The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

WabiSabi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
266%
Sep 2, 2019
Katy, Texas
Sometimes slow-lane stupidity really gets to me; the self-righteousness and manipulative guilt cycles. It always goes to shit when family is over.

>Family member: "Hey that's neat. how much did it cost?"
>Me: "$10"
>Family member: "hurr you'll never have any money if you keep wasting it, hurr a fool and his money"

Seriously? F*ck you idiot, you've been bumming off your wife for the last 15 years. Now you're trying to give me financial advice? Yea no thanks.

Some people are just sick in the head. Just passive aggressive, baiting, bullshit so they can feel better about themselves. This kind of ignorance and hypocrisy just gets under my skin. How dare you invest $10 in something that makes your life better in the long run.

/end rant

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest-5ty5s4

I published a number of iOS apps some years back. It's enough of a pain doing it with a proper Mac... with a Hackintosh, I might have to hire a genius just to keep it running ;) My advice: it's cheaper to buy a Mac than to go on that adventure.

One thing you can do though, if you're early in the process and this works for your app... develop the application for multiple platforms, and start out by compiling it for Android, desktop, or whatever other platform you plan to publish for.

For example, Appcelerator, Xamarin, or React Native. Or for more graphical applications, maybe Unity or something. I'm no longer up to date on which frameworks are the best, but that's likely how I would re-start with mobile app development, if I were planning to do it. Especially if the application even remotely lends itself to cross-platform development.

Thanks for the tip! I have Unity experience, and have built some apps using Lua with the Corona SDK (took an app development class in college, one of the classes I actually learned some useful stuff in), but never published one.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Thanks for the tip! I have Unity experience, and have built some apps using Lua with the Corona SDK (took an app development class in college, one of the classes I actually learned some useful stuff in), but never published one.

Oh neat. I have an acquaintance who wrote some books on Corona SDK. There are lots of options out there, and likely new ones every few months. I re-wrote an application in 2 weeks using Appcelerator, when it was called "Appcelerator Titanium," that took a month to write in just Objective-C (there was no Swift at the time). For most applications, that kind of productivity is worth the effort to learn the tool. For the ones that use Javascript and HTML5, it's probably easier to repurpose front end web developers as mobile developers, or to switch yourself from one to the other.

Lua is a really fun, quirky language. Everything is a table! Wee! Also, you can repurpose World of Warcraft scripters :happy:

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
Due to where I'm at in my journey, I no longer have questions about "how to make money or do xyz" and I feel like I can figure out most things for myself. There are few questions that I feel I can't find the answer to myself and if I can't, I lean on my mastermind group. And when it comes to the forum, I'm not sure how to help people just starting out. In the end it comes down to how much does the person hate their current situation I think. I had to really loathe my existence before I was able to change my life for the better. I want to contribute, but don't know how.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Huge fires are ravaging Oregon right now. For now I'm safe in the N. Portland area, but I have family and friends who have lost their homes already.

Last I checked, the largest fire in Marion Co. is 0% contained.

Hoping you all are doing well!

The smoke coming over to Vancouver a couple days ago was horrible, really sad and hope the people that started the fire end up in jail/pay fines.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
TLDR: Just F*ck group assignments and ignorant, ‘I’ll do the bare minimum’ business school kids who have poor time management skills and poor initiative to research (despite X hours of Business Analytics unit time)

This is one reason why I don’t want to enter the workforce and get a job. I don’t want to work with idiots like them.

All the more reason to freelance or do my own business or catch my own meat.

I use to hate group work b/c of my experience in high school. But during college I enjoyed taking the Group Leader Role. Though majority of students were still lazy, I realized they actually don’t want to fail. After assigning parts of the project I realize I didn’t have much todo. Sure I have to talk in front of the class, be responsible and keep tabs but I didn’t have to do majority of the research and writing.
It could be a blessing in disguise.

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Somehow, this morning I came to the realization:

This culture of accusing each other of "privilege" is nothing else but cloaking the vice of envy as a virtue.

Mean spirited, weaponized envy. A good insight.

My mom got a marketing piece from her alma mater the other day that had her in tears. It reduced her decades of hard work, and those of others like her, who grew up with very little and paid their way through college working multiple jobs, to "privilege." At the same time it outlined a strategy for undoing that supposed privilege by favoring certain anointed groups of people, and excluding others. At one time I thought we had moved beyond such things, but apparently we have not. Victim politics is being used to hurt people, make some feel entitled to redress or revenge, and start feuds.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Sorry, I really gotta vent:

GODDAMMIT. BURN DOWN ONLYFANS. THE WHOLE DAMN INTERNET IS TURNING INTO PROSTITUTION PROMOTION.
But you must remember that one actress didn't show the nudes...despite she promised to!

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Now, people are saying that computers are so advanced and that we are on some new era of Humanity 2.0!

