The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Scaling my YouTube Channel

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Hey guys! So I created a YouTube channel to chronicle my 3 (hopefully 4 at the end of this year) businesses. Along with that, I recently posted a video, about applying Fastlane Principles to your business, and linked people to MJ’s book so their F it moment can happen as well! Anyways, I’m super new to this, but I’m trying to take this as serious as I can so I wanted to get some feedback from the best place on the net for that kind of stuff! Any tips on how to scale this more quickly than just posting content and waiting for people to search for it? How can I make the videos better? Any topics I should try to focus on moreso? Nothing is off base! Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!

Best,
ADayattheRoxbury

View: https://youtu.be/Mj7BxJO0Kxk
is a link to the Fastlane Video

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK
Hey so for reference I have a channel with a touch over 6k subs.

Thumbnails are actually good you've got consistent "branding" on them (colour, text etc) and I see you've started to add in pics of you which is great although the thumb in the linked vid has you with a real bad case of crazy eye.
Luckily you can change thumbnails with no penalty to your google SEO stuff, so I would recommend getting all your thumbs with pics of you in about 1/4 of the image, mostly chest up will do, lots of face. I would also say text needs to be punchy and large in thumbnails.

Was on my phone when I looked at the vid so I couldn't see your tags but there is a tool called Tubebuddy which I would use to start getting better tags or using similar tags to other vids in your space. I would love to drop my affiliate link for it but for the life of me I can't remember it and tbh you don't need the paid version, it's nice but not necessary.

There are some cheeky ways to run ads on youtube (which I'm not doing) but at your current size I probably wouldn't bother unless you've got a budget you know you want to spend.
You'll want to live in your analytics to find your best clips and use those to drive an audience to your channel, as well as using any significant drop in watch time to look for places you f*cked up and change up your content.

Hope some of this is of use. Good luck.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Fox has a big thread on YouTube. I’ve a small thread that I’ll update sometime. Maybe there’s other threads in here too.

Tools I’ll be looking at in more detail are morningfa.me and VidIQ.

Sheps

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Oct 10, 2015
UK

VidIQ I've heard good things about but not used it seems to provide the same data in a more useable way. Tubebuddy can take some creative thinking but it looks like VidIQ kind of just shows you those things (you'll still need to know what you want to know).

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
So I created a YouTube channel to chronicle my 3 (hopefully 4 at the end of this year) businesses

Are any of your businesses making money?

If they are, why aren't you scaling them instead of jumping to a new idea?

If they're not, then maybe you should focus on the "businesses" instead of using Youtube for crappy affiliate marketing schemes.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019

If they're not, then maybe you should focus on the "businesses" instead of using Youtube for crappy affiliate marketing schemes.

My businesses are doing very well, as I said in the video, this is a hobby. I enjoy making content and talking about the subject material, quite a bit, since my wife would rather I STFU than talk to her about stocks, Roth IRA vs SEP IRA, trading, creating a business, etc. So thanks for the advice, but I'd really like on topic <3.

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019

He could be building those businesses through having a YouTube channel? (Haven't watched the content)

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
VidIQ I've heard good things about but not used it seems to provide the same data in a more useable way. Tubebuddy can take some creative thinking but it looks like VidIQ kind of just shows you those things (you'll still need to know what you want to know).

Wow. VidIQ is sick! I'll check out TubeBuddy as well! Now I can take those amazing tags that other people post :p!

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
He could be building those businesses through having a YouTube channel? (Haven't watched the content)

I haven't really done this yet, but I was thinking in the future to sprinkle in some adverts for the company and create a sort of cycle where the content gets more views to the other websites, which get more views to the content in a circular pattern.

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
I haven't really done this yet, but I was thinking in the future to sprinkle in some adverts for the company and create a sort of cycle where the content gets more views to the other websites, which get more views to the content in a circular pattern.

Definitely the smart way to do it - specifically if the businesses are somewhat interlinked?

Anyway I'll definitely check out your channel later, have you always been comfortable in front of the camera?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Definitely the smart way to do it - specifically if the businesses are somewhat interlinked?

Anyway I'll definitely check out your channel later, have you always been comfortable in front of the camera?

Oh definitely not. These are the first 5-6 videos I’ve ever recorded in front of the camera, so it’s probably why I keep stuttering so much. I’ve previously been moderately comfortable at public speaking, but that was only at the college level. Would love for some feedback when ya get a chance! The businesses don’t really tie into the concept all too well, other than my full-time trading business but in that, I won’t be using this to get any more money or anything like that as I’m very happy just trading my own account. I just feel like I may have some insight to share in the field and also, I just like helping people not make the same mistakes I made starting out, paying $x,xxx for a course that was just TRASH. I figured I’d give the same content for free, now that I’m more well-versed in the subject matter :D.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Consistency is really key to everything

So true! Since I started working 6 days a week, and not letting myself wander, party or do X unless it was my free day for the week, I’ve been able to achieve more than I ever thought I would! Even had time to start a YouTube channel! When before, I couldn’t even find time to time my shoelaces (exaggerated but you get my point). According to Parkinson’s Law we make our work fit the time allotted time we allow for it.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
You're off to a good start. YouTube is a rough game. Be prepared for a long slog; putting out content with nobody really listening.

I think my biggest tip would be to focus on increasing your energy on camera. If you're using a script, perhaps try to go off script a little more. This will take time to do, but keep working for it.

I'm at 6300 subs with just under 100 videos. I consider this to be mediocre. I don't put in much effort on thumbnails (3-5 minutes tops), my intro is pretty laughable, and I'm in a very narrow niche. You should be able to beat my results, from what I'm seeing.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Oh, and find related channels, subscribe and get notified. When they publish content drop a helpful or positive comment (NEVER be critical) and give your comment a thumbs up. Log into a couple alt accounts and give a few more thumbs up. This works best if you do it within the first hour or two of the video dropping.

This will help you grow just a little bit faster. The reason is that people will see your comment, see that your channel is relevant to their interests, and then come check you out. Some will stay and subscribe, others will start to see your content in their feed over time.

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
Oh, and find related channels, subscribe and get notified. When they publish content drop a helpful or positive comment (NEVER be critical) and give your comment a thumbs up. Log into a couple alt accounts and give a few more thumbs up. This works best if you do it within the first hour or two of the video dropping.

This will help you grow just a little bit faster. The reason is that people will see your comment, see that your channel is relevant to their interests, and then come check you out. Some will stay and subscribe, others will start to see your content in their feed over time.

Man, you just dropped some knowledge bombs on me :D! I’ll definitely try to up the energy, I just thought it’d look kinda fake but that’s probably just my insecurity about being in front of the camera, to be honest. Going to try the tip on commenting videos as well.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@lowtek ... do you have a YouTube thread or progress-thread?

It would be good to create a master thread linking to all the YouTube threads in here.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
@lowtek ... do you have a YouTube thread or progress-thread?

It would be good to create a master thread linking to all the YouTube threads in here.

I have an INSIDERS thread that is woefully neglected. Nothing YT specific, or on the outside however :(

ADayattheRoxbury

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 23, 2019
I don’t have an invite code. I don’t know if they even have them.

They must have recently implement it or it’s a way to get you to call sales? I’ll look into it

Attachments

• 1EE86845-F312-4EC2-BE67-F12E63373625.png
    1EE86845-F312-4EC2-BE67-F12E63373625.png
    175.9 KB · Views: 5

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content