The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Robert Himler and Amy Sangster

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
Status
Not open for further replies.

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
He contributes value(Entertain/serve thousands) to the world and is rightly compensated for that in the form of cash money through advertisements or subscriptions.

But people that buy this book aren't looking to be entertained they want to gain knowledge to help them on a path to success, now if the foundation of his success that people want to emulate is based on lies and his book contains little to no value to the customer this is scamming people out of their money.

If I posted a video of me landing a helicopter that I rented for an hour, led people on to believe it's mine as a result of my entrepreneurial success and that I'm loaded(I'm not); then tried to sell you a book outlining how I became so rich then I'm defrauding people.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I disagree Mike, he's essentially scamming people.

That's what 99% of all the gurus do ("scam"), it's nothing new, if he gets filthy rich selling the promise of an easy future to a bunch of jealous dreamers, go for it. I wouldn't sell anything I thought was b.s. but everyone is different, if that fits into your moral values, do it! After all he could be doing something worse than taking $70 from someone in exchange for some regurgitated entrepreneurial mumbo jumbo.

Edit: Let alone if he was rich as shit, he wouldn't have to sell his GTR and his TTG just so he can buy his (rumor has it) Bugatti.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Mike's right. What does he do that other gurus don't?

Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad" isn't a real person but is instead based on multiple people. Robert himself wasn't a multi-millionaire in real estate or entrepreneurship. He bought cheap property in '86 with no money down (he admits this: he was homeless and broke at the time) and did some nice cash flow on them. Wanna know how he made his REAL money? Seminars! Cashflow 101 (that silly board game with the mouse on it)! Rich Dad Poor Dad!

Robert Himler wants to do the same thing: he wants to cash out using any means possible, and he's essentially copying the gurus. And he's doing a pretty good job.

Wanna know something? If I knew how to drive a manual, I could do the same thing. I could rent a Lamborghini for, like, two hours, for a couple hundred bucks, make a video, spend the next day editing the shit out of it, then put it on YouTube and get a few thousands views a day. With that, I could AdSense a couple dollars a day, for life. Or I could put in affiliate links in the video and get more than that. Every new video I put up gets me a few more dollars and a few more subscribers a day until I get enough of a following to sell people a shitty book called "I drive Lambo's for a living! You can do it too!" for $50 a pop. More passive income.

Too bad I don't know how to drive a manual.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Robert Kiyosaki's "Rich Dad" isn't a real person but is instead based on multiple people. Robert himself wasn't a multi-millionaire in real estate or entrepreneurship. He bought cheap property in '86 with no money down (he admits this: he was homeless and broke at the time) and did some nice cash flow on them. Wanna know how he made his REAL money? Seminars! Cashflow 101 (that silly board game with the mouse on it)! Rich Dad Poor Dad!

Haha everything about Rich Dad Poor Dad is soo freakin shady. When I first read his book around 2 years ago I felt like it had a hidden agenda. But it was a good book though.

D

DeletedUser397

I know who Robert Himler is. I subscribe to him on Facebook and Youtube. I bought the book and read most of it, but it got difficult to read when I ran into plagiarized parts, which is when I started getting skeptical.

Sure, re-hashing content may be okay, which a lot of the book is, but completely copying someone else's material word-for-word is NOT okay. And FYI, this is why I think he protected the text in the PDF book from being copied, so no one could run it through a copyright checker.

I don't doubt he makes money, his ethic overall is inspiring, fake or not. Still, the reality is though, if you're wondering whether to buy the book or not, I wouldn't recommend it for the simple fact that it is a flat out lie. In fact, if anything, the book helps expose his lie even further because it introduces a lot of holes in his timeline of events that don't add up at all.

For example,

1) In the book, on page 88, he explains that he bought his first Lamborghini on March 16, 2009. Yet, if you look up WhoIs records for Razzi.me, it was first created on 14-Sep-2010.

Meaning, he purchased his first Lambo with profits from his smaller projects such as BeachCreeps, iCarHomePage, WhoIsSettling, etc, all of which I have a hard time believing could finance a Lambo. However, if you do a WhoIs search for iCarHomePage.com, the idea he claims iGoogle stole from him, you will see it was registered first on 30-Mar-09, which is ALSO after he "purchased" his first Lambo. Funny thing is, BeachCreeps.com was also registered after, specifically on 27-Nov-09, and WhoIsSettling.com on 03-Jun-10.

So... this is when I seriously started questioning his story. Here are some other major flaws...

2) In the book he states that he outsourced the development of the Razzi iPhone app to some guy named Allen Wong, as well as a lot of the Razzi site development. Yet on Facebook and YouTube he has repeatedly claimed that he coded the iPhone app himself and the Razzi website, with another guy who did the business aspects.

3) His book also states that his Dad owns a car dealership, yet on Youtube he has repeatedly stated that he doesn't have rich parents.