Consider this. Ai ,today, has to be shown millions of images of a cat to know how to recognize one.

When you show a cat to child he learns it at most on second attempt.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Sorry, I really gotta vent:

GODDAMMIT. BURN DOWN ONLYFANS. THE WHOLE DAMN INTERNET IS TURNING INTO PROSTITUTION PROMOTION.

hahaha, all I can say is that Onlyfans is 100% Fastlane lol

edit: The people on this forum are smart enough to get it, but in case anyone's confused, I mean the person/people who own the app are fastlane, not the ones producing the content ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Cancel work! Cancel intelligence! Cancel reason! Cancel productivity! Cancel everything except chips, beer, and reality TV!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Mean spirited, weaponized envy. A good insight.

My mom got a marketing piece from her alma mater the other day that had her in tears. It reduced her decades of hard work, and those of others like her, who grew up with very little and paid their way through college working multiple jobs, to "privilege." At the same time it outlined a strategy for undoing that supposed privilege by favoring certain anointed groups of people, and excluding others. At one time I thought we had moved beyond such things, but apparently we have not. Victim politics is being used to hurt people, make some feel entitled to redress or revenge, and start feuds.
Totally agree. We've gone completely off the rails on the topic of racism. Up is now down, right is left, right is wrong. People can make fun of whites freely, with no repercussions. Say the same thing about black people, and you'd be in serious trouble. But, exactly which white people are they making fun of? The white redneck in Alabama shooting potatoes at cattle, or the white guy in a cabin in Alaska? How about the white guy sipping champagne in a fancy restaurant in Hollywood? And then there's the orange guy in the White House, but that's a different topic altogether.

I've thought a lot about racism over the last few years and have decided that the direction we are headed with it has set us back decades. Someone's skin color is as interesting to me as whether they have buck teeth, a cowlick, or a big nose. I notice it, but that's about it. What I care about, what I listen for when I meet someone is, 'are you a good person? Will I be better off knowing you? What about you is intriguing? What are you contributing to society? What can I learn from you? How can I help you? How can I connect with you? etc etc etc.'

I work with a lot of people in Pakistan. They have some customs over there that are pretty weird, and they look different from me. However, I have an incredible amount in common with the people I work with. We all love our families, work hard, seek to serve people, know how to laugh, etc. Oh, and by the way, Pakistanis know how to take care of each other in a way that is far better than most of us here in the US will ever manage.

Am I perfect with how I relate to people? No. No one is. I have just as many failings as the next person. However, I think that the way of color-blindness brings a far better end result that stoking everyone's hatred of each other. The fact that I have to say this is tragic. I marvel at how far we've fallen.

I've thought a lot about the studies that show that people prefer white sounding names on resumes to black ones ( and many similar points that academia makes). The prevailing way to deal with these problems is to talk about White Privilege, make white people grovel, black people mad, institute racial preferences etc. That's not leading us in a good direction.

I believe the actual answer to it is to teach people how to interact with people different from themselves: Figure out what you truly care about in a person, and then listen for that when you meet someone.

If you care about someone's skin color, then, sorry, you need to change. But if you, in your heart, care about the essence of a person, what delights them, what makes them laugh, cry, get angry, what interests them, then pay attention to those things. They're not what you notice at first glance, so you have to teach yourself to wait a few seconds before making a judgement about a person. When you do that, the stereotype stuff falls away, and you end up with two humans relating to each other.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
https://www.amazon.com/dp/1645036693/?tag=tff-amazonparser-20

I encourage everyone to go to a B&M store and shoplift this book. A woman that is vehemently anti personal property is selling a book. For money.

It is ok you can wear a mask and no one will be able to identify you on camera now.

Yes, this was me in walmart just trolling commies with the wife. Should have brought the microphone and interviewed people.

IMG_0970.jpg

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Here's a small literally application I made in Java. Each week I calculated the amount of money I should distribute into different bank accounts based off of percentages. It didn't take long but it's a repetitive task. But now I wrote this application which I can now run every time I need to figure out how much I should distribute into each account. Just enter in the total amount earned and pops out a table. The amount of bank accounts and the percentage for each bank account is hard-coded right now, but I'd like to make this more flexible in the future.

Do you use any tools like these that automatically do the math for you?

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
When we start with this:

Totally agree. We've gone completely off the rails on the topic of racism. Up is now down, right is left, right is wrong. People can make fun of whites freely, with no repercussions. Say the same thing about black people, and you'd be in serious trouble. But, exactly which white people are they making fun of? The white redneck in Alabama shooting potatoes at cattle, or the white guy in a cabin in Alaska? How about the white guy sipping champagne in a fancy restaurant in Hollywood? And then there's the orange guy in the White House, but that's a different topic altogether.

