The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
As someone that has never watched GoT, and also have not seen any of the Marvel movies in about 5 years I feel extremely out of the loop lately.

Comparing GOT to a Marvel movie is like comparing the the size of Jupiter to a tangerine.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
I might be the only person who has never seen GoT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
That reminds me...has anyone else played the PS4 Spiderman? The gameplay is awesome but I have to turn off the dialogue because Peter's Character pisses me off.

I mean he's a f*cking superhero who doesn't pay rent on time or even at all. When he's not beating people up he spends his time in the lab working on passion projects instead of getting a job. Also, he doesn't seem to wash his clothes often or clean his apartment.

Eventually he gets thrown out and becomes homeless because he's spent too much time doing what he loves instead of doing what is necessary to pay his bills.

Beyond that, he goes around webbing up the city and I've never seen him clean up a mess. It's no wonder they instituted rules for super heroes in the Avengers movies.

Basically he's just some guy who got super powers but still has a shitty mindset, except for his one redeeming quality which is that he likes to help people, although he does it his own way with little regard for the law.

MakeItHappen

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Apr 12, 2012
As someone that has never watched GoT, and also have not seen any of the Marvel movies in about 5 years I feel extremely out of the loop lately.
Well, imo it's pretty much never a bad sign if you are not into what the mainstream is into.

That being said I haven't watched GoT ether until like 3 month ago.
I have to say it's addicting.
I like the fact that it's very hard to predict how the plot will turn out throughout the different seasons.

edit: I also like the fact that everybody can die at all times. :innocent: :halo:

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
marvel is awesome ... what a conclusion!

GOT .... dragons aren't my thing. it does help build rapport w/ clients and sell some jobs! don't be afraid to be up to date on mainstream stuff if it helps in that regard ..... read the wikipedia summary if needed .....

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
So it seems that living under the rock isn't only my thing :hilarious:

I tried to watch one episode and couldn’t get into it. I probably just need to give it another chance. Plus it’s not my “genre” which is also probably why I haven’t tried harder to like it. But a lot of people actually say that it’s not their genre either, but they love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I tried to watch one episode and couldn’t get into it. I probably just need to give it another chance. Plus it’s not my “genre” which is also probably why I haven’t tried harder to like it. But a lot of people actually say that it’s not their genre either, but they love it.

I see . Had the opposite problem - its is exactly my genre and i didn't want anyone to spoil it ;)
But nah, i don't watch TV that much recently.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Here is some entertainment for you.

Go to:
www.google.com

Type in:
Thanos. On the right, you will see, The Infinity Gauntlet. Click on it.

Watch everything turn to ASH.

:cool:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
Jan 13, 2014
I tried watching GoT. Really just seemed like someone took the standard sex and gratuitous violence formula and added dragon babies. I get it but I don't get it.

Since my son was born I've become more hyper aware of how much violence is worked into practically everything. It's pretty effed to watch human death and suffering for entertainment value, but hard to abstain because violent stuff is genuinely more fun to watch :wideyed:

Last edited:

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
No Game of Thrones comments?

C'mon, I know someone is dying to opine on the latest!
I watched a few vids of the series on YouTube.

Very good wordplay, especially from Tyrion.

His 'job interview' with Daenerys is a must-see, if you want to know how to nail a prospect talk, or write job applications for Upwork clients. :rofl:

And apparently, the book took YEARS to write, and is definitely worth it, as its very well-built.
(12 business books in 12 months, eh?:smuggy:)

Even for my latest Upwork article project, I took a few days to do instead of the regular 15-30 mins some lazy-a$$ freelancer would do.

Here's what the article will have:
- 2000 word count, at least double of what most articles offer in the field
- at least 3 sets of 4-pointer bullet-points
- multiple snapshots of social media pages, data and other evidence for arguments
- multiple statistics at crucial pain-parts in the article to begin discussing new areas, each and every one of them with their cited resources.

Actually went to Google Scholar to dig, as opposed to ripping other people's blogs.

Having some knowledge on doing academic paperwork helped quite a lot.

-a step-by-step action list at the article's end for readers to begin doing stuff

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
mean he's a f*cking superhero who doesn't pay rent on time or even at all. When he's not beating people up he spends his time in the lab working on passion projects instead of getting a job. Also, he doesn't seem to wash his clothes often or clean his apartment.

Eventually he gets thrown out and becomes homeless because he's spent too much time doing what he loves instead of doing what is necessary to pay his bills.

Sounds like a great marketing move to cater to a particular audience where this behavior will resonate...

Who cares about bills, rent, and responsibilities when you're following your passion?

Just saying...

Well, imo it's pretty much never a bad sign if you are not into what the mainstream is into.

That being said I haven't watched GoT ether until like 3 month ago.
I have to say it's addicting.
I like the fact that it's very hard to predict how the plot will turn out throughout the different seasons.

edit: I also like the fact that everybody can die at all times

I'm intrigued by the writing... the fact that ANYONE can die is part of the appeal. Another part of the appeal is character development -- you can't really do that in 2 hours in a movie, while some of these series can go on for years where character development is done at unprecedented levels. For instance, had Tyrion died in the battle, it would have broke the internet. Viewers feel deeply connected and invested with him (and other characters) because of the time invested in character development... developed over years, not in a two hour movie.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I'll just say that watching Avengers and GoT in the same day made for a pretty good day of entertainment and closure to many many years of TV and movie watching.

