change things up.

I've received a bunch of PM's right after the revamp, and this time from much more potential parties.

Please keep the PM's coming folks.

Hopefully I get to feature some success stories soon; looking forward!

GoldMan79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 16, 2017
France
  • You think you have a million dollar idea and if the idea doesn’t work, it must be my fault. If you think ideas are so important, you need to read this: “Ideas are just a multiplier of execution”
  • We will discuss and agree on an idea and business model. The eventual idea would most likely come from me, but it could come from you as well, depending on your skillset and interests
  • No, none of my ideas are "validated", I do not have legal contracts drawn out, and no separate legal entity will be set up unless/until the project takes off and we decide to review.
So, if I get it you are basically looking for a free coder(s?) to test your theories without doing sh*t and taking 70% "if" the project takes off. You are looking for an employee and trying to make it look like a partnership.

Burning Desire

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jan 8, 2018
London
I don't understand the criticism. This is an interesting set-up. It's a bit of a VC/PE style deal where the investor promises part of investor profits to the management team.

There has to be a clear deal though regarding how much capital OP commits at what stage, how the profit waterfall works etc.

Perhaps some time down the line I will do the same. If someone has a great idea, wants to or has committed the time, but lacks the capital to scale properly, this works for both sides.

STF

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Jan 18, 2018
North Carolina
It's like a market where people bring different skills of different value to the table. When people match up hopefully it equals enough skill and knowledge to build a working product. The equity, ideally, is commensurate to value brought to the table.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I don't understand the criticism.

Part of it is due diligence. People need to be skeptical to avoid wasting their time and cash. They need to ask good questions and look for cues about who this guy is. Since OP isn't asking for money (at least not in this post) and considering the amount he paid for the ad, that could be a cue that he's sincere, but that's for each to decide.

The other part is limiting beliefs and poor mindset. Imagine if you haven't made any progress. You don't have a success under your belt. You haven't done shit yet. This guy comes along, says he has multiple successes, and offers to work together with the right person. If you're the guy who hasn't done shit, you'll instantly feel uncomfortable.

Why?

Because acknowledging this could be their chance means they might have to get off their a$$, stop playing entrepreneur, and actually do something. That means confronting their limiting beliefs, which is uncomfortable because currently they avoid those beliefs. So rather than considering what might be useful for them, they just criticize to suppress that uneasy feeling in the pit of their stomach so they can get back to doing nothing.

:)

TBH, OP should have asked for some kind of investment up front. No skin in the game means nothing to lose if they quit.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
So, if I get it you are basically looking for a free coder(s?) to test your theories without doing sh*t and taking 70% "if" the project takes off. You are looking for an employee and trying to make it look like a partnership.

Actually, maybe it's worse; why not say I am looking for an employee I don't even need to pay a single cent to if the project doesn't work out? No guarantee of success, no benefits, no insurance, no medical leave, this is way worse than being an employee.

Thanks for taking the time to explain to me what I am looking for in my own post.

I just started a convo with you, I think that's the right way to do it? :) Let me know if it worked.

Cool thanks, I'll be getting back to you soon!

TBH, OP should have asked for some kind of investment up front. No skin in the game means nothing to lose if they quit.

Yes this was strongly recommended to me as well but I would rather take the financial loss if this fails instead of taking someone's money and feeling obliged to "deliver". If project ends up failing I don't want the other party to feel that they got "cheated of their money".

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
By the way, to anyone who's intending to PM me, and to anyone who's already PM-ed me and not received a reply yet (sorry!), I've updated the thread again with the projects I actually have in mind, as well as what I think would be great to include in your PM.

I've gotten some really interesting PM's, and sorry if I've not replied to you yet, will definitely get through everything by weekend.

In the meantime, please keep them coming!

GoldMan79

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Oct 16, 2017
France
Actually, maybe it's worse; why not say I am looking for an employee I don't even need to pay a single cent to if the project doesn't work out? No guarantee of success, no benefits, no insurance, no medical leave, this is way worse than being an employee.

Hey, just saw your update of the post, now it's looking more like a real partnership and yes I'm a programmer that why it sounded like a bullshit offer in the first (second?) version of your post.

G

Guest92dX

@HackVenture

Your revamped post is much better. It seemed like you were looking for a new full blown business, which is why I asked the questions I asked.

This post is clearer.

Fwiw, I ended up joining the forum because a partnership didn't work out. The guy wouldn't turn over any relevant IP so I could even seem associated with the business.

I basically couldn't even use the resources available.

So, I'm interested if the resources will be shared.

Also, Fwiw I wasn't expecting a "yes" for every answer or even a "no". I just wanted everything to be clear.

I'll send you a PM.

If you've already found someone then best of luck to you both.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
@HackVenture

Your revamped post is much better. It seemed like you were looking for a new full blown business, which is why I asked the questions I asked.

This post is clearer.

Fwiw, I ended up joining the forum because a partnership didn't work out. The guy wouldn't turn over any relevant IP so I could even seem associated with the business.

I basically couldn't even use the resources available.

So, I'm interested if the resources will be shared.

Also, Fwiw I wasn't expecting a "yes" for every answer or even a "no". I just wanted everything to be clear.

I'll send you a PM.

If you've already found someone then best of luck to you both.

Thanks for the kind words. I gotta stress that this is not a formal partnership but just a loose collaboration to see how things work out, definitely not suitable for alot of people.

Yeah I've had a failed partnership before too so I definitely know how that feels.

I'll reply your PM.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
Hey folks, I'm humbled and overwhelmed by the PM's I've received, currently talking to a handful of people on moving ahead and I think it's only fair that I posted an update here about temporarily not requiring additional help.

Feel free to PM me still to chat, and please subscribe to this thread as I will post updates as and when I dream up new projects to try again.

In the meantime, stay tuned to my progress thread for updates.

Thanks again for the support, happy with how this turned out despite kinda screwing up in the beginning heh.

RaffUnscripted

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Feb 21, 2018
Providence, RI
I’m new to the forum. I have ideas but I know that being inexperienced I will make many mistakes. Perhaps this is a way to address learning curve issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth
I’m new to the forum. I have ideas but I know that being inexperienced I will make many mistakes. Perhaps this is a way to address learning curve issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah exactly, thanks for articulating that for me, it's one of the reasons I thought of this idea in the first place.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.