The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Google moving away from tracking individuals for ads?

Interesting move to say the least.

@Andy Black, curious what is your opinion on that and how you see things evolving?
I've not been keeping up on Google stuff recently... I've jumped head first into Twitter the last month.

Is there an article somewhere explaining what they're going to do or have done?

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
To the men in this thread: you could add 10 lbs of muscle by the end of this year by lifting weights.

Why wouldn't you?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
To the men in this thread: you could add 10 lbs of muscle by the end of this year by lifting weights.

Why wouldn't you?
That’s a trick question, any answer other than ‘I will’ is an excuse.

I don’t have an excuse. Will I do it? I can’t say.

:rofl:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida

Why wouldn't you?

Tried it once, my arms got big and I had to spend my money on new shirts. I could have spent that money on Bumbu rum and soda pop!

There were still hills of dirt and mulch I needed to move around the yard. I pick up heavy things for hours, and still get nothing done? What?! The chicken feed is still in the back of the car!

I don't understand this whole weight liftin' thing.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
@MJ DeMarco I personally think this layout is not good as we cant see contributor with the post.

1614840632772.png

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
It is not looking good LOL seems to be an unpopular idea.
We'll see...
Not that it will persuade other crazy states and countries.
Sure it will, especially if numbers stay down. AZ is already following by opening schools.

Google moving away from tracking individuals for ads?

Interesting move to say the least.

@Andy Black, curious what is your opinion on that and how you see things evolving?

This isn't anything all that new by Google. The industry has been moving away from third party cookies for a while now. Many browsers are blocking them by default.

There are still ways to track users. It'll mean relying on other tools, and I think there's an opportunity for a new (or maybe existing) analytics platform to serve the needs of the hardcore marketers.

I mean Facebook still tracks users, even people who don't have Facebook accounts. (Well, except in some ways on Apple devices.)

But Google is going away from helping us track users (I doubt they give up on it internally. They will still be personalizing search results, for example).

This has been Google's new approach: "clustering users in interest-based groups".

And let me tell you, 2020 was a game changer for the big G in this regard. I've been playing with these tools for a few years, but last year the results really started to shine through.

I am regularly getting better results from my display ads targeting interest groups than I do my search ads (Not always, not even mostly, but it is a significant and increasing portion). And I always layer interest groups on top of search ads.

I hate they they are taking away our search term report (slowly but surely. Some of my campaigns have as much as 60% of the clicks hidden. :rage:). I also hate that they are killing modified broad match and making phrase match less precise (again).

They are also changing analytics in ways that will undoubtedly impact my tracking efforts, but I've only started to learn about this side of things.

There will be an evolution necessary for search marketers. I can't tell you if it will be better or worse, I don't care if it'll be better or worse. I only care that I can and am adapting to the new environment.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is an exciting time to be alive.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Why wouldn't you?
I want to get leaner and stronger, not heavier and stronger.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
We'll see...

Sure it will, especially if numbers stay down. AZ is already following by opening schools.

This isn't anything all that new by Google. The industry has been moving away from third party cookies for a while now. Many browsers are blocking them by default.

There are still ways to track users. It'll mean relying on other tools, and I think there's an opportunity for a new (or maybe existing) analytics platform to serve the needs of the hardcore marketers.

I mean Facebook still tracks users, even people who don't have Facebook accounts. (Well, except in some ways on Apple devices.)

But Google is going away from helping us track users (I doubt they give up on it internally. They will still be personalizing search results, for example).

This has been Google's new approach: "clustering users in interest-based groups".

And let me tell you, 2020 was a game changer for the big G in this regard. I've been playing with these tools for a few years, but last year the results really started to shine through.

I am regularly getting better results from my display ads targeting interest groups than I do my search ads (Not always, not even mostly, but it is a significant and increasing portion). And I always layer interest groups on top of search ads.

I hate they they are taking away our search term report (slowly but surely. Some of my campaigns have as much as 60% of the clicks hidden. :rage:). I also hate that they are killing modified broad match and making phrase match less precise (again).

They are also changing analytics in ways that will undoubtedly impact my tracking efforts, but I've only started to learn about this side of things.

There will be an evolution necessary for search marketers. I can't tell you if it will be better or worse, I don't care if it'll be better or worse. I only care that I can and am adapting to the new environment.

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is an exciting time to be alive.
Yes, it’s just more change, and change brings opportunity.

I don’t run display or remarketing much tbh. I’ll figure out what to when they depreciate broad match.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Yes, it’s just more change, and change brings opportunity.

I don’t run display or remarketing much tbh. I’ll figure out what to when they depreciate broad match.
Really? I thought the lack of mod broad would affect you. You're just going to switch to straight up broad match?

With the search terms being more and more hidden, how do you properly manage a neg keyword list in an all broad campaign?

(I also don't do much with google remarketing. I prefer FB/insta for remarketing)

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Really? I thought the lack of mod broad would affect you. You're just going to switch to straight up broad match?