I thought the music in GoT was really good. Definitely noticed it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1frgt0D_f4

OMG THE MUSIC!!

Yesterday was a day for the Starks!! I watched Endgame with the kids..it was SO fitting. We stayed until the last little note of a Universe was played.. (you won’t get that hint if you left before the credits roll)

And then later I watched The Long Night episode and MY HEART WAS SO FULL!!

It was like.. entertainment orgasm overload of awesomeness!!

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
For instance, had Tyrion died in the battle, it would have broke the internet. Viewers feel deeply connected and invested with him (and other characters) because of the time invested in character development... developed over years, not in a two hour movie.

You know the writing is good when you can't stand a character and want him to die, and then he's your favorite character 2 seasons later. That happens alot in the series and it didn't seem out of character. It's not like a bad guy suddenly gets a conscious and becomes good, it was true character development that took a long time to arc.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Holy crap! Storm chaser just drove right into a tornado on live tv! Debris slammed the truck, then there was screaming, then the camera froze! Luckily they were okay. Oklahoma is too insane sometimes! The meteorologist said he "kissed the tornado."

ItsAJackal

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Oct 16, 2018
No clue where the right spot would be for this, but I have a quick question about forum features.

I am really excited about the "who to follow" thread, however my news feed is now completely littered with "xyz liked this post" with no added content from them. Is there a way I can only follow threads/posts by people instead of every forum action they make? You can tell when someone hops on the forums because they will like 20+ posts in a row.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
Holy crap! Storm chaser just drove right into a tornado on live tv! Debris slammed the truck, then there was screaming, then the camera froze! Luckily they were okay. Oklahoma is too insane sometimes! The meteorologist said he "kissed the tornado."

Not sure who/if anyone has read the book "Boom Town" by Sam Anderson. It's about Oklahoma, and it's really good!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
No clue where the right spot would be for this, but I have a quick question about forum features.

I am really excited about the "who to follow" thread, however my news feed is now completely littered with "xyz liked this post" with no added content from them. Is there a way I can only follow threads/posts by people instead of every forum action they make? You can tell when someone hops on the forums because they will like 20+ posts in a row.
You’ll learn who does a lot of liking, and who doesn’t. If MJ or Vigilante like something then go read it. If I like something, then not so much. I like posts to let people know I’ve read them... and to encourage them to post more. Different styles.

IMO it’s more useful to read what some people like than what other people write.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Game of Thrones season 8 epsisode 3 had a lot of stupid parts...
Why not use the Dragons first before sending the Dothraki?

Why not arm the Dothraki with Dragon Glass?

How come the night king can withstand dragon fire?

That smoke monster that came out of the lady in Red was NEVER explained...

Why would Arya keep a secret kick a$$ weapon secret from the rest of the army?

How did Arya keep quiet with all that armour?

Bran is absolutely useless unless he starts using his super powers...

The night king was never given a good backstory and was never really explained properly. What was his motivations? What are his plans? Etc...

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Game of Thrones season 8 epsisode 3 had a lot of stupid parts...
Why not use the Dragons first before sending the Dothraki?

Why not arm the Dothraki with Dragon Glass?

How come the night king can withstand dragon fire?

That smoke monster that came out of the lady in Red was NEVER explained...

Why would Arya keep a secret kick a$$ weapon secret from the rest of the army?

How did Arya keep quiet with all that armour?

Bran is absolutely useless unless he starts using his super powers...

The night king was never given a good backstory and was never really explained properly. What was his motivations? What are his plans? Etc...
Thanks.

I’ve added spoilers around your notes. There’s a recent GOT thread in here somewhere. I think you’ll enjoy the conversation.

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 7, 2015
“I never felt the need of scientific knowledge, have never felt it. A young man who wants to succeed in business does not require chemistry or physics. He can always hire scientists.” John D. Rockefeller

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

Amen to that. People start a sentence with, "Did you watch..." and I'm already responding, "Nope."

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
“I never felt the need of scientific knowledge, have never felt it. A young man who wants to succeed in business does not require chemistry or physics. He can always hire scientists.” John D. Rockefeller

This is true of almost anything. Instead of learning to code, you can hire programmers, for example.

But you can't reliably outsource leadership. So if anything, learn to lead. Learn how to inspire others, making your vision their own. Learn how to delegate well. Learn how to sell, too, because although you can hire a sales team, you're always selling something as a leader.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
At work on Friday we had our lunch bought for us because we hit a target.

Literally everyone was sat there going 'Happy Friday!' 'Woo, it's Friday' 'Happy Friday!'

Haven't felt that awkward in ages as I sat there silent and not even attempting to smile. Seriously never understood how people buy into this. Makes me evermore thankful I found Unscripted and this forum knowing I'm not alone in this.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
Spent all day working on my business, got many things done, then got a cheque in the mail for $2000!

Okay, sure, it was a payout from my last employer's benefit system, but still, that gave me a taste of how Fastlaners must feel everyday.

It also felt like a reward for the work I did today and gave me a kick in the mini-feedback loop.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
I reached out to a competitor after hearing him do a podcast interview. (Same niche, but different market segment). We hit it off, and now he is the one person in the world that understands EVERYTHING that I have dealt with in the last 3 years. Because his last 3 years has been virtually identical.

What if one day he decides to expand his business, creates a new line of products that cater to the same market segment as you, ie: expanding horizontally? The knife will be coming from the back....

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.