And people destroy the meaning of words, people are unable to think clearly, and crazy things like this:

A woman that is vehemently anti personal property is selling a book. For money.

start to come into existence, as people lose the intellectual capacity to oppose such nonsense.

"The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. " - Ayn Rand.

I'm sure if you talked to the woman that wrote that book, she would have 1 million and one reasons as to why she can sell a book that is anti personal property for money. I'm also sure that if you started to dive into the meanings of what she says, it will look like she chooses her words by rolling a dice.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
In Defense of Looting: A Riotous History of Uncivil Action: Osterweil, Vicky: 9781645036692: Amazon.com: Books

I encourage everyone to go to a B&M store and shoplift this book. A woman that is vehemently anti personal property is selling a book. For money.

But Vicky Osterweil argues that stealing goods and destroying property are direct, pragmatic strategies of wealth redistribution and improving life for the working class -- not to mention the brazen messages these methods send to the police and the state

What. The. Hell.

Sounds like the second coming of the Soviet Union.

So Amazon blocked books that merely mentioned the word "coronavirus" or "lockdown" or anything related to it but this book—encouraging violence, property destruction, and pretty much going back to the prehistoric ages—is fine.

Yeah.

Makes sense.

Congratulations, Amazon.

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
518%
Jul 9, 2018
But Vicky Osterweil argues that stealing goods and destroying property are direct, pragmatic strategies of wealth redistribution and improving life for the working class -- not to mention the brazen messages these methods send to the police and the state

What. The. Hell.

Sounds like the second coming of the Soviet Union.

So Amazon blocked books that merely mentioned the word "coronavirus" or "lockdown" or anything related to it but this book—encouraging violence, property destruction, and pretty much going back to the prehistoric ages—is fine.

Yeah.

Makes sense.

Congratulations, Amazon.

Right.

If B&M stores are ransacked and looted doesn't it benefit Amazon?

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
In Defense of Looting: A Riotous History of Uncivil Action: Osterweil, Vicky: 9781645036692: Amazon.com: Books

It is ok you can wear a mask and no one will be able to identify you on camera now.

Yes, this was me in walmart just trolling commies with the wife. Should have brought the microphone and interviewed people.

View attachment 34859
Reviews are funny to
Why buy this book when you can loot it. Make sure to scream "I Can't breathe" or "BLM" as you liberate this book from capitalism though. Stay "woke".

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
"The uncontested absurdities of today are the accepted slogans of tomorrow. " - Ayn Rand.
"Our clean, clean coal in our new normal*"

* If something is new, it is not normal.

Last edited:

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
View attachment 34858
Here's a small literally application I made in Java. Each week I calculated the amount of money I should distribute into different bank accounts based off of percentages. It didn't take long but it's a repetitive task. But now I wrote this application which I can now run every time I need to figure out how much I should distribute into each account. Just enter in the total amount earned and pops out a table. The amount of bank accounts and the percentage for each bank account is hard-coded right now, but I'd like to make this more flexible in the future.

Do you use any tools like these that automatically do the math for you?

I used to use one I wrote in Ruby to send sales tax to all the correct counties, at the correct rates, based on where our products were shipped.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Happiness is just finding out there are the NBA playoffs happening, and not knowing about it, not caring about it, and not giving one absolute F*ck. When did that start up again?

Then after learning that, finding out the MLB season started too. Ha Ha, not one F*ck given.

And now, the NFL has resumed.

Again, ZERO F*cks given.

I'm done with sports -- for me, CV19 just proved how "non-essential" professional sports are. Sports was already on the outs for me, but the last 6 months has been the nail in the coffin.

BTW, I heartily recommend a media detox so you no longer have to participate in whatever bullshit the media wants you to be outraged about next -- cultural ignorance is bliss. I can only speculate what people are talking about here and elsewhere because generally, I have no clue. I'm entering my 2nd month of this abstinence and I couldn't be happier.

Highly recommended!

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
When we start with this:

And people destroy the meaning of words, people are unable to think clearly, and crazy things like this:

start to come into existence, as people lose the intellectual capacity to oppose such nonsense.

I'm sure if you talked to the woman that wrote that book, she would have 1 million and one reasons as to why she can sell a book that is anti personal property for money. I'm also sure that if you started to dive into the meanings of what she says, it will look like she chooses her words by rolling a dice.
Here's another place it pops up:

TLDR: a professor used a Chinese word in class that means "that" but sounds like the N word in English. Black students wrote a letter expressing outrage, and USC removed the PROFESSOR from the class.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

TLDR: a professor used a Chinese word in class that means "that" but sounds like the N word in English. Black students wrote a letter expressing outrage, and USC removed the PROFESSOR from the class.

These academic / governing bodies are sickeningly spineless.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States

That is stupid. There are similar words in other languages that sound like it. Like in Korean, it could mean you or your.

Imagine getting upset about someone talking in another language and saying something that sounds like an English word.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.