The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Yes, consume some more like the good boy you are. Forget about real life, it sucks anyway. Buy more products to fill the void that gnaws at you from inside.

Surrend your soul to us, you didn't need it anyway, we are trying our best to make you feel happy, you should be grateful.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Guys just a reminder that political topics/memes, unless discussed within the realm of business and investment (for example, the impact the new Treasury Secretary might have with BTC) is not allowed.

I've let the rules slide lately simply because it has become extremely difficult to separate the two.

I know I haven't done the best lately so I know I'm partly to blame. I'm trying hard to keep this a politics free zone, please try to do your part. Thank you.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Did a boxing workout at the gym, managed to run into another physco path on the street yelling at me saying he's gonna kill me lol... gotta work on these hands :cool: Pretty expensive though, would love to get into some personal training but that is even pricier, hell of a workout.
Be careful with that - old adage but you learn to fight to not-fight.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Be careful with that - old adage but you learn to fight to not-fight.

Of course! So far I think I've literally ran away from two fights. Two separate instances over a drunk guy talking crap and then swinging on me, I'd rather avoid it but if I absolutely can't it's a must I get some practice in. You never win a fight in the street, you either wind up in jail for murder (guy cracks their head open on the street) or you get your a$$ whooped.

Hell of a runner I might add.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
1611447937393.png

Beautiful home!

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
Hot tip: Wrinkled flags, missing salutes, a subtracted cannon, an irregular virtual inauguration, and more signs indicate a sham presidency. Someone might make a killing buying devastated domestic energy assets that will suddenly recover their value by mid-March.

Or perhaps USMIL is fine with a Biden presidency. Place your bets!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Interesting fight with McGregor.

The cycle of being a hungry underdog, to champ, to a life of excess success, to losing to the next hungrier guy is fascinating in sports.

I wonder if this loss will have him back training harder than ever or are the glory days over. I’d love to see him go full blown monk training mode but at the same time he has achieved everything he set out to do.

Will be very interesting to see how this changes things.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I was curious about Victor Pride from Bold and Determined because it has been years since I checked what he has been up to, and I did not expect what I found out. Wow.

Bold and Determined - Hear me declare with boldness, I am a Christian
Thanks for the share. Listening through the first audio from the link.
Even as a Christian, I'm taken aback at his sharing.
Great that Victor decided on a better path.

Here's another blog post where someone discussed some takeaways from Victor's tale:

Namely, the author points out that there's only so far that willpower can take us, and that we do need to care for social and spiritual health. We cannot do it all alone.

Last edited:

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Apr 24, 2016

The cycle of being a hungry underdog, to champ, to a life of excess success, to losing to the next hungrier guy is fascinating in sports.

I wonder if this loss will have him back training harder than ever or are the glory days over. I’d love to see him go full blown monk training mode but at the same time he has achieved everything he set out to do.

Money does change you - if he were to lose everything and start all over again at age 32 I'm sure he'd rise to the top again. He looked a bit too relaxed, but could you blame him? He's done it all and is now a family man.

Competing at such a high level is usually so close between the participants, that it's only a matter of drive and mentality separating the winner from the loser, not skill. Conor doesn't have that nagging thought at the back of his mind that this is his only/last opportunity to prove himself and make it big, or that if he loses the fight his family would suffer financially. I doubt that either of the two needs to think about the latter, but I knew what would happen after the first round.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Quick point on allowing companies access to your health data to "prove that you don't have covid": you're opening Pandora's box. That health data will be used to sell you things.

Imagine a loved one being diagnosed with cancer and 2 hours later you see a phone ad that says "flowers and chocolate - the perfect gift to make your mom forget that she has cancer."

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Yea, there's definitely a pattern.

Comfort is a threat to motivation.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Just finished reading "Delivering Happiness" by Tony Hsieh (CEO, Zappos.com). An incredible read!

Great quote from him: "Envision, create, and believe in your own universe, and the universe will form around you".

Sidenote, Tony Hsieh passed away in November. Really tragic loss.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Hopefully that's not the case for Unscripted part 2

Ha Ha, it already is and was, for Unscripted , Part 1. And now 2.

