The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Robert Himler and Amy Sangster

Topics relating to managing people and relationships
Status
Not open for further replies.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Alright, I am sure everyone knows who they are and if you don't, just google him and you will quickly find out. They just released his book Far From It. Does anyone else starting to see some missing pieces with his story? Here is a story, basically the same way I feel. Robert Himler and Amy Sangster – A love story of two scammers | The Digital bLog

Read the comments on his Secret Entourage interview, Secret to Success - Robert Himler.

To me, its all starting to add up. I also talked to one of Roberts friend last weekend. He told me his dad has helped him a lot. His dad owns a used car lot and that is how Robert gets the cars cheap.

The book just really went overboard. $47? C'mon, there is no way I am going to spend $47 on a book from someone who doesn't have a huge track record. I'm also confused why he would not sell on Amazon? It is the largest distribution of books, it would create huge numbers of sales, so why not???

I can see his business side, he did a good job for the book. Built up a ton of religious followers who want to get to his spot, then he releases a book that tells how to do it, its gonna sell. All those kids are going to think if they read the book, they will get rich quick.

Anyone else have thought on this? Just curious.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
No thoughts. Don't really give a shit. Scanned through his article and read this though.

"Are there any individuals that you look up to?

There is many people I look up to in the online business world. To name a few; Sean Belnick (founder of BizChair.com), Matt Mullenweg (founder of WordPress), the guys from 37Signals (David Heinemeier Hansson and Jason Fried), MJ DeMarco (founder of limos.com), and social network tycoon Mark Zuckerberg."

So maybe he'll respond

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Same regurgitated information, from any other self help book. People, instead, by these books one after another, instead of committing themselves to the grind of process.

It's easy to buy a book, read it, then feel better, then commit years of your life to a business.

Regardless if the kid is who he says he is or not, he has committed himself to the process of building followers. That, in its own right, is NOT EASY. Good work to him.

There are no secrets folks, just hard work and dedication.

I also can guarantee that he has made money.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have followed rob for a while now and have realized a lot of things. I think he HAS made some money with his web businesses (not millions) and that most of his money is tied up in his cars which for him are viewed as an investment/asset instead of a liability. I think that he will have some good points in his book but once I saw it costs $47, not that many good points, I'll pass. He is trying to sell the classic scheme of get rich quick and easy and live a life of luxury while he has yet to truly make it himself. And I don't like his taste in cars haha, why in the hell do you need 2 or 3 of the SAME cars? :coco:

Oh, and honestly I don't think Amy makes jack sh!t off of forex besides a couple grand here and there on a good day, she just jumped on the bandwagon with rob

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
Rob, please speak up :D

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
A Gallardo costs $219,900 new in the USA. He could have gotten a used one and financed it at ~10k/month. He lived at home with his parents, so all his income was disposable. So all he had to make was $10k/month in order to afford a single Lambo. Then he made more money off his YouTube page with his Lambo. Most of the cars weren't his, I would have guessed. But he was able to buy more.

10k/month is no small feat for a 16 year old, though. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a scammer, but definitely not as rich as he wants people to believe him to be.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I wouldn't say scammer, but I do think he lies about some of the stuff. He said in his promo video that his family isn't rich but that is not the case, I heard his dad is extremely well off.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
I wouldn't say scammer, but I do think he lies about some of the stuff. He said in his promo video that his family isn't rich but that is not the case, I heard his dad is extremely well off.

oh yeah, some parts he is completely full of shit.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Who has actually read the book?

Easy with the stones.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Who has actually read the book?

Easy with the stones.

My information is from people who personally know him that confirmed some of the stuff he says is not true, and told me how it really was.

snowbank

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Aug 10, 2007
Austin, TX
I don't have any thoughts on whether they know business or not because I don't know them/haven't listened to their stuff, and nothing posted shows that they're a fraud or not.

I can see his business side, he did a good job for the book. Built up a ton of religious followers who want to get to his spot, then he releases a book that tells how to do it, its gonna sell. All those kids are going to think if they read the book, they will get rich quick.

Anyone else have thought on this? Just curious.

In regards to this statement/question, this is basically the formula for how most people who don't know how to make money online, make money online. Convince people you know what you're doing, and then sell them a bunch of regurgitated shit. That's what 99.9% of people in that space are doing. They don't have their own unique ideas/experiences, and this is often the route they go.

hpski

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 22, 2012
I was on the edge of going for it, but decided to hold off and wait for reviews, blog posts and so on... by the looks of things I guess it has paid off. From one point it's "well, the book must be worth it's money", but from the other it's "I'm just giving money to him for a PDF".

