The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Sales solve everything

Marketing, social media, advertising

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
SALES SOLVE EVERYTHING

Wantrapreneurs don't have any.

Entrepreneurs want more.

What are you doing to make a sale this week?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
I'm building out more Adwords campaigns on top of the magnificent month we've had off FB on our main store.

I'm in the process of hiring a PM to run Shopify/FB so I can focus on IG, Adwords and FBA.

The conglomerate is taking shape nicely.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
You feel me.
crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
im doing nothing and its driving me crazy. still in product development unfortunately
How soon before you can even try to make a sale?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I'm building out more Adwords campaigns on top of the magnificent month we've had off FB on our main store.

I'm in the process of hiring a PM to run Shopify/FB so I can focus on IG, Adwords and FBA.

The conglomerate is taking shape nicely.
Nice! Scaling what works, and then dialling in new channels.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Nice! Scaling what works, and then dialling in new channels.

The possibilities are endless. I wish I had more time or the ability to clone myself.

If I'm not selling. I'm not moving forward.

Stam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 3, 2012
Norway, Oslo
Booking 10 appointments for next week, attending this weeks appointments(and asking them for referrals), calling up offers, and cold calling 100 past customers/cold lists every day in the morning (9-12). Also following up on past customers for additional sales/referrals and so on.

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
Slaves solve everything.
- Need some minions to do all the most [HASHTAG]#respectable[/HASHTAG] work for us.
- How much do you pay?
- A lot.

Good biz explained in 5 seconds.

Last edited:

CycleGuy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Jan 16, 2015
Midwest
Targeted Facebook campaigns.
-Run a sale on something with good creative and a simple, to the point description.
-Target regionally, by age, and by gender for my specific product
-Boost post(Here is where I've discovered a good method. Boost higher than what you think is "fair" to sell the item quicker)
Example on boosting: We run one campaign with good creative and a popular product boosted for $70 for 7 days... Reach is okay and we generally sell the product. It might not sell within that first 7 days of the paid boost, so we increase the budget. The next campaign we run a similar product with similar creative but boost it for $245 for 7 days. I've noticed I am getting quicker sales with the larger sum of money being boosted at first. So yes on FB's boost I am boosting $245 but if the product sells in 1-2 days I am spending ~$70 or less and moving the item quicker. We are getting similar ROI but are moving the products more quickly with the second type of boost. This method only works if you make sure to pause and cancel your higher value boosted campaign.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
More prospecting + testing receptiveness to my new offer. No sales yet but I'm getting more and more data.

Might post a consulting offer in the Marketplace if anyone wants to take a chance on me (with limits)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
if you aint selling you aint living!

Kabylfx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 5, 2016
Launching a t-shirt company targeting a very specific niche very soon (hoping to be able to scale it up if this works out). Got the designs done and set up 3 social media accounts (2 of them with quite a large number of followers) for marketing and will try to get the business promoted on various blogs and Facebook pages.

Still need to get a website though and pay for hosting and the domain name.

This will be my first business (aside from a bit of freelancing which miserably failed) and excited to see how it goes.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Launching a t-shirt company targeting a very specific niche very soon (hoping to be able to scale it up if this works out). Got the designs done and set up 3 social media accounts (2 of them with quite a large number of followers) for marketing and will try to get the business promoted on various blogs and Facebook pages.

Still need to get a website though and pay for hosting and the domain name.

This will be my first business (aside from a bit of freelancing which miserably failed) and excited to see how it goes.

great small term business bro! keep it up. people always looking for t shirts especially for a variety of sporting events, venues, zazzle and other big name shirt companies are charging too much for 4oz shirts and 6.1 oz shirts as well. ridiculous. if you could find a good gildan shirt to buy on the low and get them printed for less then 18$ you would be strategic

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
I try everyday. Sales have been very inconsistent so far.

Whats the best way to have consistent sales?

juan917

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jul 27, 2015
How soon before you can even try to make a sale?

Working on deploying the app to android and will soon begin the QA process so cant be that much longer. I give it 2 weeks

Kabylfx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Aug 5, 2016
great small term business bro! keep it up. people always looking for t shirts especially for a variety of sporting events, venues, zazzle and other big name shirt companies are charging too much for 4oz shirts and 6.1 oz shirts as well. ridiculous. if you could find a good gildan shirt to buy on the low and get them printed for less then 18$ you would be strategic

Thanks for the tip man!

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
i met with one of my potential costumers.he agreed on the price.he gave some solid advice for me to follow.

i spoke twice with an importer for something i may do as a sidehustle.tried some phone tactics i learned in here and then he said to me :" i will not disappoint you sir. i try to keep all my costumers happy."
waiting his email.

i prepared the place my venture will be (cleaning - installing equipment). lots of manual work there but i enjoyed it.

i met with a guy and he will do a freebie for me maybe on sunday on my other venture. checking him out as a potential future employee.

all the above happened from monday till today. on top of that i went all these days to my job. and i went to the hospital with the wife and kid twice(new baby coming check). and i went to the shops 3 times(new baby clothes etc).

tomorrow i will go again to the hospital( new baby check), also to my job and i will get that email.

also due to the fact that this book and this forum have made me a more active human beeing, i went down to my basement one night in this week and after almost three years i finally began to take all the stuff i have there and put everything to the correct place.for example all of my tools in one shelve, not all around my basement.

p.s. my wife is amazed by my change. she said that she has not see me do things so activelly never in the past and she likes it.

kkompoti

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Jul 23, 2016
Greece
my update: the guy did that freebie today. harvested around 25 kilos of honey equals to 250 euro if sold. allready made 4 sales even before i extract it.
very very happy!

also about an hour ago, a 5,5 richter scale earthquacke happened 17 km next to my city, 30 seconds duration. and after that another 13 after quackes happened..... now we are back in the house with no sleep....

edit: 19 afterquackes.... three hours after big one

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
What you doing to make a sale next week?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1) Prospecting: I've delegated a weekly task to a team member so I can spend more time being strategic, and bringing in more sales.

2) Following up: I've two warm leads to follow up on. Now I've a bit more time I can get this done.

3) Cross-selling: Don't neglect your current customers. What else can you do to add value, and get paid? I'll look at my portfolio of clients and determine The ONE Thing I can do this week to move the needle - on top of what we do each week already.

4) New revenue streams: Release a few things I've been sitting on and see if the market bites.

5) To not do list: Find what we're doing that doesn't move the needle, and stop doing them. Free up time to focus more on sales.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
1. Listed all my old unsold importing samples on ebay in bundles for quick sales.

2. Scheduled two client calls for Monday.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
1. Listed all my old unsold importing samples on ebay in bundles for quick sales.

2. Scheduled two client calls for Monday.
I like the past tense there @SinisterLex

"Tell me what you've done and I'll tell you who you are."

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!