The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I'm going to call my parents to tell them that I love them.

1633906078362.png

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Anybody know how those After Skool/ASAPscience/etc sketch-style videos are made? e.g.

I'm aware some are made by literal animation (makes sense if you're an animator or get enough views to make creating something with a more unique touch more viable) but there's also software like Easy Sketch Pro and Doodly. Has anybody here used any software like this? Is it worth it? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything related.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Anybody know how those After Skool/ASAPscience/etc sketch-style videos are made? e.g.

I'm aware some are made by literal animation (makes sense if you're an animator or get enough views to make creating something with a more unique touch more viable) but there's also software like Easy Sketch Pro and Doodly. Has anybody here used any software like this? Is it worth it? I did a quick search but couldn't find anything related.
Fiverr, 100% guarantee they are just paying someone on Fiverr to do them

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Not really a story, I've just got some friends who are also in their 20's, have nice degrees from expensive colleges, have well-respected jobs (but got them like, yesterday), and complain about clients who are wealthy and don't have their "formal" educational background, how they aren't well-refined, yaddah yaddah

Mostly lawyers, investment managers, and some real estate agents - talking about their clients, mostly old
People in their 20s do this in the UK except they're not lawyers, they're on 35k a year mocking and patronising working class people who are usually on ⅓~ less but in some cases make more :rofl: I think it makes them feel better about their own inadequacies, class is a weird thing in the UK. Big part of why I quit social media years ago, and recently Reddit

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Fiverr, 100% guarantee they are just paying someone on Fiverr to do them
How much for? I assume the people on Fiverr are using some sort of software if they can do it so cheaply?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
One of the saddest things in today's world are people who meet with their friends or family only to play with their phones most of the time.

Today I saw a father with two teenage daughters in a restaurant. Most of the time, the girls played with their phones, ignoring the father or responding curtly in that vicious, cruel way only ungrateful teenagers are capable of. The resigned father pulled out his phone, too.

What a sad, sad thing.

I wished I could slap these girls and make them realize that one day they'll regret being glued to their stupid phones instead of enjoying a shared meal with their father.

If you're doing this while hanging out with your family or friends, just stop. It's one of the most disrespectful things you can do to someone. And if you really care that little about them that you prefer your phone, then just don't meet with them.
The dad should step up there.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I have Doodly. It’s fun. MJ used that or something similar for some of his own videos. He did them himself I believe.

Personally, I want to write, narrate, create, edit, and publish my own videos.

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I have Doodly. It’s fun. MJ used that or something similar for some of his own videos. He did them himself I believe.

Personally, I want to write, narrate, create, edit, and publish my own videos.
100%.

Does this one look like results from Doodly? I'm interested in seeing results from someone other than Doodly themselves, basically

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7cQLDdWniM

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Just bought myself a standing desk-- yippee. Anyone have one?
Pictures?

I’m thinking of getting a Flexispot standing desk.

becks22

90% coffee, 10% everything else
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Jul 6, 2016
Upstate NY

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
Are you asking to see whiteboard animation videos that haven’t been created by Doodly?

I don’t know what he uses, but Paddy Galloway’s videos seem mostly whiteboard animations, with a nice bit of b-roll thrown in:

View: https://youtu.be/fxuwvnWZ1bE
I mean, created WITH Doodly, but not BY the company? Like, did the latest MJ video look like it was created with Doodly, as you said he either uses that or something similar?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Does this one look like results from Doodly?

I've been using VideoScribe. The available graphics it comes with it extremely limited and their prices for additional graphics is insane. Can't say I recommend and it takes considerable time to make vids.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018

I put a deposit down on the new Range Rover coming out for 2023. Can’t find any info on what it will look like but am excited already!

ElleMg

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I've been using VideoScribe. The available graphics it comes with it extremely limited and their prices for additional graphics is insane. Can't say I recommend and it takes considerable time to make vids.
Wow that is a shame. I guess their plan is to hook you with the software and upsell graphics!

I'll check out Doodly instead, it has a money back guarantee if it doesn't fit it's purpose

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Wow that is a shame. I guess their plan is to hook you with the software and upsell graphics!

I'll check out Doodly instead, it has a money back guarantee if it doesn't fit it's purpose
I’ll see if I can make a Doodly video tonight. I never quite got into it. I think I even have a failed progress thread somewhere figuring it out. I only posted once…

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
The math to get a STEM job: elite level
The math to become wealthy: 6th grade
I’ve a degree in Maths. It’s not needed to figure out CTR, conversion rate, and ROI.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.