Personally I don't know what to think of him... it does sound fishy, I doubt Razzi generates enough revenue for the lifestyle he's living and Alexa.com stats seem to back my thoughts up. It's a shame it's gone the way it to be honest. :/ I'm sorry if I'm wrong though.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2012
Guys i found this interesting report. Robert owns absolutely none of this nor the places he lives at, it is all a scam, his parents own it all. Guy is real poser, this was put together by a PI, please spread the word around the forums and lets end this guys lies. url=http://www.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Certainly damning against them if Charles' evidence is to be taken on face value, $47 for an e-book is laughable in anyways, it's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain that someone charging this for a PDF isn't who they claim to be in it.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Robert Himler: the next "guru"?

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Robert Himler: the next "guru"?

It would seem that way alright, it's always wise to thread carefully with these kinds of people in anyways, I'd never listen to anything they say or buy anything they offer without doing due-diligence(real reviews/testimonials from real people).

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Guys i found this interesting report. Robert owns absolutely none of this nor the places he lives at, it is all a scam, his parents own it all. Guy is real poser, this was put together by a PI, please spread the word around the forums and lets end this guys lies. url=http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So, you join a forum just for the purpose of sharing some negative news about someone else? While your information may be true, your methods of delivery are suspect.

In the interest of fairness the link was removed. If someone wants to google this information they may.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 31, 2012
You may take that link away but now that rip off report is being SEO out the butt, it is only a matter of time till it is on the first page of google for the search "Robert Himler" or "robert himler", heck it is already on page 3. Just google search his name and see or to directly find it search "rip off report robert himler". There is already another one now.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
out the butt? :icon_toilet:

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
You may take that link away but now that rip off report is being SEO out the butt, it is only a matter of time till it is on the first page of google for the search "Robert Himler" or "robert himler", heck it is already on page 3. Just google search his name and see or to directly find it search "rip off report robert himler". There is already another one now.

Geez, you're really passionate about dethroning this kid, aren't you? o.o

He has a Fastlane Forum account. He should log on once in a while.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Geez, you're really passionate about dethroning this kid, aren't you? o.o

He has a Fastlane Forum account. He should log on once in a while.

Robert won't post unless it benefits him. He isn't really into the idea of sparing his time to help others

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
While I am not a fan of the "guru" thing or the "fake it till you make it" thing, I am not sure why some of us/you really don't like him. He is doing exactly what we are doing, building a business. And yes he is selling a PDF for 80 bucks, from a consumer standpoint, fck that!! but from a producer point of view, brilliant! He is probably making more money off of that PDF and his YT channel than 95% of the people on this forum are making at all, while he may have not been/be entirely successful, he is leveraging his situation and cashing out on it. It's just another person selling a dream that they themselves haven't even achieved, nothing new!

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I disagree Mike, he's essentially scamming people.

Determined2012

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Jun 22, 2012
Chicago, IL
I looked it up because I am nosy--- those articles about him being a scam artist aren't up anymore.

I was more interested in knowing if his girlfriend really makes all the money she claims with Forex trading. Well, if nothing else, they have a lot of people interested/googling them...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
I disagree Mike, he's essentially scamming people.

He contributes value(Entertain/serve thousands) to the world and is rightly compensated for that in the form of cash money through advertisements or subscriptions.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
This all seems like a real cheap shot to me. charlesthetruth hides behind his screen name so he can sling mud at someone he has a beef with.

When you are in business you are going to pi$$ someone off, it just happens. Do you want them getting on the internet and dragging you through the mud because they aren't happy?

I do not know the people that are the subject of this thread however, I have no respect for "charlesthetruth."

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
I looked it up because I am nosy--- those articles about him being a scam artist aren't up anymore.

I was more interested in knowing if his girlfriend really makes all the money she claims with Forex trading. Well, if nothing else, they have a lot of people interested/googling them...

I had a look at the forex video by Amy posted in that article and it was hilarious, it was like someone who just started trading yesterday, knew some basic trading terms and brought their mates over to try impress them with some "lingo" on a SIM account.

The title is "$20,000 trading forex in 10 minutes" or something like that, complete staple of someone who's out to try woo amateurs.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Here is what the problem is. He lies to sell that book and make money off people by saying he is someone he isn't. He claims multiple times in his videos including the promo vid that his parents are NOT rich. That is a completely lie. Amy even admitted it on another forum and I have 2 people who told me prior who know Robert personally. I think it is f*cked up that that is one of his big selling points on his brand. He claims to be self made, I will tell you how to do it, the truth, no bullshit, blah blah blah. I don't know about his YT or PDF but Razzi does not make enough to justify his car collection.

Let me put it this way. If you found out MJ lied about the stuff he claimed in his book, would you still buy into him? Then he raised the price of his book to $50? Would you not think he was just greedy and all he wanted was more money? Realizing he doesn't care about helping people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!