I enjoy writing, but I don't need to do it.

I'm sure McGregor enjoys fighting, but now he doesn't need to do it. He's no longer hungry and that has repercussions when fists are flying.

For me, comfort means I spend more time trying to produce a quality, unique book, but less on marketing.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
9yhMDYG.jpg

tPcgLdm.jpg

Cyberthal

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Apr 14, 2020
Shenzhen
I like to emphasize the importance of gradually transitioning from employeement to entrepreneurship. This article categorizes methods of earning by level of sophistication. Would've helped me to know this sooner:

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Just updated the S20 Ultra 5G... THAT is a beautiful sight. Actual 5G service.

View attachment 36566
Nicee! We are grabbing a couple S21's and switching to Comcast mobile tomorrow. A Note Ultra for the bride and one of the Galaxy's for me. Probably the base model.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Nicee! We are grabbing a couple S21's and switching to Comcast mobile tomorrow. A Note Ultra for the bride and one of the Galaxy's for me. Probably the base model.

Nice choice! Love it! I'm all about the best phones available.

download.jpeg

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Guys just a reminder that political topics/memes, unless discussed within the realm of business and investment (for example, the impact the new Treasury Secretary might have with BTC) is not allowed.

I've let the rules slide lately simply because it has become extremely difficult to separate the two.

I know I haven't done the best lately so I know I'm partly to blame. I'm trying hard to keep this a politics free zone, please try to do your part. Thank you.
This is such an easy pit to fall into, and the past month I've spent way too much time diving into things that I can't control and have no business debating with others. So thanks for the reminder and for keeping this place so productive for visitors.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Speaking of phones. Samsung is reportedly coming out with the Fold 3 in May. This could be interesting.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

9DmtYin.jpg

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ah bless. Our 8 year old was writing down the names of continents after Googling it on my phone. I had to tell him Wikipedia wasn't a continent.

1612360858804.png

mssharlenes

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Jul 11, 2020
Vancouver, Canada
I was reading a book about this topic a while ago by Elizabeth Gilbert. She describes how ideas are an energetic life-form looking for a human partner. If it thinks that you can do the job, it will pay you a visit. But, if it notices that you won't collaborate to the execution, it will find someone else. It will not wait for you forever.

Now I know that this is magical realism, but it always stuck with me in a way to remind me that if I don't take action, someone else will.
I love this. Looking at ideas this way lifts some of the burden off, if I think I'm just "helping" a life-form manifest itself. It also amuses me and makes the work lighter. Thanks for sharing!

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
This story of Alexander the Great and Diogenes might be helpful for people stuck in status competitions:

"Thereupon many statesmen and philosophers came to Alexander with their congratulations, and he expected that Diogenes of Sinope also, who was tarrying in Corinth, would do likewise. But since that philosopher took not the slightest notice of Alexander, and continued to enjoy his leisure in the suburb Craneion, Alexander went in person to see him; and he found him lying in the sun. Diogenes raised himself up a little when he saw so many people coming towards him, and fixed his eyes upon Alexander. And when that monarch addressed him with greetings, and asked if he wanted anything, "Yes," said Diogenes, "stand a little out of my sun."[7] It is said that Alexander was so struck by this, and admired so much the haughtiness and grandeur of the man who had nothing but scorn for him, that he said to his followers, who were laughing and jesting about the philosopher as they went away, "But truly, if I were not Alexander, I wish I were Diogenes.""

Allegedly, Diogenes quipped "Were I not Diogenes, I would also wish to be Diogenes."

Mind you, Alexander the Great was such a badass that Julius F*cking Caesar looked up to him; and this homeless F*cking homeless dude Diogenes was unimpressed.

"An inability to take seriously for any length of time their enemies, their disasters, their misdeeds—that is the sign of the full strong natures who possess a superfluidity of moulding plastic force, that heals completely and produces forgetfulness." -Nietzsche

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Just ordered an iPhone 12 mini. Thought I'd try something new.

Either way, I have the Galaxy 20 Ultra as well so both ends of the spectrum.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.