To the contrary, his Dad owns a large car dealership as well as some exotic cars (USAutoMart.com). If you do a simple WhoIs search on the dealership domain, you will notice it has the same exact name servers as all of Robert's project sites, such as BeachCreep.com, WhoIsSettling.com, iCarHomepage.com, etc.). This could explain why he'd have 3 identical GTR cars in different colors - they came from a dealership maybe?

Furthermore, in the book he claims to have friends who have Lambos from meeting them on forums (this I believe because he used to post on lamborghini-talk.com), but then it could hint at the fact that he is borrowing the cars he shows off in his videos.

4) Amy's Forex thing just does not seem legit at all. Amy is charging about $600 for a Forex guide when she claims to make "$10,000 in 20 minutes" which is very similar to the so-called millionaire gurus who sell their "secret" for 3 easy payments of $19.99. If you make $10k in 20 minutes, why put all the effort into a bunch of tutorial videos to reveal your strategies and sell them for 6% of the amount of money you make in 20 minutes?

5) Another big "hole" in Robert's story arose from a recent email he sent to his car video subscribers (including me), stating that he has decided to sell all his cars because he's going on vacation to Australia for a month:

"I think it’s time to do an entire refresh on my garage. Therefore I am listing literally everything for sale while I’m traveling in Australia and New Zealand for the next month."

It seems strange to me that someone would sell 5 of their cars just because they're going on a little vacation, especially when he supposedly just bought a warehouse to store them all in.

-----

All that aside, I respect the guy for putting the effort in to putting this story together. It has holes, but he's created a good following and probably will make some good money selling the book. Hats off to his passive income. But I don't respect him at all any more

D

DeletedUser397

Examples of Plagiarism in Far From It...

Page 22-23 of "Far From It" by Robert Himler:

You always hear this term in life, "be realistic". Well realism and success are on two opposite ends of the spectrum. You're always told in life that things of grand accomplishment are unrealistic, but the few successful people that actually act on their beliefs to prove those naysayers wrong is what determines someone who is successful from someone who is not. It is unrealistic to think that we could put people in a metal fixture and fly them from one point on the earth to another. Fortunately, the Wright brothers didn't buy into the concept of "being realistic". It's unrealistic to think that the idea of electricity could exist, and that there could be light at any instant. Fortunately, Edison didn't believe in the concept of "being realistic".

Stolen word-for-word from 0:56-2:21 of this YouTube video:
Motivation for Life - YouTube

In various parts of the book he puts text in quotes that clearly were taken from elsewhere, but without citing the author or source of the quoted text. Examples:

Page 44 - “You are a product of your environment. So choose the environment that will best develop you toward your objective. Analyze your life in terms of its environment. Are the things around you helping you toward success - or are they holding you back?”
- This quote is by W. Clement Stone, but Himler does NOT cite the author or say where it's from.

Page 77 - "If you go there in the mind, you can go there in the body" - This quote is by Dennis Waitley, but again Himler does not cite the source.

There's a lot of other excerpts, quotes, and text he pretty much stole, but that's as much as I feel like writing out. Just don't throw your money away on his book, just saying.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2012
I think Runum is Robert Himler, that is why he deletes free speech posts about himself

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Runum has deleted 30 posts from this thread, communist regime much?

30 posts? Not true. Only one, yours.

Now you want to spread lies about me?

Forum Rules:
No political discussions.
No religious discussions.
No sigs until after 100 posts.
No trolls/haters.
No spam (If you're new and self-promote, it is SPAM!)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think Runum is Robert Himler, that is why he deletes free speech posts about himself

Apparently you've misconstrued the purpose of this forum.

This forum isn't at your disposal to freely dispense your grievances about other people and how you got scammed by some $47 eBook. That task should be left to YOUR BLOG, or YOUR FORUM - the one you fund with your time and money. Speech isn't free when you're using a bullhorn financed by someone else.

We don't have issue with the content of your message and bringing to light a potentially nefarious individual/business; it's your motive and delivery.

Are you here to learn? Contribute? Participate? Motivate others?

Nope.

You have no introduction. No participation in other threads. In other words, you're here to troll... and that my friend, is a violation of the rules.

So while you claim we're slaves to own ignorance, you're obviously a slave to Robert Himler-- wasting your life's precious time on a guy who supposedly squeezed you hard on a $47 eBook.

Amazing.

$47.

Not $470. Not $4,700. Not $47,000.

Assuming you've wasted 100 hours now on Mr. Himler, he continues to bleed you dry, not of your money, but of your time and energy at a clip of 47 cents per hour.

I'm sorry that you feel Mr. Himler scammed you and hopefully others who are considering purchasing his eBook will do the diligence you describe -- unfortunately, as long as you continue to dwell on it, you have chosen to perpetuate the alleged injustice, instead of doing the rational -- learning from the mistake, and moving on.

To conclude, anyone considering purchasing Mr. Himler's book, do some research and diligence.

Find reviews. Do Google searches. Assemble the information you need to make an educated purchasing decision.

That said, thank you Charles for sharing your experience with us (and everyone else) … for now, this thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.