The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
It's ok if my brain explodes, I wasn't using it anyway. I outsource all of my thinking to the mob.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
It was 3 or 4 Celsius tonight, decided to try out a nearly freezing cold pool swim in the middle of the night after a workout, quite a shock to the body!

I did feel refreshed after getting out and throwing on a jacket then stretching, might add these into my routine more.

1615208710855.png

Not sure if its bro science, but lets see..

Last edited:
D

Deleted78083

It was 3 or 4 Celsius tonight, decided to try out a nearly freezing cold pool swim in the middle of the night after a workout, quite a shock to the body!

I did feel refreshed after getting out and throwing on a jacket then stretching, might add these into my routine more.

View attachment 37100

Not sure if its bro science, but lets see..
I read ice bath is bad after muscle-growth training because it decreases inflammation and inflammation is what gets the muscle to grow, but I have no clue if this is true?

Anyone who is into the science of muscle growth has any idea?

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
1 set 365 lbs x8 sumo deadlift today, followed by 4 sets of 255 lbs x8

I can't wait to deadlift again. I could have done better on both.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Lmao don’t f*ck with the chicks at Bath and Body Works. They bring the squad.
That wasn't no outlet shoppers. That happened at our "classy" mall. :rofl:

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Just a note that when thinking for yourself, sometimes you will disagree with people you totally admire and respect and that’s 100% okay.

You can still be friends with people you disagree with and you can still admire someone even if you don’t want to totally embody their complete being (it would be weirder if you did, actually)

Gotta be an original, not a copy (even of your heroes)!

for instance, Jimi Hendrix played a right handed guitar left handed. Just because you’re a guitarist and Hendrix is your biggest inspiration, doesn’t mean you should try to become a lefty. That would be silly!

Last edited by a moderator:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Just a note that when thinking for yourself, sometimes you will disagree with people you totally admire and respect and that’s 100% okay.

You can still be friends with people you disagree with and you can still admire someone even if you don’t want to totally embody their complete being (it would be weirder if you did, actually)

Gotta be an original, not a copy (even of your heroes)!

for instance, Jimi Hendrix played a right handed guitar left handed. Just because you’re a guitarist and Hendrix is your biggest inspiration, doesn’t mean you should try to become a lefty. That would be silly!

Silly Goose.

Everyone knows that left handed folks are the.... Devil.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Silly Goose.

Everyone knows that left handed folks are the.... Devil.
True. That’s why the nuns used to beat them until the wrote right handed.

My old man was supposed to be a lefty, he thinks. They F*cked him up good lol. He writes right handed, kicks a ball with his left foot, plays hockey left handed, bats left handed, but throws right handed.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just opened a new business bank account without spending the morning at the bank! I stumbled on this Brex thing and it is pretty cool. Evidently it integrates with all sorts of book keeping and whatnot and it’s like techie business banking.

I will let you guys know what I think.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I just opened a new business bank account without spending the morning at the bank! I stumbled on this Brex thing and it is pretty cool. Evidently it integrates with all sorts of book keeping and whatnot and it’s like techie business banking.

I will let you guys know what I think.

Ok. I like it.

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013

ElleMg

Pronounced like the Elle in excellent
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Aug 13, 2020
UK
I've only been single a year and don't like where I'm at enough to be with anyone yet but it's tough when a guy I'm talking to is telling me that he's falling in love with me and thinks I'm the one.

I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself I'm the one lately. Nobody from 'real life' really gets it but maybe someone here will understand. I like myself but I don't like where I'm at.

But to him, it's enough that I've grown my PMA (positive mental attitude) community to 600k. It's enough that I'm helping people. It's enough that I'm passionate about trying to make people's lives better.

As an entrepreneur, though, your validation comes from not just helping people, but helping them enough that you get money for it. I'm not worried about money, but it still hurts that I'm failing a huge part of who I am by making none and not knowing the answers.

It's hard to eat, I can't sleep.. even giving up my vices didn't work. The positive mental attitude didn't either :(

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
As an entrepreneur, though, your validation comes from not just helping people, but helping them enough that you get money for it. I'm not worried about money, but it still hurts that I'm failing a huge part of who I am by making none and not knowing the answers.