With the search terms being more and more hidden, how do you properly manage a neg keyword list in an all broad campaign?

(I also don't do much with google remarketing. I prefer FB/insta for remarketing)
They’re switching modified broad for phrase. We’ll figure out the new phrase match. We don’t use broad match.

We also don’t use that many negatives. We focus more on the long tail and building my good positives. Of course the search terms will show stuff we didn’t anticipate so we use those to either create more keywords or negatives.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Tried it once, my arms got big and I had to spend my money on new shirts. I could have spent that money on Bumbu rum and soda pop!

This is one of the motivating factors for me. I have a few dress shirts that are just big enough to fit my arms into, and I'm hoping that they accidentally tear while I'm in public so that I can cheer and start growling, howling, and making other animal noises to celebrate how my clothes are no match for my muscles.

I don't understand this whole weight liftin' thing.

*inserts that gif from American Psycho when Christian Bale is with a woman and he checks himself out in the mirror*

G

Guest-5ty5s4

To the comments about adding muscle and getting leaner, y’all should check out Kinobody. The guy is very full of himself, but he’s funny, and his programs work. I’d only buy one course though because they’re all ultimately the same thing, just change the calorie intake.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I see muscle growth results faster than I see weight loss results. It helps me stay motivated when I’m stronger and arms grow.

I am the hands down strongest I have ever been right now.

Like anything, I think there is a balance. There are the geared up looking guys that look like they are three steps away from a heart attack at the gym... That’s too much.

I always thought Grant Cardone had a decent balance.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I see muscle growth results faster than I see weight loss results. It helps me stay motivated when I’m stronger and arms grow.

Like anything, I think there is a balance. There are the geared up looking guys that look like they are three steps away from a heart attack at the gym... That’s too much.

I'll get back into doing a few weights later. The gyms are shut anyway, so that's not helping.

At the moment I want to get jogging regularly. Fresh air and getting my heart and lungs going is preferable to lifting weights for me.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I've never wanted to be "big." I've always wanted to be cut or chiseled.

My brother has this, always had a six pack, but I've always been the squishier one. Lol

Lost a lot of fat doing intermittent fasting + lifting, though. I'm probably about 15% BF now, but my brother was definitely in the single digits (7-9%), like scary lean for most of HS.

My dad is in his 50's and still has abs. I have the genes, just never had the abs!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
How infuriating to design something and have Amazon knock it off.
Exactly. At least these guys are turning this into an oppotunity to re-state their value proposition and reinforce their brand in a positive manner instead of just complaining about it.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
That's one of the things I hate about amazon. What kind of back stabber ethic leads you to make partnerships with other businesses, specifically for the purpose of stealing their product designs and undercutting them until they go away?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
It is one of those shrimp shack days...

Some days the temptation is real. Quit everything. Sell everything. Spend everything. Buy an over the top house and a fleet of ridiculous cars... Have ZERO money to take care of... Make sure I'm at least $10k in the hole at all times... And own a shrimp shack on a beach somewhere.

Those of you that listen to the radio show know about my shrimp shack thing. :rofl:

I wish I could smoke a cigar in my house while I now go hang 5 new light fixtures that I have been procrastinating for a month...

Last edited:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I have the genes, just never had the abs!

That's because you need to develop those muscles. I've had visible abs at probably 18% body fat, which is much fatter than you'd expect to see abs at.

Abs are made in the gym, and revealed in the kitchen.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

That's because you need to develop those muscles. I've had visible abs at probably 18% body fat, which is much fatter than you'd expect to see abs at.

Yeah honestly my BF is probably higher. That's the issue. I've done intermittent fasting, track with MyFitnessPal, but ultimately have been stuck around 18-19% BF with moderate strength for a long time.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
It helps relax, in the same way as deep breaths help relax. But it's not meditation.
So I did a real meditation session, I'm not sure what is the point of this. Do i just go blank in my head and think of things? Don't know how long I did and was just thinking about stuff. Must of been 30 mins or more I'd guess, ( I layed down with my arms out like Jesus and focused on my breath)

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Crunches, situps and all that won't help get abs as much as pure diet and low bodyfat. Lifting weights (weighted situps) or those weighted crunch machines are what gives you those beach body abs combined with low bf. I've been seeing my abs pop out in the morning especially and it's pretty motivating!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Lifting weights (weighted situps) or those weighted crunch machines are what gives you those beach body abs combined with low bf.

Indeed. Resistance training leads to bigger muscles.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Indeed. Resistance training leads to bigger muscles.
The size of the muscle isn’t the problem, it’s the squishy layer over it - haha everybody has their own struggles I guess.

Im skinny, just don’t have a six pack.

Isn’t there a sub forum for this stuff? I never go there but I realize we went way off topic even for this thread lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The size of the muscle isn’t the problem, it’s the squishy layer over it - haha everybody has their own struggles I guess

What ab exercises do you do? What are your one rep maxes on your big 3 (squat / deadlift / bench press)?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.