Nothing worthwhile is easy. Chin up.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Probably my favorite part of ending up on the path that this forum sent me down is that after you learn to handle the difficulty of building things and leading projects, so many things seem possible. It's a remarkable feeling.

"Be of good cheer; what doth it matter? How much is still possible! Learn to laugh at yourselves, as ye ought to laugh!" - Friedrich Nietzsche

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
your validation comes from not just helping people, but helping them enough that you get money for it
I hear you. I think your message/position/sentiment will resonate with more than a few people here.

My validation comes from neither. I just care if I am making my clients phone ring. Whether it's $300 or $3000, I don't care about the money. I've even given months away for free under certain circumstances. And yes, sometimes calls help them (getting clients), but sometimes it doesn't (too many calls, always on the phone). Either way, I feel validated.

What exactly is your goal with this group? If your goal isn't to inspire 600k people to think more positively, if that isn't enough validation, than what does a good amount of validation look like? X number of books sales? Getting X number of patreon supporters? Signing X sponsorship deals? Getting X life coaching clients? (Sorry, I'm not well versed on monetizing a PMA group)

Besides the nebulous, "I want to make more money from this group", what is the goal you are working towards that will leave you fulfilled?

Or at least leave you feeling deserving of a meal?

Maybe, as you said, maybe you don't have the answer. But that's what progress threads and participant surveys are for, right?

Hth.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
I've only been single a year and don't like where I'm at enough to be with anyone yet but it's tough when a guy I'm talking to is telling me that he's falling in love with me and thinks I'm the one.

I'm having a hard enough time convincing myself I'm the one lately. Nobody from 'real life' really gets it but maybe someone here will understand. I like myself but I don't like where I'm at.

But to him, it's enough that I've grown my PMA (positive mental attitude) community to 600k. It's enough that I'm helping people. It's enough that I'm passionate about trying to make people's lives better.

It's hard to eat, I can't sleep.. even giving up my vices didn't work. The positive mental attitude didn't either :(

Am I reading correctly that you have a community of 600,000 people? Do you have a plan for making money from what you're building? If you have the attention of 600,000 people on something you control, there must be money waiting to be made, surely.

Making money off of something that size is a service to the people who use it... they obviously don't want the creator/owner/maintainer to burn out and let the community disperse!

G

Guest-5ty5s4

A friend of mine from high school who’s 26 years old just quit his job, bought a POS sailboat, and moved to the Bahamas. I don’t think he has very much money at all, but I often wonder... is that the real trick? If he can manage like that, why are we still working so hard?

But then I remember how much I like A/C and restaurant food.

Plus the story about the MBA and the fisherman, and how silly the whole message was.

(Oh and he’s been spearfishing for his food and I have no idea how he bathes... so there’s that)

Last edited by a moderator:

loop101

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Mar 3, 2013
A friend of mine from high school who’s 26 years old just quit his job, bought a POS sailboat, and moved to the Bahamas. I don’t think he has very much money at all, but I often wonder... is that the real trick? If he can manage like that, why are we still working so hard?

(in fact, he’s been spearfishing for his food and I have no idea how he bathes... so there’s that)

We are working hard so that we have dental care.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Plus the story about the MBA and the fisherman, and how silly the whole message was.

(Oh and he’s been spearfishing for his food and I have no idea how he bathes... so there’s that)

Bathe in the ocean

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I don't know him but I'd say he most likely has something most rich people don't have - peace of mind. And ultimately I think you'd rather have peace of mind than live your life constantly worrying that you never have enough.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Maybe give this a try: Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender: Hawkins M.D. Ph.D, David R.: 8601420019690: Amazon.com: Books

or alternatively this: The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself: Michael A. Singer: 9781572245372: Amazon.com: Books

Both of them have the same core ideas, Singer expresses the mindset better with less BS imo, whereas Hawkins explains the mechanism and dealing with your emotions better, but there's some sketchy new age stuff in there too :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.